X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, most likely

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
      My point was that Stafford will be resigned after this current deal and Quinn and Patricia will be fired within the next 4 year's.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
        There is no trading Stafford. The team is tied to him for two years at a minimum. Moving on from Stafford would cost the team the following.

2019 - 55M in dead money and a -25M in cap savings. It's basically impossible.
        2020 - 20M in dead money and a minimal cap savings of 5.5M
        2021 - 10M in dead money and cap savings of 20M
        2022 - 0 dead money and cap savings of 23M

Instead of trying to find ways to unload Stafford it's time to build a defense for him and coach him up. If he fails over the next two years, you eat 10M in cap and dump the remainder of his contract.

Preferred situation is to have him play (at a high level) in 2022 when his contract will be considered a bargain!
        You mean like when he had the #2 overall defense and still couldn't beat teams with a winning record? Only three more years of mediocrity and counting.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
          I expect the next 10 guys will be worse.

So, we got that going for us.
          certainly possible

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
            My point was that Stafford will be resigned after this current deal and Quinn and Patricia will be fired within the next 4 year's.
            Nooooooo. Stafford will not see the end of this contract with the Lions. He has a 2 year ticking clock.

Comment

• I think Quinn will start using draft picks to find his replacement. I'm talking more substantial draft picks not late round flyers a la Kaaya and Rudock. It might not be a 1st rounder but its fair game there after. Belichick has used quite a few early and mid round picks on QBs, hopefully Quinn took notice.

If Stafford heats up and the Lions click they can always develop and trade them later. If not they're ready for change when that time comes.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post

Of course Martha wouldn't approve it. Have you seen the numbers? The Lions are poorly run historically but they are not so poorly run that they would trade Stafford. It has nothing to do with Quinn's balls - it has to do with his brain. He's not that dumb. Someone else already posted it so I'll just copy and paste but I'd love to see any scenario where making this trade make sense.

2019 - 55M in dead money and a -25M in cap savings.

For good measure I am going to post that one more time.

2019 - 55M in dead money and a -25M in cap savings.
                It is pretty clear it made no sense to trade Stafford this year.

It also makes no sense to not draft his replacement just because he has a big contract.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post

You mean like when he had the #2 overall defense and still couldn't beat teams with a winning record? Only three more years of mediocrity and counting.
                  You mean the #2 overall defense that could not stop another team that knew how to win? Brilliant!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post

You mean the #2 overall defense that could not stop another team that knew how to win? Brilliant!
                    That excuses the "superstar" QB for fumbling the ball away with a chance to win the game? Brilliant!!!

Comment

It is pretty clear it made no sense to trade Stafford this year.

It also makes no sense to not draft his replacement just because he has a big contract.
                      I agree that it makes no sense to not draft his replacement just because he has a big contract. I don't think anyone would argue any differently. But that isn't the only factor here. This team has a good starting QB for the next couple years. There is no getting around that fact. We cannot say that about a lot of other positions. The fact is the Lions don't have the luxury of being able to spend a high round draft pick on a QB. Unless someone drops considerably. Too many holes. Lions need players who are going to contribute now. CB, DE, LB, OL, TE, WR, DT are all positions the Lions need this year, right now, more than a QB that they hope might someday dethrone Stafford.

Comment

I agree that it makes no sense to not draft his replacement just because he has a big contract. I don't think anyone would argue any differently. But that isn't the only factor here. This team has a good starting QB for the next couple years. There is no getting around that fact. We cannot say that about a lot of other positions. The fact is the Lions don't have the luxury of being able to spend a high round draft pick on a QB. Unless someone drops considerably. Too many holes. Lions need players who are going to contribute now. CB, DE, LB, OL, TE, WR, DT are all positions the Lions need this year, right now, more than a QB that they hope might someday dethrone Stafford.
                        Interesting.

I am wondering what he might do if he is needed on the home front?

Becoming a boo magnet is not as attractive as a loving husband and father.

Comment

You can draft all the player you want that can contribute now and then some, but with Mediocre Matty behind center they still won't beat teams with winning records. The question is, do you want draft players that can contribute or do you want to draft players that will win games.
                          Last edited by dwt1; April 15, 2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Becoming a boo magnet is not as attractive as a loving husband and father.
                            Ha!
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• So are we expecting Stafford to throw the ball less next season?

Comment

• I'm expecting a top 5-10 defense that gets offenses of the field, and turn it over to a ball control offense with opportunity shots downfield when available.

So if that best scenario happens then these 3 yard or behind the line of scrimmage passes to players like Riddick will be come less needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X