Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
    Someone we know?
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I think they just posted it cuz it's a COVID topic
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Read the body of it.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Here is a blog on the immune response to COVID-19 and why the scare stories on immunity only lasting a couple of months are likely untrue. It may also explain why we simply haven’t seen much evidence of re-infection of this disease.

To sum it up and from what I understand, the T cells (the immune system “killer” cells and the B cells (memory cells) can recognize this and attack it for potentially decades, rendering it a much less serious infection. It also suggests that those who have been exposed to coronaviruses (eg in cats) which don’t affect humans may have increased immunity.

Comment

• https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...covid-19-again

Can You Develop COVID-19 Twice? Here’s What We Know

Share on PinterestWe still don’t know why some people can test positive for COVID-19 twice. Getty Images
            • The World Health Organization (WHO) says we don’t have enough evidence to understand if and why some people may experience reactivation after recovery.
            • We need more data to determine if and why the virus may be having a flare-up in some infected people.
            • But we may discover it’s all tied back to the functionality of each person’s immune system.
            South Korea recently reported that a significant number of people with COVID-19Trusted Source have tested positive, then tested negative, only to test positive and experience symptoms, like fever, cough, sore throat, and fatigue, again.

Health officials in South Korea say it’s unlikely these patients got reinfected with COVID-19 a second time since they’re testing positive for a second time so soon, but rather that some people with COVID-19 may be experiencing a viral reactivation.

Health experts in the United States don’t think a reactivation of COVID-19 is likely since we’ve never observed viral reactivation in other coronaviruses.

It could very well be that the virus never left their system. It lingered, and they were never fully cured of the disease, and that’s what the subsequent COVID-19 tests are catching.

The World Health Organization (WHO) says we don’t have enough evidence to understand if and why some people may experience reactivation after recovery.

It’ll take time, and a lot of research, before we have a clear picture of the virus’s behavior.

“The truth is that we don’t exactly understand the dynamics of how people who test negative after initial infection end up testing positive again. We need more studies to clarify this observed phenomenon,” says Dr. Robert Glatter, an emergency physician at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City.

Sooooooo a scarier thought (as if this thing couldn't be scarier). you get it and manage to get through it. But it just hangs around your system until it just comes back.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Isn’t that old and debunked?

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                Sooooooo a scarier thought (as if this thing couldn't be scarier). you get it and manage to get through it. But it just hangs around your system until it just comes back.
                It would hardly be the only virus that can do that. Hell, your run-of-the-mill chicken pox can reactivate decades later.

Comment

• Sounds like as long as your immune system works ok then you wouldn't be too hurt by re-infection (hopefully not even initial infection) ... same hopefully true after vaccination

If your immune system is bad to begin with, then you have more to worry about in general

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

It would hardly be the only virus that can do that. Hell, your run-of-the-mill chicken pox can reactivate decades later.
                    That's some scary sh!t
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• No other respiratory viruses do this and there’s absolutely no evidence this does.

The South Korea hype was due to false positive testing. If re-infection was a thing, you’d have seen plenty of it in the US with 5 million diagnosed and maybe 10 times as many infected.

It may be scary but it’s also extremely unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                        Sounds like as long as your immune system works ok then you wouldn't be too hurt by re-infection (hopefully not even initial infection) ... same hopefully true after vaccination

If your immune system is bad to begin with, then you have more to worry about in general
                        There's cases of healthy people (like that guy from the Red Sox) that it's caused other long term issues like enlarged hearts. So that's not true. It's Russian Roulette and IDK if they truly knoe what this thing does to humans over the course of time. Everyone should be cautious.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                          No other respiratory viruses do this and there’s absolutely no evidence this does.

The South Korea hype was due to false positive testing. If re-infection was a thing, you’d have seen plenty of it in the US with 5 million diagnosed and maybe 10 times as many infected.

It may be scary but it’s also extremely unlikely.
                          At this point I can only hope you're right. Long term, all bets are off. They don't/can't know.

Comment

• Baseball sends new protocols to teams, warns suspensions for violations

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 6, 2020, 6:24 AM EDT

Getty Images

After outbreaks on two teams that forced drastic changes to their schedule, Major League Baseball has adjusted its protocols, and threatened suspensions for those who do not comply.

According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today, MLB issued a six-page memo to all teams last night which outlined new procedures for dealing with COVID-19.

“We recognize that these changes place additional burdens and restrictions on players and staff,” the memo read. “But if we desire to play, they are necessary to limit infections and, if someone does test positive, to keep the virus from spreading. The behavior of every covered individual affects the players and staff on his or her team, and on other clubs as well.

“Everyone must be accountable for their own conduct because the careless or reckless actions of a few can impact the health and well-being of everyone.”

The memo also warned of serious punishment.

“Any covered individuals — whether players or club staff — who are found to have repeatedly or flagrantly violated the protocols, including refusing to wear a face covering when required and reminded to do so,” the memo reads, “risks being prohibited from further participation in the 2020 season and postseason.”

The new protocols include a requirement for everyone to wear masks at all times, except for players when they are on the field. That includes all coaches and umpires, and also requires them to all wear masks in the hotel and in public places on the road.

Clubs are also required to reduce the size of traveling parties to only the truly essential, with the team compliance officer required to make sure they’re not dragging extraneous people around. The policies also outline changes to policies for travel, to prohibit gatherings of people in common spaces, eating near each other, and to create more space in planes and buses. It also prohibits players from visiting bars, lounges, malls, and other places where people gather.

Having 33 players from the Marlins and Cardinals test positive necessitated the new measures, but also underscores the difficulty of trying to keep players safe from the virus without playing in a bubble like the NBA (where no players have tested positive).

Comment

There's cases of healthy people (like that guy from the Red Sox) that it's caused other long term issues like enlarged hearts. So that's not true. It's Russian Roulette and IDK if they truly knoe what this thing does to humans over the course of time. Everyone should be cautious.
                              Note the word HOPEFULLY in my post. I know there'll be exceptions. I wouldn't compare it to Russian Roulette tho. For a young (under 50 even), healthy person, it seems you're 99% likely to live through this, and most likely won't have lasting complications. Obviously it's different for other people

PS don't take my post the wrong way. Currently, the need is still massive to limit the spread and be cautious. However, after a person has recovered or vaccine has arrived ... people who are healthy shouldn't live in fear
                              Last edited by Forsh; August 6, 2020, 10:29 AM.

Comment

At this point I can only hope you're right. Long term, all bets are off. They don't/can't know.
                                If you want to be cautious, that's a good thing ... but my hope is that after the vaccine for this thing comes, you'll be able to worry less at least.

Then again, i guess there's a vaccine for the flu and it still kills people

Comment

Working...
                                X