Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
    When you really think about it, we're being asked to trust the scientists, the medical professionals, the pharmaceuticals and the government. The only one I trust is the scientists. I have personally seen a lack of professionalism with the others.
    Hell, even scientists aren't inherently more trustworthy. It was a scientific expert with an axe to grind that lit the flame of the anti-vaccer movement to begin with.

My clue is once scientists reach an overwhelming consensus. One, two, or even twenty voices can be full of shit (especially once money starts flying around). But when you have 80-90+% of experts in their field having a least a general agreement on something (even if they still quibble over the details), then you can feel confident that what they're saying is at least in good faith. It could still be wrong, because science is like that sometimes, but it's not the work of someone trying to manipulate opinion.

Comment

• I know too many people who have died from COVID. I've signed up for the vaccine but have not yet received the email. My wife's unit at the hospital has been slammed for the last two months.

Comment

• For us personally, (my family) .... after a year and two months of covid & lockdowns, we still do not know a single person who has succumbed to the virus. Know a lot who've tested positive for Covid, but only one woman (who is a friend of my wife) required hospitalised.

It really must be brutal over the pond if you know "MANY" who've actually died. Wow. That is scary.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• It's weird because you only hear about it through a friend of a friend. My daughter's best friend's mom passed away from it and she was 6 or 7 years younger than me. We went on road trips together for dance competitions. No funeral or anything.

My wife's cousin is the same age as me and he was in real good shape and he has it bad right now laid up in a hospital.

Comment

• I also don't personally know anyone who has died from covid, but do know 2 people, including a good friend, who has passed away within a couple days of getting the jab. Both were in relatively good health although one was in her 80's. My friend was 65.

I have talked with both family members and while they have been told no links to the shot, they aren't buying it.

I don't know. People pass away all the time suddenly.

I talked to my friend the day he got his second shot and he told me he was feeling good except for being tired.

I'm bummed...Great guy who was raising an 8 year old son on his own.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
              ......but do know 2 people, including a good friend, who has passed away within a couple days of getting the jab......
              FKN EH????? Seriously?

Jaysus H, now that is flippin' scarier. Holy shit.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                I know too many people who have died from COVID. I've signed up for the vaccine but have not yet received the email. My wife's unit at the hospital has been slammed for the last two months.
                If you're close enough, you can get it from Hurley Hospital M-F from 7 am - 4:30 pm. No appointment is needed.

I have already had both shots because they prioritized (back in early March) the spouses of the medical professionals. That is why it surprises me that they didn't do the same at your wife's hospital.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I lost a friend of almost 50 years just last week from COVID. I have lost double digit people so far. My nephew is hospitalized right now from it. My wife made him go after complaining he couldn't breathe. He would probably be dead right now if he hadn't went when she made him.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• What I can't reconcile is how some people seem to be more afraid of the vaccine, but not the virus. And the feeling transcends color, religion and political affiliation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                      What I can't reconcile is how some people seem to be more afraid of the vaccine, but not the virus. And the feeling transcends color, religion and political affiliation.
                      It's true. We have seen the same thing with friends and family and I don't understand it. My husband's 89-year-old grandmother has been alone in her house for a year -- we've all been anticipating her getting the vaccine. She was finally eligible and now she says she doesn't want it. :(

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• I thought I knew my countrymen.... some 5 years ago. American Exceptionalism and all that.

I gave them way too much credit. It's daily wtf moments now. Fuckin fuck cuntists!
                        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                          I also don't personally know anyone who has died from covid, but do know 2 people, including a good friend, who has passed away within a couple days of getting the jab. Both were in relatively good health although one was in her 80's. My friend was 65.
                          Do you know which vaccine.?
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Probably the Clorox-Hydroxy-cine.
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                              It's true. We have seen the same thing with friends and family and I don't understand it. My husband's 89-year-old grandmother has been alone in her house for a year -- we've all been anticipating her getting the vaccine. She was finally eligible and now she says she doesn't want it. :(
                              Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                              I thought I knew my countrymen.... some 5 years ago. American Exceptionalism and all that.

I gave them way too much credit. It's daily wtf moments now.
                              Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                              What I can't reconcile is how some people seem to be more afraid of the vaccine, but not the virus. And the feeling transcends color, religion and political affiliation.
                              Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                              I lost a friend of almost 50 years just last week from COVID. I have lost double digit people so far. My nephew is hospitalized right now from it. My wife made him go after complaining he couldn't breathe. He would probably be dead right now if he hadn't went when she made him.
                              My wife's boss lost 9 family members to Covid. Not just people he knew 9 family members. That's impossible for me to wrap my head around. In the Bible it mentions times where God confused people to the point they offed each other or where he hardened Pharaoh's heart against the Israelis leading to his demise. This has that feeling to me like we've strayed to far from God and now his hand is against us. Good friends and even good Christian friends are still poo-pooing this as a hoax and anti mask and anti Vax. It is shaking my faith.
                              Last edited by edindetroit; April 14, 2021, 02:32 PM.
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Do you know which vaccine.?
                                No, I only know it was one of the 2 jab versions. Last I talked to him was two days after the second shot and he was fine. I really don't think either cases have anything to do with the vax- I was just passing on the families first reactions. We all know first reactions to sudden deaths sometimes family look for something/someone to blame.

If they are pausing the J&J after a few blood clots, I would expect if people were falling over dead from the others we would have known about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X