Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish for you the same success as the Saturday Evening Post.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• They had a good run.

Do you get a pang of pleasure, knowing the Bear's vindictive nature cast Norman Rockwell into a life of penury?

Comment

• Had nothing against Rockwell. He went to Look Magazine well before the SEP’s libelous attempted hatchet job.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Had nothing against Rockwell. He went to Look Magazine well before the SEP’s libelous attempted hatchet job.
          Did he really?? Lol, I actually didn't know that. A magazine for people who felt Life was too intellectual.

When I'm retired and bored as hell I'd love to just browse through old libraries of Life, Look, Collier's, Harper's, Saturday Evening Post, etc.

Comment

• They were all just Boy’s Life for adults. And incidentally. Rockwell illustrated for Boy’s Life, too.

Comment

• Jacorey Brooks gets his 5th star.

Comment

• When I'm retired and bored as hell I'd love to just browse through old libraries of Life, Look, Collier's, Harper's, Saturday Evening Post, etc.
                Aren't already indulging your fetish for god-awful Sci-Fi? I mean, surely you could squeeze in Life review in lieu of a third re-watch of R.O.T.O.R. or Battletruck.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• R.O.T.O.R. is a masterpiece, sir, and ought to be studied in film schools everywhere

Comment

• Perhaps you should do a review.

AA's chess thread could use some action.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That could be my 1987 movie...I have my 1985 & 1986 films watched and reviews coming...maybe tonight...

Comment

• What year was “The Thing”? That was one of the rare decent SciFi 80’s movie that holds up pretty well.

Comment

• 1982...pretty sure

Comment

• Do the review!

Comment

• 1982 had

The Thing
                              Blade Runner
                              Wrath of Khan
                              E. T.
                              Tron (lol)

Comment

• Added bonus: there is a chess scene in “The Thing”.

Comment

Working...
                                X