No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2nd dose was in late January. Never felt anything.

Comment

• This whole ordeal underscores that there is a lot of people that truly do follow narratives. WHether it's political or whatever, some people do not truly belkieve in the science, the government and/or the medical community.

I like this guy:

Justin Herbert has been vaccinated, uses his biology background to advise teammates

Posted by Mike Florio on June 16, 2021, 4:42 PM EDT

Getty Images

At a time when some NFL quarterbacks are choosing not to talk about whether they’ve been vaccinated, Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert had no qualms about getting the shot — and no qualms about saying so.

Via Joe Reedy of the Associated Press, Herbert told reporters on Wednesday that he’s been vaccinated against COVID. Herbert also said that he tells teammates he has been vaccinated when they ask him questions about it, given that Herbert majored in biology at Oregon.

It apparently hasn’t worked very well. Via Jeff Miller of the Los Angeles Times, Herbert said that he’s among a “small” group of Chargers players who have been vaccinated.

This meshes with a recent report that the Chargers, Colts, Jaguars, and Cardinals are lagging behind when it comes to getting players vaccinated.

It quite possibly will be a competitive issue this year, with teams that embrace the vaccine having greater flexibility and freedom (and fewer distractions and sudden unavailability of potentially key players) then those that don’t. The vaccination question also could spark locker-room rancor as those who have been vaccinated and those who haven’t been vaccinated allow the latest unnecessary political issue to divide them at a time when they should be fully united.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• County officials say only fully vaccinated fans will be allowed at Bills games

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 18, 2021, 12:55 PM EDT

Getty Images

Some Bills players are declining to get the COVID-19 vaccine, but Bills fans are being told they can’t attend games unless they’re fully vaccinated.

The Bills play at Highmark Stadium, which is owned by Erie County, and Erie County officials are continuing to say that unvaccinated fans are not allowed, according to the Buffalo News.

But county officials have been saying that for two months, and the state has said that the county isn’t allowed to make that policy. The state of New York has told the Bills they can fully open at 100 percent capacity without restrictions.

Realistically, it seems unlikely that the county will be able to enforce a vaccine requirement. The COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective and everyone should get it, but it’s probably inevitable that some unvaccinated people will be at Bills games, both on the field and in the stands.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• But...but...but...Muh Rights!
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Mike Tomlin has his players on board with the vaccine, giving the Steelers an edge in 2021

Posted by Mike Florio on June 21, 2021, 6:43 AM EDT

Getty Images

Lost in the entire discussion and debate regarding whether players will or won’t get the COVID vaccine is the unmistakable link between: (1) getting the vaccine; (2) being available to play; and (3) setting the stage for a season with reduced distractions.

It’s a simple, clear, bright-line bit of logic. Getting the shot(s) means one less thing that can keep a player off the field, one less thing that can make it harder for a football team to have the right connections and camaraderie in the locker room, the meeting rooms, the hotel, wherever. It becomes, in a strange sort of way, a permissible PED because it truly enhances — and enables — the full football experience for a player, and his team.

Enhancing the advantage is the fact that other teams apparently won’t have that, while many players operate under the 2020 protocols of masks and distancing and daily brain-scraping COVID tests.

That’s why it’s surprising that so many NFL teams seem to be struggling with getting players to get the vaccine. Think of the things players blindly will take to ensure that they can play, including most notably Toradol. The short- and long-term risks of having a wonder drug that removes pain so that a player can suit up and go routinely are ignored by players who see the clear connection between getting the shot and getting on the field.

That line isn’t as straight when it comes to the vaccine; the benefits aren’t as obvious as “if you take it, you will play.” Maybe some players need to come to their own conclusions once they understand and appreciate the benefits of getting the vaccine. Maybe some (if not most) coaches have decided to soft-pedal the pros of the vaccine in order to avoid the cons of creating friction or resentment from players who believe the coach is being heavy-handed.

Then there’s the fact that (wait for it) football coaches are heavy-handed. They tell players what to do, and they do it.

Look no farther than Pittsburgh, where coach Mike Tomlin has worked his interpersonal football-coach magic to ensure that guys are getting the shot. And it probably was easy for him to do it.

“It’s good for you, it’s good for the team, go get it.”

Who’s going to ask questions or roll their eyes when Tomlin comes up and says that? Who’s not going to get the shot after getting that kind of direction?

Not many, as Tomlin has said. So go ahead, every team against which the Steelers will be playing this year. Make their day. Make their year. Make their path to the playoffs and the Super Bowl easier because, for them, it will be 2019. For you, it will be shades and shadows of 2020, all season long.

Comment

• Travis Kelce hesitated to get the vaccine, now encourages everyone to get it

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 20, 2021, 6:06 AM EDT

Getty Images

Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce initially wasn’t sure he would get the COVID-19 vaccine. But he decided to get fully vaccinated so that he could feel safe around his family, and the experience went so well that he’s now encouraging everyone to get on board.

“I love being around family, [so] it was just kind of a family decision that if everybody got the vaccine, we would be able to be around each other safely and comfortably,” Kelce said, via the Kansas City Star. “So that was the biggest thing — it was huge for family. I was definitely hesitant, but it’s only here to help us, and I’m here to just spread the word to try and encourage everybody to get it.”

Kelce is now helping to publicize easy ways to get vaccinated, noting that fully vaccinated players will allow a normal NFL season, and fully vaccinated fans will allow full stadiums.

“I’m just glad that everything’s going to get back to normal here,” Kelce said. “I think this year is going to be absolutely nuts. I can already feel everybody getting back out in the community and the electricity the city’s bringing. Just being able to get back around each other, and I think this vaccine is only going to help make everybody safer and more comfortable to get back to daily life.”

Kelce is speaking out for a cause that may save lives.

Comment

• COLE BEASLEYWR, BUFFALO BILLS
                Bills WR Cole Beasley said COVID-19 protocols may force him into retirement

"I'd rather take my chances with Covid and build up immunity. Exercise and do what I think is necessary to be a healthy individual. That is MY CHOICE based on MY experiences and what I think is best," Beasley posted on Twitter. "If I'm forced into retirement, so be it." Beasley has been one of the NFL's most outspoken players on vaccination. It has potential to become a distraction for the Bills if Beasley and other anti-vax players continue to push back. Beasley, who participated in minicamp, will need to comply with COVID protocols throughout 2021. The slot receiver would forfeit his $4.7 million salary if he decides to retire.

SOURCE: Cole Beasley on Twitter
                Jun 20, 2021, 9:56 AM

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                  COLE BEASLEYWR, BUFFALO BILLS
                  Bills WR Cole Beasley said COVID-19 protocols may force him into retirement

"I'd rather take my chances with Covid and build up immunity. Exercise and do what I think is necessary to be a healthy individual. That is MY CHOICE based on MY experiences and what I think is best," Beasley posted on Twitter. "If I'm forced into retirement, so be it." Beasley has been one of the NFL's most outspoken players on vaccination. It has potential to become a distraction for the Bills if Beasley and other anti-vax players continue to push back. Beasley, who participated in minicamp, will need to comply with COVID protocols throughout 2021. The slot receiver would forfeit his $4.7 million salary if he decides to retire.

SOURCE: Cole Beasley on Twitter
                  Jun 20, 2021, 9:56 AM
                  Bye Felicia
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Isn't it funny how league people always spout on about playing in the NFL being a privilege and not a right. Until some clown thinks he has a right.

Comment

• Unvaccinated NFL players will face slew of restrictions to open 2021, including being barred from team flights

Life will return to almost normal for players who get vaccinated. Others will face many of the same hurdles as 2020.
                      4 days ago
                      By Kyle Meinke | kmeinke@mlive.com

ALLEN PARK -- Almost all COVID-era restrictions have been dropped for vaccinated players next season. That means no daily testing, no masks, no contact tracing. Life will be almost normal for players who are fully vaxxed.

Unvaccinated players, not so much.

The NFL and NFLPA announced on Wednesday players who decline to get the vaccine will continue to face many of the same COVID restrictions through at least the preseason, at which point the policy will be re-evaluated. That means players such as Detroit’s Taylor Decker -- who has said he won’t get the vaccine -- will have to continue testing daily for the virus. And that’s only the start.

Unvaccinated players will have to continue wearing masks at team facilities and on road trips. They will face new restrictions on those road trips too, including having to fly separately from the team charter. They can’t see anyone -- including friends and family -- who is not in the team’s official traveling party. They can’t go to restaurants. They can’t use hotel spas, gyms or pools either.

Unvaccinated players must remain physically distant from others at team facilities, can’t use the spas or saunas and can’t use the cafeteria. They also can’t use the weight room with more than 15 people. They can’t pursue social media, marketing or sponsorship opportunities. And, most consequentially of all, they won’t be eligible to play if they contract the virus or come into close contact with an infected person. They would still face a mandatory five-day quarantine if contact tracing reveals a close contact.

Vaccinated players, meantime, will be eligible to play even if they have a high-risk contact with an infected person. They would be ineligible to play if they do test for the virus, but they only have to test once every two weeks.

The vaccine continues to be optional for players, but the difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated has never been more stark and those who choose not to get inoculated -- such as Detroit’s starting left tackle -- will be at a disadvantage in almost every way.

“I did not get vaccinated and I’m not going to,” Decker said in April. “I’m just not going to speak to the reasons why. I have my reasons. I don’t know, it’s just such a hot-button topic, but, me personally, I just don’t feel like it’s the best thing for me. So I’m not going to do it.”

Comment

• The Beasley thing is so stupid. His dumaz wants the same rights as a fully vaccinated person. He doesn't want to take the vaccination, but hw ants the same as someone that has taken the vaccination.

Soooooooo, if there was no vaccination and we were working under the rules that he has to deal with anyway.... Would he just retire?

He played last year under those rules and it was ok because everyone was. NOW he wants what vaccinated persons get. Even though he isn't doing what they had to do to get back to normal.

IOW, people (enough) has taken a vaccine so we could get back to normal. Some people don't want to take the vaccination, but feel they have a right to get what the people who did get it gets.

So frickin illogical that in no other time in the history of mankind could his argument not be met with calls for a psychological exam.

Comment

• Wow. “So fricken illogical”

a guy doesn’t want to take injections of a vaccine still deemed “experimental” to guard against a sickness that has very little likelihood of having any effect on him at all. How is this illogical…in any way? Especially at the behest of an employer who only cares about the player’s availability for their own financial gain.

It must be really nice to “just believe” when the gov’t and large corporations tell you things. I’d probably sleep better at night and have way less anxiety.

But for me…when the same 2 entities (gov’t and big pharma) who got together to solve the pain management crisis by inventing the opioid crisis tell me to “just take it”……sorry, but it’s not “illogical” in any way to question those words. The main difference here is that the drugs prescribed during the pain/opioid crisis were fully researched and vetted. In other words the gov’t and big pharma knew exactly what they were doing….Did they have our best interests at heart? But they do now…right?

and don’t forget the gov’t has given pharma complete indemnity should something go wrong….so each person is responsible for their own liability should there be negative side effects immediately or down the line.

When I was younger we used to go to these family reunions in Canada….I had 2 members of the family who were thalidomide persons. It sticks with me to this day….and I would never counsel anyone in their child-bearing years to get a drug that wasn’t 100% checked out…..especially when there is very little risk from the actual sickness that the experimental drug is for.

I’m not an anti-vaccer, I don’t believe the govt is putting tracking chips in people, I don’t believe in chem- trails……I told my parents to get vaccinated because they”re in a high risk group. I’m a cynical optimist…..I really hope this vaccine is the best for everyone, but I’m gonna let ya’ll take it for a while first.

When this is a fully researched and FDA approved vaccination…I’ll take it. Until then…I can show you some very solid logic as to why a person could choose not to participate in a drug trial (which is what this is currently).

Also…giving employers the right to demand that you take drugs/vaccines (experimental or not) or face work consequences is a really slippery slope….it’s all fun and games as long as you see a particular vaccine/drug as a good thing. Corporations only see profits….should they be able to make you take any vaccine they want you to (to maximize their profits) while maintaining no liability for side-effects or negative reactions? Any other preemptive/prophylactic medical treatments that employers should be allowed to enforce? Is my employer going to be able to dictate that I exercise, for instance, or face limited access?

Reading the last several pages of you guys going full star-bellied sneech on anyone who has the audacity to question the motives and altruistic nature of our political figures and the pharmaceutical companies…..it’s been pretty entertaining.

Carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                            Wow. “So fricken illogical”

a guy doesn’t want to take injections of a vaccine still deemed “experimental” to guard against a sickness that has very little likelihood of having any effect on him at all. How is this illogical…in any way? Especially at the behest of an employer who only cares about the player’s availability for their own financial gain.

It must be really nice to “just believe” when the gov’t and large corporations tell you things. I’d probably sleep better at night and have way less anxiety.

But for me…when the same 2 entities (gov’t and big pharma) who got together to solve the pain management crisis by inventing the opioid crisis tell me to “just take it”……sorry, but it’s not “illogical” in any way to question those words. The main difference here is that the drugs prescribed during the pain/opioid crisis were fully researched and vetted. In other words the gov’t and big pharma knew exactly what they were doing….Did they have our best interests at heart? But they do now…right?

and don’t forget the gov’t has given pharma complete indemnity should something go wrong….so each person is responsible for their own liability should there be negative side effects immediately or down the line.

When I was younger we used to go to these family reunions in Canada….I had 2 members of the family who were thalidomide persons. It sticks with me to this day….and I would never counsel anyone in their child-bearing years to get a drug that wasn’t 100% checked out…..especially when there is very little risk from the actual sickness that the experimental drug is for.

I’m not an anti-vaccer, I don’t believe the govt is putting tracking chips in people, I don’t believe in chem- trails……I told my parents to get vaccinated because they”re in a high risk group. I’m a cynical optimist…..I really hope this vaccine is the best for everyone, but I’m gonna let ya’ll take it for a while first.

When this is a fully researched and FDA approved vaccination…I’ll take it. Until then…I can show you some very solid logic as to why a person could choose not to participate in a drug trial (which is what this is currently).

Also…giving employers the right to demand that you take drugs/vaccines (experimental or not) or face work consequences is a really slippery slope….it’s all fun and games as long as you see a particular vaccine/drug as a good thing. Corporations only see profits….should they be able to make you take any vaccine they want you to (to maximize their profits) while maintaining no liability for side-effects or negative reactions? Any other preemptive/prophylactic medical treatments that employers should be allowed to enforce? Is my employer going to be able to dictate that I exercise, for instance, or face limited access?

Reading the last several pages of you guys going full star-bellied sneech on anyone who has the audacity to question the motives and altruistic nature of our political figures and the pharmaceutical companies…..it’s been pretty entertaining.

Carry on.
                            Love this post.

i think it’s hilarious watching how much shit is slung on both sides. Everyone is acting like they’re Medical rocket mechanics. Nobody has a f’ing clue how this shit will positively or negatively impact individuals bodies
                            Last edited by jaadam4; June 22, 2021, 12:58 PM.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• At least you set us straight.

Comment

• Right?

I support the right to choose whether to get vaccinated against this or not. But I do believe that those who don't get vaccinated and catch COVID are likely to cause more variants and I'm afraid of what that may lead to.

I completely disagree with the thought that the vaccine is scarier than COVID.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X