No announcement yet.

MSU @ M, Game Day, In Game, Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have to be ultra-conservative when you can't trust your QB to make reads consistently or to hit on an aggressive call when you give him one, and you don't have a lot of chances to be aggressive when your offensive line is getting beat. I don't know that I can criticize the playcalling much-- for everything that went wrong, Michigan had the lead with ten seconds left, and I don't see how you criticize Harbaugh and company for sending out the punter there. Michigan just didn't make enough of the plays that were there...especially the last one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
      Except a huge chunk of schools use rugby style punters now. This had nothing to do with his style.
      So the fact that so many schools use rugby style punters makes it right? This was a classic example of someone looking to run before they had control of the football. This simply doesn't happen with a classic style punter. Also, my guess is that O'Neill has not played much football before college.

Comment

• Jeezus christ.

Comment

• In the post game Calhoun said earlier in the game the guy bobbled the snap and he felt he could have went after it but he didn't want to risk the penalty. I think Maxwell has a tiny point, teams do use that rugby style, but they generally aren't going up against 11 rushers.

Comment

• Remember Will Hagerup dropping a punt snap against Ohio State, which led to a touchdown? This can happen with a regular punter, too. It just didn't happen on the final play of the game against an eleven man rush. Young people sometimes just make mistakes in critical situations, and O'Neill did.

O'Neill played Australian rules football and rugby before coming to the US to play college football. If you know anything about those two sports, you know they would probably prepare you more for catching and kicking on the run than American football does, not less. That's why so many college football teams have Australian punters and kickers now.

Comment

• Running on 1st down is exactly what I'm thinking of, Sparty knew we were going to run it on 1st down and we were put into 2nd/3rd and longs with Rudock nearly every time. Made Rudock look even worse than he really is. Give him some throws on first down and his numbers will look better and you'll be in better position on 2nd/3rd down.

Comment

• What punter does go up against 11 rushers?

Edit: JRB basically covered my point. Maxwell has no point. It's complete hindsight.

Comment

• Field the snap fine and the point is moot. Hell, all he has to do is land on the damn ball after he bobbles it and Sparty either attempts a hail mary or a FG. Instead he bobbles the damn ball again.

Comment

• Just watched it again here. http://espn.go.com/college-football/

Oneill looks like he starts to move before securing the ball. Damn thing just bounced off his hands. Snap was low but not too low. Could happen to any style of punter who is feeling the pressure of the moment.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• God has cursed Lions/Wolverines fans.
                      Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                        Just watched it again here. http://espn.go.com/college-football/

Oneill looks like he starts to move before securing the ball. Damn thing just bounced off his hands. Snap was low but not too low. Could happen to any style of punter who is feeling the pressure of the moment.
                        I watched it a few times and not goint to come off as a whiner and it probably wouldn't have mattered but on the return 24 is clearly held when the spartan returner was hemmed it at the sideline... like i said chip shot with 3 seconds left... i think, come to think of it time runs out but penalty on play do they end game or get one untimed play after foul?

Comment

• I can't find where, but Loops said something about the MSU thread being deleted. Is this true?

Comment

• It was locked, now it appears to be deleted.

Comment

• To my greatest fucking shame, I was actually rooting for your boys. Mostly because of my wife, but also because I like some of you. That was an awful way to lose. I honestly feel for ya. Awful loss.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Thanks. But I still hope for the balancing good karma against you guys.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X