MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Why in Saban’s name would you hate the Braves? I mean, I get hating early-mid 90’s Braves, but that was a quarter of a century ago. For the last 20 years we’ve been the equivalent of the football Wolverines. Occasionally decent, but usually never a real threat to win a championship and almost always destined to find a new and creative way to lose big games.
    This is supposed to be a selling point?

Comment

• A selling point? Not trying to sell you anything. It was a question. I couldn’t care less if you hate the Braves or not, but hating the Braves seems unusual to me since we really haven’t been relevant since Clinton was in office (and things aren’t changing this year) - it just struck me as odd. It’s like me hating the Ottoman Empire or the Prussians or whatever. I guess I thought there was a backstory. Like maybe Chipper Jones ran over your dog or Dave Justice stole your high school sweetheart or something close.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I just really hated the 90s teams and then the middling teams that lost the NLDS every single year. Year after year after year forever. I hope they continue that tradition. And it's the capital of the south. Not my bag.

Comment

• Mike is upset that David Justice ended up with Halle Berry instead of him .... he's hated Justice ever since, and also the Braves because it was the right thing to do.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• MmmmMMMmmmm....Halle Berry.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              MmmmMMMmmmm....Halle Berry.
              Also hates David Justice...

Comment

• Nah, she doesn’t hate him. They aren’t close anymore, but I heard they’re fairly friendly-civil after she quashed the rumors that he was not the one who hit her after he went ballistic on Twitter - unless something has changed recently, that is.

But, meh. I was pissed at Justice for leaving the Braves and going to the Indians and having his best year ever his first year there.

Comment

• Man, Lou Brock and Bob Gibson both dying within a month of each other. Sad year for the Cardinals organization

The franchise's greatest pitcher's passing came on the 52nd anniversary of perhaps his greatest game, a record 17-strikeout performance in Game 1 of the 1968 World Series.

Comment

• Yeah, huge losses.

Comment

• BG was an Omaha native...as was Gale Sayers...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Marlins with a 4-3 lead. Going to the bottom of the 4th.

Some earlier drama when Acuna was HBP (common for the Marlins). I think it was unintentional, but Acuna had hit a dinger in the first inning and, like I said, this is common with the Marlins.

Comment

• Braves win. 6-run 7th inning. Winning game 1 helps. A lot.

Comment

• STFU
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Correct. And STFU
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sometimes Talent Fucking Understands.

Comment

Working...
                                X