No announcement yet.

MSU @ M, Game Day, In Game, Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I always wonder what guys who do this for a living are thinking. Dantonio absolutely refused to put his kicker on the field - yet the Wolverines were going to punt even with the ball out of the FG kickers range anyway? With 10 seconds left, and half of that would disappear with the 4th down play?

Lets be honest here, snapping the ball to your punter in that situation isn't any different than the Joe Pisarcik play - it wasn't necessary. Run your 4th down play, then MSU has just 1 play to beat you, with 11 guys trying to stop it instead of 1.

Comment

• An injury riddled team who had no fucking business out gaining us by 150 yards.
      And if McGarrett Kings could catch, it would have been worse.

When we talk about Michigan having a limited offense, this game demonstrates exactly what we're talking about. No offense can succeed playing in a phone booth all day-- you have to be able to stretch defenses horizontally and vertically. Michigan's consistent inability to convert big plays downfield hurt badly today against a secondary that was there to be had, and that played a big role in the yardage disparity. I don't think it's a systemic problem. Guys are running open downfield, at least occasionally. Michigan just doesn't have a QB that can hit them.

Comment

• You don't leave the opposition a hail mary away from winning, you kick the damn ball which the punter should be able to do 99.9% of the time.

Comment

• McGarrett Kings has never shown any ability to catch, his drops were expected.

Comment

• Harbaugh said he considered going for it.. Thought it was best to punt it. Wouldn't be any discussion if O'neil catches it. Easy to say it was a mistake being a fatass on your couch.

Comment

• Honestly it is really easy to criticize Harbaugh here . Three scenarios possible.

1. Get the punt off game over

2. Bad snap tell the punter to fall on the ball - sure it would set up a 55 yard yard fg with a bad kicker
              3. Pressure from a rush - throw an incomplete pass . State gets the ball at the 50 with 5 seconds left

Worst ending to a game since the 1980 lions turkey game collapse

Comment

• Exactly, WM. Was absolutely the right call/decision to punt, but fuck me, that's how the Lions lose a game, not M.
                Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  Or maybe like Auburn vs Bama and the returned FG attempt for a game winning TD.

Shocking!
                  Thats what it was in our house.
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• That had a lions game feel to it for us wolverine fans. From the absolute awful fucking refs and that disgraceful targeting ejection to the putrid offense do absolutely nothing including a qb that has no accruacy and happy feet, to the sheer amazing way of ripping defeat from the jaws of victory is the most unbelievable painful way possible.

Comment

• This program gets a QB and look out!
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                        This program gets a QB and look out!
                        Cant wait, soo happy rudock is a one and done.

Comment

• The snap wasn't perfect but it wasn't awful either, he shouldn't handled it no issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
                            And if McGarrett Kings could catch, it would have been worse.

When we talk about Michigan having a limited offense, this game demonstrates exactly what we're talking about. No offense can succeed playing in a phone booth all day-- you have to be able to stretch defenses horizontally and vertically. Michigan's consistent inability to convert big plays downfield hurt badly today against a secondary that was there to be had, and that played a big role in the yardage disparity. I don't think it's a systemic problem. Guys are running open downfield, at least occasionally. Michigan just doesn't have a QB that can hit them.
                            Right. Ruddock has been terribly inaccurate on long throws all season.

Comment

• Ultra conservative play calling really hurt M's chance to add-on to the lead. M's offensive play calling was like they had a two touchdown or larger lead when Sparty was a play away from winning the game. They need to kick the opponent in the nuts when they are down.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                                Ultra conservative play calling really hurt M's chance to add-on to the lead. M's offensive play calling was like they had a two touchdown or larger lead when Sparty was a play away from winning the game. They need to kick the opponent in the nuts when they are down.
                                That's true, but I wonder if that's a lack of confidence in Rudock. He did throw 2-3 up for grabs. What bothered me all day was the lack of throws on 1st down. We were 2nd and 9 all day. Rudock isn't good enough to keep moving the chains with that down and distance. I thought Harbaugh was playing against the clock most of the day.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X