Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama drops to No. 9 in latest Coaches Poll - This just sound weird its been so long.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      Jesus. When you are guaranteed to get a team in the NC game every fucking year because your conference starts with every lousy team ranked in top ten you are bound to win some championships. You can't win them if you don't get in the game. The SEC being over rated every single year has ensured that they get a shot.

It has been that way ever since the ESPN/SEC connection.

Follow the money...
      I believe that if you will examine SOS those SEC years, you will find that it is excellent almost every year.

But despite that fact, let's imagine what you incorrectly say is true: A mediocre SEC team that is not even battle tested gets to the NC game because of the massive ESPN conspiracy. Right? That mediocre team that hasn't faced any real comp would surely gets beaten down 90 or 95% of the time or more. Right?

Well, no, actually. That's not the case. So we are left with either (a) They are actually very good or (b) The refs threw the game and made massive ESPN money for doing so; or maybe even something crazier: (c) The opposing team is either drugged or hypnotized into throwing the game to the weak, overrated SEC team. Perhaps ESPN has embedded a hypno subliminal program into their broadcasts.

Personally, I like option c. I would watch that show if it ever makes it to NetFlix.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        Alabama drops to No. 9 in latest Coaches Poll - This just sound weird its been so long.
        2010. We were ranked as low as 15th that year, iirc.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You gotta get there to have a chance. The inflated rankings of SEC teams insured that SEC teams would be in the playoff or at the top of the rankings.
          Simple as that.

The only SEC team that got screwed over was the undefeated Auburn team that was probably the best in the nation that couldn't climb out of the hole that the pre season ranking dug for them.

They never let that happen again. Teams like Spurrier's shitty SC teams and Arkansas were ranked in the top 15, usually the top ten to start the year. It was an easy road to get "quality" wins (or loses) for anyone that played them

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well.you know, that tough SEC schedule and all...

Mediocre teams past the top two or three, just like every other conference in the country, but wait! Start of the season 6 SEC teams in the top 10.

The hell you say!
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• To me it seems like the SEC was better 10 years ago than it is now. One of the best things they have is Gary Danielson politicking for them.

Comment

Comment

• B1G is much better than it was pre Harbaugh/ Franklin. Big XII's depth has been improving.

Comment

• Comment

• How many times are you chuckleheads gonna post that meme on this thread?

Comment

• Not enough

Comment

• It's a good meme

Comment

• Word is Bama may drop as low as the Outback Bowl. Potentially against Minnesota. I think that would be fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X