Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, very young.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• My son's high school basketball team was #8 in the state ran into a buzzsaw in the Alabama State Tourney last night in the name of #1 ranked Montgomery Carver HS. Holy shit, what a good basketball team. Great athletes that go about 10 deep, well coached and led by this guy:

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Is your son on the team?
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• No, he's a freshman, played on the JV team this year.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Nice. What position?

Comment

• Spanish Fort had a good team in 6A. They won 14 in a row before they got beat by two in the regional championship and then had to go on the road to play Carver. They had good quickness in the front court, solid bigs and a pretty deep bench. A couple of players are div II talent They lost 4 starters from last year's team that got beat in the state championship game, but are building a pretty good program.

They have Kris Abrams-Draine back as junior next year. He's a very good basketball player, but a better football player and has offers to play football at FL, TN, AR, Ole MS, FL At, UAB, KS and S AL.

He has interest from a dozen other teams- He'll probably end up at AL...

Watch Kris Abrams-Draine's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: Spanish Fort High School - Boys Varsity Football / WR, QB, CB / Class of 2020 / Spanish Fort, AL
              Last edited by CGVT; February 14, 2018, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                Nice. What position?
                He's a two guard right now and played some point. He's just under 6' and real long. He is a good ball handler and a slasher. He is working on his jump shot and has potential to be a pretty good player. He was 6th man this year but was starting until he pulled a hamstring. He missed about three weeks.

Comment

• Those hammys are tricky.

Comment

• shaddup
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Basketball fans:

This is a good site to bookmark because it breaks out all that new quadrant bullshit the Committee is looking at. So you can see how many Q1 wins or Q3 losses or whatever your team has or whatever:

The Nitty Gritty Report for 2017-2018 NCAA Mens College Basketball. This Is a Duplication of the Report Used by the Tournament Selection Committee to Determine At-Large Teams
                      Last edited by AlabamAlum; February 16, 2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Along with the Warren Nolan site:
                        Last edited by AlabamAlum; February 16, 2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• The Quadrants that the Committee will look at:

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30; Neutral 1-50; Away 1-75
                          Quadrant 2: Home 31-75; Neutral 51-100; Away 76-135
                          Quadrant 3: Home 76-160; Neutral 101-200; Away 136-240
                          Quadrant 4: Home 161-plus; Neutral 201-plus; Away 241-plus
                          So Quadrant 1 and 2 wins will be gold and Quadrant 3 and 4 losses will be Kryptonite. Or something. Not even sure the Committee knows how they will use this.

Bama is 6-4 in Q1, 3-4 in Q2, and 8-1 in Q3-4. Seems to be decent when looking at other teams.

Comment

• fuckin' computers
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Nebraska is 0-7 in Quadrant1 games.

Comment

• ...and yer still a dipshit...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X