Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post

If that’s the case (I know it is) - why is there a need for a booster every few months (as it stands currently)?

By most estimations the T and B cell response to COVID should last decades - it’s only neutralizing antibodies (which stop you getting infected at all) that last for a short time. It begs the question of how long this is sustainable as they certainly won’t be able to vaccinate the world every 3-6 months, swathes of the world aren’t even single jabbed.

I caught it after three jabs and can say it’s one of the mildest illnesses I’ve ever had - I’m hoping that should leave a robust immune response.

I think you answered your own question. It may not have been so mild if you had not taken prior precautions. Good for you man.

I think it probably is because of new information and the virus mutation(s).
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I doubt they will continue to need booster shots. Maybe eventually they will need to do an annual shot like the flu shot. This is a newer technology in the first pandemic of the modern age. If you were fully vaccinated and then caught the virus you might be super resistant now according to the article I posted twice in here.

Comment

• Oh yeah - 100%. Even some friends who got it triple jabbed but got boosted just after me caught it worse.

But this isn’t sustainable long or even medium term. Guess we will have to hope there are next generation vaccines.

Comment

• These are the next generation, they saved a lot of lives. The flu has been coming around every year for as long as we have been around. That's why they still make a yearly shot that is much less effective but still saves lives in the aggregate. Taking a shot is sustainable.

Science is hard, people toil away in obscurity studying this shit and I'm glad they did

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            These are the next generation, they saved a lot of lives. The flu has been coming around every year for as long as we have been around. That's why they still make a yearly shot that is much less effective but still saves lives in the aggregate. Taking a shot is sustainable.

Science is hard, people toil away in obscurity studying this shit and I'm glad they did
            Yes, if this shit had popped up when we had 1918 technology I imagine the world wide death toll would have been staggering.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Prior to this, there was skepticism on any ability to produce something to combat a coronavirus, the stuff they came up with to fight the viruses that attack animals weren't very effective and it caused that pessimism. They were hoping for 70 percent effectiveness. Imagine Dr. Joe Rogan rantings if we're only 65 percent effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Yes, if this shit had popped up when we had 1918 technology I imagine the world wide death toll would have been staggering.
                It in my opinion almost certainly leaked out of the Wuhan Institute of Virology where it had been cultured in human lung cells.

A genuinely naturally occurring virus is unlikely to fall out of the sky already perfectly optimized to attack humans. The R rate is staggering.

Science may very well have caused this as well as ridden to the rescue. I’ve seen no evidence whatsoever that this came from nature and a hell of a lot of seriously sketchy behaviour from the Chinese government.

I mean what are the odds of a pandemic outbreak on the doorstep of a city that hosts the biggest bat coronavirus lab on earth, which was running experiments to make the viruses more infectious to human cells?

Stevie Wonder could see what happened here.

Comment

• Popped up was just a throw away term. In the context of my post who gives a shit where it came from?
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The point I’m making is that this likely wouldn’t have emerged in 1918 because they weren’t turbo charging wild bat viruses in dubious labs then.

COVID is much more infectious than say the Spanish flu. Science has ridden to the rescue with vaccines but very likely also caused the pandemic in the first place.

Technology can be a blessing and a curse.
                    Last edited by TheLondonLion; January 13, 2022, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Something occurred naturally that killed a shitload of people and there was nowhere near the technology to fight it that we have today. There is as much evidence that COVID-19 occurred naturally as there is that it was produced. Nobody knows for sure.

BTW, 1/3 of the world's population was infected by Spanish Flu. About 10% of the population has caught covid, even in a much smaller world
                      Last edited by CGVT; January 13, 2022, 12:24 PM.

Comment

There is as much evidence that it occurred naturally as there is that it was produced. Nobody knows for sure.
                        Yes, strange that, isn’t it?

Occam’s razor says it was a lab escape. Of course there’s no way to know for sure, because the country where the outbreak emerged slow walked an inquiry till over a year later, dictated what theories were put forward in what order and have refused the WHO’s request for a second inquiry focusing on the laboratory.

My concern is that with no accountability, oversight or regulation and more high level biosecurity labs emerging, as well as projects like the “virome project” to go and collect half a million wild viruses - this could happen again and even be worse.

Just a few days ago in Europe “deltacron” emerged and the suggestion is that it was due to lab experimentation - this stuff happens. SARS escaped from Chinese labs on multiple occasions.

We can’t say for sure that it didn’t come from nature but no intermediary hosts have been found (unlike SARS) and there doesn’t appear to be much appetite to look.

Comment

• The Spanish Flu was far worse and it.popped up in Kansas.

I don't think we will ever know if it was a lab leak. But if it was, people are acting like there is one lab like that in the world and they fucked it up. The reason they have these labs is because pandemics that pop up are fairly common throughout human history and these labs study them .

Weren't you the fella who were bitching about the Chinese and the wet markets being the culprit? Did Occam's razor change?

Comment

• My concern is that with no accountability, oversight or regulation and more high level biosecurity labs emerging, as well as projects like the “virome project” to go and collect half a million wild viruses - this could happen again and even be worse.
                            I guess the answer is to believe that there is no oversight and just stop all research on this shit and let nature take it's course.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              The Spanish Flu was far worse and it.popped up in Kansas.

I don't think we will ever know if it was a lab leak. But if it was, people are acting like there is one lab like that in the world and they fucked it up. The reason they have these labs is because pandemics that pop up are fairly common throughout human history and these labs study them .

Weren't you the fella who were bitching about the Chinese and the wet markets being the culprit? Did Occam's razor change?
                              Well, that was the culprit for SARs. I was swayed by the early science that claimed it was from nature but I no longer believe that to be the case.

It turned out that the person who submitted the influential letter to the Lancet journal dismissing the Wuhan lab theory as a “conspiracy” (while declaring no competing interests) had been working with the WIV for years and had been one of it’s main funders for this kind of dangerous research.

The Chinese government have most certainly behaved like they have something serious to hide - from threatening countries who asked for an inquiry to arresting doctors and destroying early lab samples.

I think it’s disgraceful that we aren’t looking under every stone to find out where this came from so that we can stop it ever happening again. While neither origin reflects well on the Chinese government I think they’re quite happy with the ambiguity.

Comment

I guess the answer is to believe that there is no oversight and just stop all research on this shit and let nature take it's course.
                                Well, it’s risk versus reward isn’t it?

Is it worth the risks of deliberately making viruses highly infectious in human cells to “study” when the potential outcome is a deadly global pandemic if it leaks? Are there safer ways to experiment?

The Obama administration paused this kind of research for this exact reason. It’s an ethical question, but one that isn’t really being asked because we have no verified idea where this came from - likely by design.

Comment

Working...
                                X