Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    It’s cute you think CRD will hold UNL to 20 when the 2nd best defense in the country could only hold them to 29.
    M had an off day. Transitive scores never work. All you have to do is look at the Mississippi State/Texas A&M/Alabama scores to see that.

But I understand your point. The M defense is so formidable that to see them give up more than a single score is so rare that it lends to stretching to a fallacy.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Alabama basketball played an exhibition game yesterday. College football is going strong and watched the NFL and NHL yesterday. World Series starts tomorrow. The weather down south is not as oppressively hot as it usually is. I know I have said it before, but what a great time of year.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• STFU
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• With UAT taking the week off to bask in their recent success, especially in stifling some pretty damn good offenses, we're left with the "other 13" playing.

Georgia-Florida is the headliner, but I think the two night games are more interesting. First, I have a hard time seeing Florida-Georgia being that close. I guess it's a rivalry game and all, but I don't think Florida is dynamic enough on offense to push Georgia. I'd say something along the lines of 34-10 with the slow-moving death machine beatdown being apparent about halfway through the 1st.

Now, Ole-Miss-Auburn and UK-Pirate are pretty interesting. I'm not particularly convinced on UK. I think the Pirate is gonna get them. But, I do like the Ole Miss offense enough to take Lane at Jordan-Hare. I think that's technically backing both underdogs, although the lines are small.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That is correct. Georgia will kill Florida. Ole Miss-Auburn will be good with, most likely, Auburn winning. The Fighting Leach Pirates are a mixed bag that can be anywhere from very good to very shitty. They are as unpredictable as their coach.

Comment

• But I will be watching the Braves, primarily. Just thought you needed to know my plans.

Comment

• Speaking of Ole Miss, longtime DC, Joe Lee Dunn had died. He was quite the character. Would trot out some very unorthodox alignments. Many credit him with inventing the 3-3-5, but he would also trot out a 2-7-2, a 2-5-4, and other weird looks.

Comment

• STFU
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Lines for SEC games this weekend:

I think Vandy, Georgia, Auburn, and Kentucky to cover.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      Lines for SEC games this weekend:

I think Vandy, Georgia, Auburn, and Kentucky to cover.

Nailed this week except for the Fighting Leaches. They are a confusing team. Mercurial.

Comment

• LSU week. They have talent. Second in the SEC-West and 5th in the Nation. The Ed O situation has worsened a ton of team issues. Discipline just isn’t there. So, they are a dangerous wounded animal if you catch them on the wrong day, but we should win by 14-21 or so.

In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports Composite Rating.

Comment

• Games and lines for this Saturday:

1. Mizzou at UGA. Georgia could absolutely name their score in this game, but I have a feeling Kirby will rest starters for a lot of the game. If I HAD to bet this I would take Mizzou and the points. This is a game to avoid, however.

2. Liberty at Ole Miss. Ole Miss is badly banged up. That’s why last week I said take Auburn to cover. Liberty is better than a lot realize and Hugh Freeze has prepared all year for it. I would take the Flames to cover.

3. Auburn at Texas A&M. Auburn is now playing the best ball in the SEC by any team not named Georgia. I think the Tigers upset the Aggies.

4. Mississippi State at Arkansas. Who knows? MSU is wildly hard to pin down. They ate Kentucky and Texas A&M up and laid down against Bama and LSU. If I had to pick the game, I would take MSU, but I wouldn’t even bet this game with Talent’s money.

5. LSU at Alabama. I think LSU covers and Bama wins 41-21 or something close.

6. Tennessee at Kentucky. A week ago I would have been strong in the UK camp. They have dropped 2 straight which concerns me about their mental status. Take the Vols in a mild upset.

7. Florida at South Carolina. Look up teams with mental issues and you see a picture of Cocaine Dan and Florida. The Cocks are fielding a team with water boys (but no Bobby Bouchers). The Schizoid Gators cover.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Wow! +29 to Bama two years after having possibly the greatest team in history.

Comment

• We were also 29-point favorites last year at LSU. Won by 38. But this team is not even close to last year’s teams.

Comment

• Bama line is already down to 28.5. Big money moving the needle!

Comment

Working...
                                X