Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGVT
    replied
    He was replying to Foxhopper's claim that it is proven that masks don't work.

Leave a comment:

• Forsh
    replied
    Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

He's blocked from me. There's enough dumb S in the world that I don't need to hear from that fool. But I did want to respond with facts. Sorry for the confusion.
    Haha ok now I'm confused. Deb was replying to a post of mine in the part that u quoted and pretty sure you don't have me blocked haha ... I'm thinking you meant a different post maybe the one Deb quoted from foxhopper i dunno

Ps Deb yeah ... think somehow I've just avoided it. I mean ... I certainly do try to stay away from anybody who seems sick, that's for sure ... but that's always been true
    Last edited by Forsh; September 1, 2022, 10:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Futureshock
    replied
    Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
    Future, I'm not sure you quoted the part you're responding to?
    He's blocked from me. There's enough dumb S in the world that I don't need to hear from that fool. But I did want to respond with facts. Sorry for the confusion.

Leave a comment:

• -Deborah-
    replied
    Future, I'm not sure you quoted the part you're responding to?

Leave a comment:

• Futureshock
    replied

I think the majority of folks are like you and that's the way it should be. Cases are likely lower where you are but I still think my husband and I are being overly cautious here.
    What a fool.

My wife works in a hospital with people having COVID around her almost daily. She must where a mask there. She never gets it there.

She goes to my class reunion and doesn't wear a mask and catches COVID and spreads it to me and our son. What an absolute fool that guy is.

Leave a comment:

• -Deborah-
    replied
    Originally posted by Forsh View Post
    Man I go everywhere here with no mask in crowds, skytrain sometimes etc ... and the only even barely a cold I've had since March 2020 was so minor. I've been jabbed thrice tho so guess that helps
    I think the majority of folks are like you and that's the way it should be. Cases are likely lower where you are but I still think my husband and I are being overly cautious here.

Leave a comment:

• -Deborah-
    replied
    Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
    Masks don't work and that has been proven.
    Please cite your source.

Here are mine: do masks work for covid 19 - Search (bing.com)

Leave a comment:

• foxhopper
    replied
    Masks don't work and that has been proven. Still, if it makes you feel safer, more power to you. Around here there are about 10% still wearing them but the majority still aren't wearing them correctly. What the hell is the point if you aren't going to cover your nose and pie hole?

Leave a comment:

• Forsh
    replied
    Man I go everywhere here with no mask in crowds, skytrain sometimes etc ... and the only even barely a cold I've had since March 2020 was so minor. I've been jabbed thrice tho so guess that helps

Leave a comment:

• edindetroit
    replied
    I still mask up at the more busy stores I go to, especially Costco. But when I go to Save-a-lot I don't bother because there aren't many people there. So many are getting it right now that I might start wearing it there too.

Leave a comment:

• Futureshock
    replied
    I wish I could like that twice CGVT

I think I too got mine from a big gathering, my 40 year class reunion.

Leave a comment:

• -Deborah-
    replied
    I agree, it's everywhere and it's probably just a matter of time until everyone has had it. I'm glad the latest variant seems to be mild, at least. Hubby and I are still pretty careful -- we are the only ones wearing masks when we go to the store around here. But if I catch it, I want it to be from visiting with friends or family, not from some random bozo at Home Depot.

Leave a comment:

• CGVT
    replied
    Glad you are feeling better. Do you have any idea how you caught it?
    I don't know how he caught it, but FWIW, I think the shit is everywhere. I think that there are a lot of people walking around with it and either don't care or don't know and we all just have to deal with it. It seems that most people I know that are getting it now had just attended big events or had travelled just prior to coming down with it. I think part of the reason numbers are coming down is because people aren't reporting it, they are just staying home for a few days, treating it with OTCs and moving on. I am not sure that that is a bad thing. I kinda think it is, as they say, "the new normal"
    I do/did what I can to minimize my chances of getting really sick from it. I had it on the first go-round and am vaxxed and boosted. I will be first in line for the next booster when they say I can get it, but I just go about my business pretty much the same as I did pre-COVID although I do find myself trying to put a little more distance between me and other people when I am in public. If a business requires a mask, I wear one. If not, I don't, but very few places here in SE Georgia are requiring masks anymore. I also think that the newer strains are less deadly and we have gotten better at treating it. It is still going to kill some people, but again, I *think* that it is not the same as it was when it first appeared.
    Of course, I could be absolutely wrong,

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    Its weird how it affects middle aged people differently, (just assuming you’re middle aged, Dpat). I had it a year ago this month and was feeling like crap for no more than a day. Worst part was losing taste completely. Couldnt even taste stronger stuff like coffee or garlic. Wasn’t great.

Reason for post though…….. any you guys ever had real & proper influenza? Not just that shitty bad cold “oh ive got the flu” type bullshit. Meaning proper flu?
    Soccer forum guys will remember this day…… the Hillsborough disaster in Sheffield, England when 96 Liverpool fans were crushed to death.
    My memories of that day were wanting someone to fucking kill me. Was 20 years old and thought I was dying and was convinced death was the MUCH better option.
    The one and only time ever experiencing proper flu…….. an absolute bastard. And instantly understood why it wiped out OAP’s when they caught it.

Leave a comment:

• -Deborah-
    replied
    Glad you are feeling better. Do you have any idea how you caught it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X