Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    I am not really a country music aficionado, but I do like them both about equally.
    AA likes both kinds of music...country AND western...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Does anyone have thoughts on how Southwest Columbus real estate development and values compares to, ummmm, those in SEC country -- like Monroe, Louisiana or Florence, Alabama? I feel like this could be a really productive conversation.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah, I have a thought: DIAF.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Conferences with the most players invited to the 2020 NFL Combine:

SEC: 93
          Big Ten: 57
          Pac 12: 47
          ACC: 35
          Big 12: 29
          AAC: 20
          MWC: 12
          C-USA: 11
          Sun Belt: 7
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• SEC: 93 ...... the B10 almost less than half of that and the rest not even close?

Hmmmm, something's not right there. What's the distribution of invitees within the two conferences?
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• By my count M and osu had 11 each of the BT's 57. The rest were scattered around and I didn't count. I also didn't look at the SEC's splits.

There are a lot of factors involved in players graduating and declaring for the NFL or declaring with remaining eligibility that would render using NFL combine invites as a measure of talent discrepancies between perennial CFP contenders a weak one.

It still gives a peak at the collection of NFL talent that these perennial contenders are playing CFB with. Given M's numbers in comparison to just osu though, they are clearly under-perfroming
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Speaking of football, tomorrow will be the 3,000 day since M last beat Ohio State at said sport. I will be sure to post here tomorrow to remind everyone of that fact. I believe Alabam"Alum" such purchase a congratulatory cupcake or tin of vienna sausages for any M fan he knows so as to mark the occasion.

Of course, it doesn't compare to UAT's current run over UTK.

Comment

• I already miss CFB. Bama will be very good this year. None of this subpar 11-2 horseshit.

Comment

• Yeah, hard to see anyone else coming out of the SEC. Clemson, of course, is a mortal lock to win the ACC. That leaves two spots. If Ohio State can play decent defense they should have a fighting chance at the B10. If they win in Eugene then they can probably lose a game -- a close game -- along the way.

Not sure who the 4th team will be.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, OU did play Georgia tough -- probably should have won. But, yes, the last two years the game was over by the end of the 1st quarter.

The P12 will be interesting. As noted, Ohio State plays in Eugene. Oregon PROBABLY makes it last year if they don't play Auburn (or beat them, heh). Everyone thought the B12 was total shit and was looking for any reason to not invite them. But, alas, there was no even vaguely credible option other than a 12-2 Oregon. Now, having watched Oregon play Wisky, I say, with a lot of confidence, that LSU would have beat them as bad as they beat OU.

Anyway, if Oregon loses at home to Ohio State then that's very problematic for P12 hopes. And they'll be breaking a new QB and they have lost out -- at least for now -- in the portal sweepstakes. Now, Cristobal is sort of anti-Chip in that his teams play good defense -- and they should be very good on defense next year. But, man, it seems like they'll still need to score a bit to beat Ohio State.

Comment

• Clemson
                            Ohio State
                            Bama
                            I also think this could end up a lot like this year where the #1 seed is a really big fucking deal. If Alabama gets credible QB play and avoids catastrophic injury woes then they're going to be outstanding. Clemson loses a bit in their back 7 and, most importantly, on their OL. But they're going to be stacked. And if OSU gets solid defensive play and keeps Fields healthy then they should be really, really good. And I don't see any team that even has the upside potential to match any of those 3.

I guess maybe Texas? I mean, they were as decimated with defensive injuries as Alabama -- maybe even worse. An Austin food truck vendor was playing CB for them at the end of the season. I think. But, honestly I'm not sold on Ehrlinger.

Comment

• I think OSU wins. If not the P12, then maybe ND.

Comment

• Notre Dame's schedule is conducive to the CFP. They play two games that jump out -- Wisconsin in Green Bay and then they host Clemson. Maybe 2-3 other games that could be problematic, but not for a CFP team.

Maybe Florida if they can go 12-0 into the SECCG. Their schedule is relatively weak. Georgia is probably losing at Tuscaloosa. At that point they probably have to win out.

Comment

Working...
                                X