Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just read the box score for MSU vs. LSU -- LSU defense gave up 60 pass attempts for 623 pass yards JFC. Remember when 300 yards was a big day? The definition of "success" in the passing game really has changed.

Comment

• That's a Big 12/ PAC 12 offense for you. It appears like the B10 and SEC are close to adapting to modern day college football offense.

Hopefully the defenses keep up. I was grossed out watching the Texas Tech defense vs Texas.... the defensive formations Tech ran were disgusting. 3 man front, dime coverage for most of the game, and CBs 10 to 15 yards off the WRs.

I prefer when defenses have a fighting shot! Arena football style is too shallow.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• LSU was embarrassed. MSU set a SEC passing record on them - which I loved. I love it even more since LSU promotes themselves as "DBU".
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Ed Orgeron = Larry Coker 2.0. Believe it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            Ed Orgeron = Larry Coker 2.0. Believe it.
            Or Gene Chizik2.0.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              ............It appears like the B10 and SEC are close to adapting to modern day college football offense.......the defensive formations Tech ran were ..... 3 man fronts, dime coverage for most of the game, and CBs 10 to 15 yards off the WRs......... Arena football style is too shallow.
              I agree with this. Offenses are widening the gap in efficiency over college defenses. 600 yard total offense numbers with 75-80+ plays in 4 quarters are becoming common place. Hell, 600 yards just passing are common. I have always liked Mike Leach. Funny and an offensive savant. Great to see Orgeron's D get fucking torched.

OK, so defense. You have to have good DTs and DEs. These guys, the really good ones who have the combo of quicks, size, strength and footwork , don't grow on trees. In fact, they are a rare find. Not sure you can see the talent in a 15-16 year old, follow him in his senior HS season and then develop the skill set these key defensive players need at the college level. You let today's college QBs sit back there comfortably and throw to today's WRS ,XRs and TEs you're toast. No running game required. Well, that's an exaggeration but you get the point.

Add to that OK CBs that have the skill-set to defend 1-1 and a monster FS who can quickly react to the developing play and you've got something. I don't think there a lot of college defenses outside of the elites that have all those tools in their tool box. Don Brown doesn't and M is going to get railed by teams that employ anything close to Mike Leache's offense at MSU ...... and osu is going to ass-rape Brown by slightly different means than a Mike Leach like O this time around. I'm not really looking forward to watching M football.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The other thing are the rule changes. WRs used to absolutely get mauled at the LOS. Going over the middle, they KNEW their heads would be taken off. And QBs in the pocket knew that they would be killed as they threw the ball. Hearing footsteps, for WRs and QBs, was a real thing. Now, not so much.

Also, it seems holding on the OL isn’t watched nearly as close as it used to be.
                Last edited by AlabamAlum; September 29, 2020, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• STFU
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Salad Tongs For Ukraine?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      The other thing are the rule changes. WRs used to absolutely get mauled at the LOS. Going over the middle, they KNEW their heads would be taken off. And QBs in the pocket knew that they would be killed as they threw the ball. Hearing footsteps, for WRs and QBs, was a real thing. Now, not so much.
                      Also, it seems holding on the OL isn’t watched nearly as close as it used to be.

Comment

• shaddup
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Just saw this. Ohio State at 6th is stupid. Either rank them now or don’t due to the football-no football-football delay. But 6th is just ridiculous.

1. Clemson. 2. Bama. 3....Florida? GTFOH.

The official page for the AP Top 25 college football poll, a tradition since 1936. Keep up to date and view the latest ranking updates each week.

Comment

• CFB tonight. Take LaTech and the points.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• The mighty Campbell Camels collecting another paycheck.

Comment

• You know they only lost by 31 to AppState!

Comment

Working...
                                X