Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't claim to understand the European Soccer leagues but my son and friends of mine I'm talking about this with during my 2w stay in MI suggest that something like this structure could evolve as it appears two super conferences will emerge by 2025.

The concept involves two levels. You win you stay in the top level; you lose you drop down and have to earn your way back up. Championships are played within levels. I can see splits in the super conferences to accommodate this sort of thing. e.g., teams like Alabama, OSU, Clemson, UGA come immediately to mind as upper level teams.

Is this sort of concept doable in CFB? Premature to talk about it? How does NIL affect this concept/fit in?
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Relegating CFB teams like EPL clubs would be hard with the way conferences work -especially across numerous men’s and women’s sports. It’s an interesting concept, though.

My gut says having 4 major mega-conferences where you cut all the chaff (or almost all) from the wheat is what we’re in store for.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• shaddup
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Goddamn it, Wiz. Talk football! Despite all outward appearances, you are knowledgeable.

Thrill us with your acumen, Clarice.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• There are some HS conferences here in Michigan that "flex" the teams from division to division based on their wins and losses over a multiple year basis.

For instance, they have two-8 team divisions. Every 3 years the bottom two performers (3 yr average) from Division A, drop down into Division B. Then the TOP two performers in Division B, move up to Division A.

I suppose something similar could be done in CFB.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Oh, I think it could be done. I don’t think it would ever fly with the conferences in CFB though. JMO

Comment

• Ed Orgeron may be the Gene Chizik of LSU football. Chizik got some great results when he had a #1 pick at QB and a future head coach at OC, but he couldn't replace those guys quickly enough to save his job.
                UCLA is turning LSU coach Ed Orgeron's joke about the school's blue color into a shirt after the Bruins pulled off a first-week upset of the Tigers.
                Last edited by JRB; September 6, 2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Coach O usually waits until after the game to run his mouth (like in the locker room after he beat Bama with Burrow).

Comment

• 4 players ejected for targeting in this Ole Miss-Louisville game in the first half. Two from each team. Sloppy play, but the Ville blows chunks. 23-0 Fighting Kiffins.

Comment

• Speaking of Louisville, they are a part of one of my favorite geography “jokes”.

Go up to someone and ask “How do you pronounce the capital of Kentucky, LOO-E-Ville or LOO-US-Ville.” Whichever they choose, say “Nope, that’s wrong.”

When they ask how you pronounce it, just give them a deadpan “Frankfort” and walk away.

Okay. I’ll show myself out.

Comment

• I’d prefer you show yourself into an active volcano.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The people of Pompeii...

Mannequin challenge champions since 79 AD.

Comment

• DJ Durkin sighting at Ole Miss.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              I’d prefer you show yourself into an active volcano.
                              Fifteenth
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                SEC Scoreboard:

#1 Alabama beats #14 Miami 44-13
                                #5 Georgia beats #3 Clemson 10-3
                                #6 Texas A&M beats Kent State 41-10
                                #14 Florida beats FAU 35-14
                                #16 LSU loses to UCLA 38-27
                                Arkansas beats Rice 38-17
                                Auburn beats Akron 60-10
                                Kentucky beats La-Monroe 45-10
                                Mississippi State beats LaTech 35-34
                                Mizzou beats Central Michigan 34-24
                                South Carolina beats Eastern Illinois 46-0
                                Vanderbilt loses to East Tennessee State 23-3

Tennessee beat Bowling Green (Thursday) 38-6

Ole Miss beats Louisville 43-24

Comment

Working...
                                X