No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, definitely like that. They slide in on that shiny Tesco floor and proclaim, “LOW-LIFE PEASANT SUPERMARKET WORKER..... SHOW THIS NON MASK WEARER TO THE TROLLEY SECTION; THE TROLLEYS THAT ARE HUGE....... FOR I AM LOADED AND CAN AFFORD TO STOCK MY FREEZER FOR TWO MONTHS!”
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

This doctor says 7 to 14 days to be fully vac. Where did your wife get 5 weeks from?

https://news.weill.cornell.edu/news/...nes-to-provide
      A Dr that specializes in these special types of diseases/conditions. She previously worked (MA) with them prior to becoming a Nurse.

From the article,
      Dr. Marks says that the vaccine’s protection is generally achieved somewhere between seven to 14 days after the second dose.
      The wife isn't going to do generally. She is going with the "worst case"

So we did that for 5 weeks. He's since walked it back to 3 weeks to be sure. Most reactions occur within 2 weeks of the second shot.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Laurent Duvernay-Tardif thankful for last year in medicine, returning to Chiefs

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on May 11, 2021, 12:50 AM EDT

Getty Images

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif passed on the chance to help the Kansas City Chiefs defend their Super Bowl title last season for the chance to put his medical degree to use in helping combat the COVID-19 pandemic.

After a year away from football and a light seemingly at the end of the tunnel in the battle against COVID, Duvernay-Tardif is returning to football grateful for the experiences he had over the last year.

“A year ago, I was trading my football helmet and pads for a hospital gown and a pair of gloves,” Duvernay-Tardif wrote in a post to his instagram account. “This experience changed me in a way that I never thought would be possible. I met extraordinary people that made so many sacrifices and took care of our vulnerable ones with so much passion and dedication. Those nurses, orderlies and doctors made me realize the difference between treating and caring for patients.

“It’s now time for me to transition back into football but there is no doubt that those 10 months working part-time in a long term care facility will help me become a better physician. Thank you all for your sacrifices and your hard work.”

Duvernay-Tardif has a Doctorate in medicine and a Masters Degree in surgery from the McGill University Faculty of Medicine, where he graduated in May 2018. He’s spent the last year working in a long-term care facility in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• CDC plans to drop mask requirements for fully vaccinated people

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to announce that people who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no longer need to wear masks or physically distance, indoors or outdoors in most circumstances, according to two sources familiar with the recommendations.

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• One team already has 65 of 90 players vaccinated

Posted by Mike Florio on May 31, 2021, 11:51 AM EDT

Getty Images

Plenty of players are resisting the COVID-19 vaccine, throwing out hollow explanations like “I need to do more research,” while doing none at all. Plenty of players are getting the vaccine, however.

Via Peter King of Football Morning in America, one team already has 65 of 90 players fully vaccinated.

As King notes, that’s 72 percent of the roster. With extra benefits likely for teams that reach an 85-percent threshold for vaccinations, the team with 65 players vaccinated needs only 12 of the remaining 25 to get stuck in order to get to 85 percent of the 90-man roster.

Regardless of any benefits that would attach to a team that gets to 85 percent, the individual benefits could be enough to get players to choose to take the vaccine. Wrote King, paraphrasing the coach whose team has gotten to 65 vaccinated players, “Once players realize that being vaccinated will allow them the freedom to move around without masks, to be able to dine out with teammates and to not have to wake up early every morning to be tested, he thinks his team has a very good chance to be at 85 percent.”

King points to another important inducement for getting vaccinated. Any players who aren’t vaccinated will be required to stay in town during the bye week and be tested every day.

For plenty of players, that could be the one item of research that gets them to do it.

Comment

• I can't WAIT for the inevitable "interview" with a replacement level player who gets cut in training camp claiming it's because they refused to get vaccinated and that he was only cut so that a team could get to this "arbitrary" threshold.

Comment

• The Lions AND the Raiders are the only teams to have their whole staffs vaccinated

DAN CAMPBELLHC, DETROIT LIONS
                Lions coach Dan Campbell said the team's entire coaching staff is vaccinated.

There are a few assistants still wearing masks at OTAs until their 14-day window post-shot is over, but none will be limited in their interaction with players heading into training camp. All will also be allowed full access to the team's facilities. It will undoubtedly make camp easier as Detroit commences its full-on rebuild.

SOURCE: Kyle Meinke on Twitter
                Jun 10, 2021, 10:04 AM

Comment

• How is everyone doing? It's been like two months vaccinated here and so far I have not noticed any zombie impulses, nor have I turned magnetic. Maybe my doses were expired?

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    How is everyone doing? It's been like two months vaccinated here and so far I have not noticed any zombie impulses, nor have I turned magnetic. Maybe my doses were expired?
                    I'm fine as well, Deborah, but I'm mad at the killing in Georgia the other day just because someone didn't want to wear a mask (just like the killing in Flint last year. No word on that earlier case, by the way. )

Can't people act with some kind of sense and not go Yosemite Sam on people?
                    "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                    My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                      How is everyone doing? It's been like two months vaccinated here and so far I have not noticed any zombie impulses, nor have I turned magnetic. Maybe my doses were expired?
                      I'm good too. I'm a little disappointed. I was looking forward to being able to use 5G (from the antennae that was supposed to grow on my head) to speak with our leaders on where to catch the Besos spaceship.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

I'm fine as well, Deborah, but I'm mad at the killing in Georgia the other day just because someone didn't want to wear a mask (just like the killing in Flint last year. No word on that earlier case, by the way. )

Can't people act with some kind of sense and not go Yosemite Sam on people?
                        Ugh, I'm with you. Senseless.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Report: More than half of NFL players are vaccinated, but four teams lag behind

Posted by Charean Williams on June 15, 2021, 5:52 PM EDT

Getty Images

The NFL’s 32 teams have done their best to educate players about the benefits of the COVID-19 vaccine. The league isn’t requiring vaccines for players but is encouraging them by relaxing its COVID-19 protocols for players who are vaccinated and for teams with 85 percent of all players vaccinated.

That still isn’t incentive enough for some players, though.

Mark Maske of The Washington Post reports that more than half of the league’s players have received at least one dose of the vaccine for COVID-19.

Sixteen teams have more than 50 of 90 players on their rosters vaccinated, including three teams with 70 or more players vaccinated. Maske, though, reports the Colts, Jaguars, Cardinals and Chargers are lagging behind in their vaccination rates.

The league and NFLPA have not released vaccination rates.

The fact that most teams are struggling to get to 85 percent compliance could result in some unvaccinated players low on the depth chart — and thus unlikely to make the final roster — to lose their jobs before training camp. Teams close to the threshold could decide to take fewer than 90 players to camp, shedding unvaccinated players to reach the magic percentage and thus have relaxed protocols.

(Teams are not allowed to cut players based on vaccination status. But let’s be honest, if a team is deciding whether to keep player A or player B, and player A is vaccinated and player B isn’t, the vaccination status likely will serve as the deciding factor. Players on the bubble or below the bubble should get vaccinated to have any chance at all of making a roster.)

The NFL has all but required coaches and staff members to be vaccinated, mandating they do so to maintain Tier 1 protocol status that enables them to work in proximity to players. Media is expected to face a COVID-19 vaccination requirement to enter team facilities or NFL stadiums.

“Last season was certainly not normal,” Zachary Binney, an epidemiologist at Oxford College of Emory University, told Maske. “You didn’t have any games canceled. But you had games postponed. You had players being held out of games. All of those disruptions would be greatly reduced if you could get a large number of players vaccinated. I am certain the NFL knows this and is doing what it can to drive up vaccination rates. If no one got vaccinated, they could do what they did last year and have a season. But that was a pain.”

Comment

• Everything good here, but I keep getting this impulse that Bill Gates is hitting on me.

Comment

• Good here too and it is nice to see the numbers coming down but I would like to see a comparison to a year ago.
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Fully vaccinated media will have in-person interview access at training camps

Posted by Josh Alper on June 16, 2021, 2:55 PM EDT

Getty Images

One of the many changes put in place for the 2020 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic was the elimination of in-person media access to players, coaches and other team personnel, but that is changing for the 2021 season.

A memo sent to teams from the NFL and shared by Tom Pelissero of NFL Media says that there will be in-person interviews and press conferences at training camp and in the preseason this year. That access will only be extended to members of the media who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

Those individuals will be the only ones granted access to team facilities, press boxes, fields, sidelines, locker rooms, and postgame interview rooms. Kevin Seifert of ESPN.com notes that post-game locker room access will be limited to team media and NFL Films, however. The memo notes that masks must still be worn by media members at team facilities and that distancing protocols will continue to remain in place.

A recent report indicated that locker rooms would remain closed this season, but Wednesday’s memo points generally in a direction that takes the league back toward the pre-pandemic ways of doing business. Full capacity stadiums and fans at training camps are two other steps back toward normalcy after a very abnormal 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X