Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We gave up 450 yards of offense. Without the pick six and the INT in the endzone, TAMU coulda had over 500 on us.

I think Ole Miss will challenge our D next week and I think Tennessee will challenge Georgia next week.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• sandbaggus ignoramus
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Box score from the TAMU-Bama game:

Attached Files
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dark days...

Comment

• Well, not dark days, but some obvious issues in the secondary.

Comment

• SEC Power Ranking:

1. Alabama, 2-0
              2. Georgia, 2-0
              3. Florida, 2-0
              4. Tennessee, 2-0

5. Auburn, 1-1
              6. Texas A&M, 1-1
              7. Ole Miss, 1-1
              8. Arkansas, 1-1
              9. Mississippi State, 1-1
              10. LSU, 1-1

11. Kentucky, 0-2
              12. South Carolina, 0-2
              13. Missouri, 0-2
              14. Vanderbilt, 0-2

Comment

• AA, I think you'd agree holding teams under 600 yards of offense in the age of elite versions of them isn't a bad outing.

Football has always experienced this ebb and flow of offense v. defense and vice-versa. Right now offenses are controlling the game flow and the game's dynamic has changed. Coaches that scheme offense to a stout defense and kicking game, i.e, a low risk, ball control game, are getting pantsed. They're consistently loosing to teams with modern offenses by scores like 50 to 27..... sometimes with even bigger spreads than that.

That kind of game was known by a lot of names but the term, tressel ball, stands out and was a winning strategy. osu recruited to it. They dominated the BT with it. They won NCs with it. Tressel ball worked, albeit with decreasing success, up to about 7 years ago. It's a failing strategy these days....... and osu knew it when they snagged ufm from Utah.

Alabama has all the tools to score upwards of 60 points every game and will very likely do so. There's big play written all over that offense and Saban, being one of the great CFB coaches of the current era, is going to recruit to it and optimize that capability. Danielson mentioned several times yesterday during the broadcast that "Alabama probably wants to be more balanced and have a better running game." That's a comment from a by-gone era and one that reflects an analyst that hasn't done the home work necessary to keep doing color.

I haven't watched UGA but have seen FL's offense for a couple quarters. They're impressive. Right now, Id' call Bama and FL, 1-2.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Allowing 10-17 (58.8%) conversions on 3rd down, 450 total yards, and 25 first downs is not a great defensive effort against a less than stellar TAMU offense.

For contrast, Vandy (VANDY!) held TAMU to 4-10 (40%) on 3rd downs, 381 total yards, and 17 first downs last week.

Comment

• But to your point, our offense is good. Mac only tried to throw one pick six (thank Najee for running the guy down), but I think Georgia is better than Florida at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      Allowing 10-17 (58.8%) conversions on 3rd down, 450 total yards, and 25 first downs is not a great defensive effort against a less than stellar TAMU offense.

For contrast, Vandy (VANDY!) held TAMU to 4-10 (40%) on 3rd downs, 381 total yards, and 17 first downs last week.
                      Sure ..... I'd respond that the Vandy/TAMU game was TAMU's first. Defenses tend to predominate early in the season, right? So, that could explain why "Vandy (VANDY)" handled TAMU's O.

Teams make their most improvement between the first and second games of the season. That probably explains why TAMU "lit up" Bama's D in your mind. I thought A&M showed some pretty decent offensive play calling coming from a predominantly read-option offense. When those offenses are well executed, they are a MF to stop. Not entirely unlike Army's O that is hard to prep for, well executed read-option offenses, especially early in a season, can be difficult.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Sure ..... I'd respond that the Vandy/TAMU game was TAMU's first. Defenses tend to predominate early in the season, right? So, that could explain why "Vandy (VANDY)" handled TAMU's O.
                        I would offer you this in rebuttal, in our first game Missouri (MIZZOU!) had 20 first downs against us, 8 of 16 third down conversions (50%), and close to 400 yards of total offense.

But let’s look at the national stats. Out of only 74 teams currently playing:

-Our total defense is 30th.
                        -Our scoring defense is 22nd.
                        -Our passing defense is 59th.
                        -Our 3rd down conversions allowed is 66th.
                        -Our first downs allowed is 49th.

Those stats were acquired by playing a horrible Missouri team and a middling TAMU.

To be honest, I do not like our 3rd year DC. He’s only 35, he has a questionable pedigree, and our defense was bad last year (that I blamed on injuries), and it’s bad this year (with most of the injured returning).

We might need to make a change sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Lane Kiffin calling plays next week against Pete Golding will be like watching Magnus playing chess with Wiz. I hope we survive.

Comment

• Next week’s games, times (central), and lines:
                            Attached Files

Comment

• 7-7 ytd.

——————————-

WEEK 3

All picks ATS:

1. South Carolina
                              2. TAMU
                              3. Arkansas
                              4. Tennessee
                              5. Ole Miss
                              6. Kentucky
                              7. LSU

Comment

• The LSU game may be in danger of postponement. Soon-to-be Tropical Storm Delta, which will likely become Hurricane Delta, should hit Louisiana late Friday- meaning a Saturday kick a bit inland at Baton Rouge may be affected.

Comment

Working...
                                X