• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meow
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Hopefully he works out. Avila left a smoldering crater to work from.
      I hated the Baez signing. I wanted Correa. I like the Erod signing but didn't think he was an ace but a #2. I was willing to give JV the contract he wanted

Last year so many things went wrong that hard to tell where to spend the money. Should be much clearer after this year.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• We’re about 75 games into the season and I was surprised that Snitker allowed Bryce Elder to complete the 7th inning and a decade ago how that would have been the minimum expectation for a “good outing” for a starting pitcher.

So, I looked up complete games in all of baseball. The leader is the Rangers Nathan Eovaldi. He has 2. Only 13 others are tied for 2nd place with one. In the year 2000, over 100 pitchers had complete games and the top 10 all had five or more with David Wells having 9.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Fisher has refused to do any upkeep on the ballpark. You think Illitch is cheap? He is not even on the same continent as Fisher.

The Reds owner literally said before the season last year that Cinncy was lucky to have a team. And demanded that the fans support the team even if they didn't even try to put a good team out there.

I will grant that the Marlins doing a sell off immediately after 2 World Series rings did a lot to poison the fan base in Miami, but ownership that has followed did nothing get the fan base back

Now, there are very good owners in MLB. The Padres owner has allowed his team to go out and get top of market talent beyond their market size.

Steve Cohen has spent the money for the Mets to fill their holes while they rebuild the farm system. Good.

​​​​​​The Cubs and Astros tore down to the studs they built back up and Cubs got their ring while the Astros have 2 (and a AL pennet). So a lot of teams copied it. Tigers included.

The reality is Illitch is neither among the best owners (his dad was) or the worst. When they thought they would contend, CI spent money. Now you can say it wasn't spent wisely but it was spent.
          Fact: Since the Ilitches bought the Detroit Tigers in 1992, they have had only one high quality General Manager to run the Franchise since, and that was Dave Dombrowski, who incidentally is responsible for the best era of the Franchise has had since the end of the Bless You Boys era in 1988.

It goes without saying that both former Tigers GMs Randy Smith and Avila were beyond abysmal in their roles, and the new GM (Harris) has his work cut out to at least get this Franchise up and running to the level of the Dombrowski years.

Chris Ilitch doesn't get a pass from me, since he allowed Smith to run the team into the ground (while his Dad was concentrating on the Red Wings) when he (Smith) was here and allowed Avila to run the Franchise back into the ground again once his Father passed away a few years back.

His record as Owner of the team speaks for itself. It's beyond awful. We haven't even had a winning season since 2016. That's 7 years ago, and this team certainly won't have a winning season this year. And, we haven't been to the Playoffs since '14, or won a Playoff game since the '13 ALCS.

I thought that the Ownership of the late WCF Sr. of the Detroit Lions was inept and incompetent, but CI is making a run for his level of ineptitude.
          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• The Guardians remain hot on the tail of the Twins. Playing Oakland is good for what ails ya!

THE ROAR is only 4.5 back on the strength of a tidy little 6-4 run. Maybe not fully RESTORED, but I can hear the whispers of Chet Lemon and Tommy Brookens and see the shadows of Darrell Evans and Lance Parrish in this team.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It might be too early to use the phrase “pennant race” but the Tigers begin a big series with the first place Twinkies tonight! Eat ‘em up!

Comment

• Comerica will be bouncing!

Comment

• I’m sure those in attendance will be somewhat enthused when the Tigers are in the field.

Comment

• The Guardians have 48 HRs. Good for dead last in MLB. The Nats are next at 57 and the ROAR is next at 67. So, it's not even close. They could play the next two weeks and still not catch the Nats.

Comment

• 48!?

Comment

• Jose 11
                        Naylor 9
                        Josh Bell 7
                        Giminez 5 (and not tied for 4th)

POWER!!!!!! We're talking that TD Panda POWER!!!! that HARBAUGH!!!! used to use at the goaline!

Comment

• Tigger Power!
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Tigers' power is spread pretty evenly. Catcher Jake Rogers leads the pack with 9 dingers and a .181 avg. Towering first baseman and former #1 overall pick, Spencer Torkelson, follows closely with 8 and a sterling .680 OPS. A person named Matt Vierling has 7.

Comment

• Larry Herndon could roll out of an all-night orgy and coke party at the Livonia Motel 8 and be the best hitter on the Tigers...today.

Comment

• Truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X