Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• up up UP!

Comment

• Interested to see Stenson Bennett vs Auburn next week. Georgia started slow with QB Mathis.... he looked terrible. JT Daniels could also be in the mix at some point.

But yeah... no surprise, Bama still seems like the clear favorite.

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      Najee, barring injury, should end up 5th or 6th in all-time rushing yards at Bama. If he's not a 1st round draft pick this next year, I will be shocked.
      Najee is a beast. Reminded me of Le'Veon Bell with some patient running yesterday.
      If Josh Jacobs was drafted 24th overall in the 2019 Draft, surely Najee goes in the 1st RD if he keeps it up. Though the NFL is weird with RBs sometimes ... 2020 Draft, valuable RBs like Jonathan Taylor, D'Andre Swift, and JK Dobbins fell into the 2nd RD.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Georgia was flat until the 3rd quarter. For whatever reason they weren’t ready to play early.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Difference makers on offense (helmet stickers, if you will) for players on winning SEC teams.

1. Kyle Pitts, Florida. He is why Florida won. 6-6, 240 TE who runs a 4.49/40 with a great vertical. He was a man among boys. 170 receiving yards and 4 TDs. Would have been more but he got banged up.

2. Osirus Mitchell, MissState. 6’5” WR. 183 yards, 2 TDs.

3. Isaiah Spiller, TAMU. 6’1” 225 RB. 117 yards rushing, (14.6 avg).
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Difference makers on defense (helmet stickers, if you will) for players on winning SEC teams.

1. Daniel Wright, FS, Alabama. 10 tackles, 4 QB pressures, 6 PBUs, was never out of position. Every thing you could want from a free safety.

2. Deandre Johnson, LB, Tennessee. 5 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and a PBU.

Comment

• I wish Najee could have been persuaded to come to Michigan. He would have been the top back as soon as he stepped on campus, and he would have started every game he was healthy.

I was a bit surprised that Miss State beat LSU, especially by so much. I guess the "air raid" has arrived in Starkville.

I thought LSU looks like they have a lot of talent, but its raw. With experience, they should be very good again.

Biggest surprise of the day for me was KSU beating Okie at Norman. The Sooners don't seem to play defense anymore.

My pick for biggest potential sleeper of the year is Florida.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                I wish Najee could have been persuaded to come to Michigan. He would have been the top back as soon as he stepped on campus, and he would have started every game he was healthy.

I was a bit surprised that Miss State beat LSU, especially by so much. I guess the "air raid" has arrived in Starkville.

I thought LSU looks like they have a lot of talent, but its raw. With experience, they should be very good again.

Biggest surprise of the day for me was KSU beating Okie at Norman. The Sooners don't seem to play defense anymore.

I think he could have gone a lot of places and been the premiere back from day 1. At Alabama, he got top flight facilities, the best head coach in the game, and a system that puts more players in the NFL than any other team in the nation. Michigan would have been a good place for him, no doubt (and the Wolverines were his number 2), but Alabama made sense.

Florida will be good. Not sure many teams have an answer for Kyle Pitts. If he doesn’t get hurt, he will be very hard to deal with.

Comment

• Alabama extended its national record of consecutive wins vs unranked teams. It now stands at 92-straight. Number two on the list is the Gators streak of 73 wins that ended in 2010.

Comment

• As an example of Alabama’s depth: For a while Najee Harris wasn’t even the best RB named Harris on the team.

Comment

• He had to compete with Josh Jacobs, too.

Comment

• ... and Bo Scarbrough? or was that a year earlier.
                        Can't forget our Detroit Lions player, Bo.

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        Kyle Trask looks like a stud. I think Florida is the only SEC team that has a shot at beating Bama because they have Trask.
                        Need to see more out of Georgia QBs to believe in them. George Pickens does look like a future 1st RD WR... AJ Green 2.0
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• He was a true freshman in Bo’s last year at Alabama.

Comment

• I think Georgia will gel.

The Gators game vs Ole Miss would have been much closer if their monster TE had left earlier. But that Gator D has to grow up some. Ole Miss just ate them up. Moved at will but bogged down in the red zone.

Ole Miss only had to punt 3 times. 651 total yards, 29 first downs. 9-14 on 3rd down.

Comment

• I just wish our backups had played tougher. With 9 minutes left in 4th quarter, we were up 35-6. The fact that we allowed TWO 4th quarter garbage time TDs pisses me off.

To be honest, right now every team in the SEC has some serious flaws. Some flaws or bigger than others, though. And Bama’s seem less significant than others -at least in September.

Comment

• 1. Florida covers
                                2. Missouri covers.
                                3. Take TAMU and the points.
                                4. Take Ole Miss and the points.
                                5. MissState covers.
                                6. Take Auburn and the points.
                                7. LSU covers.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X