Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
    So Krapture is now rooting for the death of SCOTUS judges. Wow....way classy there, but then look who he idolizes President Trump.
    Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Of course Kapture is rooting for the death of Supreme Court justices Whitley, that's his thing. The dude is a sociopath who doesn't know if child seperation is inhumane. That guy isn't worth talking to, he's a bad person.

I'm rooting for the retirement of the oldest two, 85 years old and almost 80. BTW the average age of retirement of SCOTUS Justices are 79 years of age.

I said it yesterday, I don't think Ginsburg wants to spend the last few good years of her life descending. She will make no difference for the rest of her career. There is no longer a point for her to spend those last few good years she has left.

And she can't get through oral arguments or the State of the Union without taking a nap. Time to retire.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Of course Kapture is rooting for the death of Supreme Court justices Whitley, that's his thing. The dude is a sociopath who doesn't know if child seperation is inhumane. That guy isn't worth talking to, he's a bad person.
      Yep.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Wrong.

Comment

• A good drinking game would be you have to take a drink every time Lincoln complains about McClellan or when the narrator points out a time when McClellan fails to take the initiative. You would be drunk before Lincoln cans him. He was a dope as a war time general but I think Burns unfairly uses the incompetence as a narrative crutch. They overrate the effectiveness these failed initiatives would have had.

Comment

• You know, the Nazis thought that they were good people, too
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

I'm rooting for the retirement of the oldest two, 85 years old and almost 80. BTW the average age of retirement of SCOTUS Justices are 79 years of age.

I said it yesterday, I don't think Ginsburg wants to spend the last few good years of her life descending. She will make no difference for the rest of her career. There is no longer a point for her to spend those last few good years she has left.

And she can't get through oral arguments or the State of the Union without taking a nap. Time to retire.
              Hey, I think this is progress.

Kapture clearly putting himself out there with this generous dose of sympathy for someone squarely across the aisle. Both bold and vulnerable -- commendable.

Unfortunately, this is likely just him testing the waters for his inevitable normalization of Trump jokingly proposing political opposition euthanasia.

#apexpatriarch strikes again.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                You know, the Nazis thought that they were good people, too
                So did the commies. Of course they ended up being far more murderous than the nazis could ever dream of being.

Comment

• If you've ordered a Quarter Pounder recently and specified "no cheese," you may be interested in a $5 million class-action lawsuit brought against McDonald's on May 8 by Cynthia Kissner of Broward County, Florida, and Leonard Werner of Miami-Dade. These two are angry that they've been paying for cheese even though they ordered their sandwiches without it. The lawsuit contends "customers ... continue to be overcharged for these products, by being forced to pay for two slices of cheese, which they do not want, order or receive." Kissner and Werner have also stated they "have suffered injury as a result of their purchases because they were overcharged" and "McDonald's is being unjustly enriched by these practices." While attorney Andrew Lavin admits the mobile app ordering option does offer a Quarter Pounder without cheese, he notes in-store customers have no such choice. [Miami Herald, 5/24/2018]
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post

Hey, I think this is progress.

Kapture clearly putting himself out there with this generous dose of sympathy for someone squarely across the aisle. Both bold and vulnerable -- commendable.

Unfortunately, this is likely just him testing the waters for his inevitable normalization of Trump jokingly proposing political opposition euthanasia.

#apexpatriarch strikes again.
                    Haha, baby steps I guess. You can expect much more from that guy. The Notorious RBG already said she is staying, she'll die on the job as long as Trump is president. The Kate McKinnon RBG is pretty close to the real thing. That's the score, everyone knows it, even Kapture. Logically his argument doesn't make much sense, he's arguing that her vote doesn't matter and it isdoomed to be in a 5-4 minority for all the cases. If that's the case then it doesn't matter who the replacement is for her.

Comment

• That petition doesn't make sense, you have to order cheese to be on the Quarter Pounder at every McDonald's I've went to. Have they changed it so every Quarter Pounder has cheese?

Comment

• They overrate the effectiveness these failed initiatives would have had.
                        That is, IMO, correct. The United States had to conquer an enormous, well-armed area of treasonous revolt. Contemporaneously, English government didn't think they could win. It was always going to take years. The traitors weren't a clownshow army. You weren't ever going to simply wipe them out with one masterstroke offensive. Ever. Moreover, you didn't just have to beat the army, you had to crush the entire soul of the those who would dare spit at the US. If you didn't then you'd never have capitulation. The way the US eventually subdued the traitors was the way it had to be done -- through a superior war society and through one body blow after another. Relentless.

McClellan's fuck ups didn't always have a promising upside alternative -- though, his cowardly incompetence at Antietam is undeniable. But it was always was going to take lots of time and pain to make the treasonists bend the knee.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Wiz always used to get excited when anyone brought up the Peninsular Campaign but that was due to a total misreading of the word "peninsular"

Comment

• Also, re kapture hoping the entirely outcome-based RBG leaves the Court -- I mean, do we really need to go back and look at Prog comments on Scalia's death? Play that game if you want to.

Stick to calling everyone nazis and racists. It's what you do well.

Comment

• Jonah Goldberg rather tersely on the Supreme Court: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ft-wing-panic/

All pretty indisputable.

Comment

• What's a strict constructionist argument in defense of Brown v Board? That's a decision that only the most extreme originalists or bigots want to overturn and yet it's almost entirely based upon feel-good prog emotion rather than stare decisis, original intent, etc. etc.

Goldberg and most conservatives are willing to accept living constitution decisions when they actually sympathize with the outcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X