NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    The Broncos won’t have the same fate as LAR. I’m sorry but Denver will regret this one
    Yup...they're not as far along as they think they are

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
      Good luck going against Mahomes, Herbert, Allen, Burrow and Lamar in the AFC.
      Out of the NFC

He was worse % wise on the Lions then Erin.

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Can't wait to see what the Broncos gave up for him!
      2 1s
      2 2s
      ​​​​​​​a 4th and a fifth I believe
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Seahawks return for Russell Wilson includes pair of first-round picks, Drew Lock, Noah Fant

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 8, 2022, 2:26 PM EST

Getty Images

The Seahawks agreed to trade nine-time Pro Bowler Russell Wilson to the Broncos on Tuesday.

Seattle is receiving plenty in return for the star quarterback.
        by Taboola

PFT has confirmed via a league source that Denver will send a pair of first-round picks, a pair of second-round picks, and three players to Seattle as part of the deal. Multiple reports indicate that the Broncos will also send a fourth-round pick to the Seahawks and Seattle will send Denver a fifth-round pick.

The three players heading from the Broncos to the Seahawks are quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, and defensive lineman Shelby Harris.

Lock could be a bridge quarterback for the Seahawks, or they could use all the picks they’ve received to target a veteran. A second-round pick in 2019, Lock compiled an 8-13 record in 21 starts for the Broncos. He was 0-3 in 2021, completing 60.4 of his passes in six appearances for 787 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions.

The 20th overall pick of the 2019 draft, Fant has flashed his potential throughout his three seasons. In 2021, he caught 68 passes for 670 yards with four touchdowns in 16 games.

Harris has been with the Broncos since 2017, appearing in 75 games for the club with 49 starts. In 16 games last year, he recorded 6.0 sacks with seven tackles for loss and a forced fumble.
        Last edited by Futureshock; March 8, 2022, 03:24 PM.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• THIS

Is what we should do in 2024. By then Goff will have made himself resignable or we'll be pulling out the tiki torches. But by then we should have a team loaded with young talent.

Comment

• Are there details on which 1st and 2nd RD picks the Broncos gave up? I haven’t seen that yet.
            Assuming the 9th overall pick is included in the deal.

There are a few nice pieces on the Broncos. Good WRs, OLine, RBs, and secondary.

It’s still an incredibly tough path. AFC West is the new NFC West. Russell Wilson gives the Broncos the best chance given the other available options. There’s not much out there at QB.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• This helps us because I believe in D. Locke more then any of the fine young QBs in this draft. IDK if the SEA bras are all in on Locke. But at the least it may spur another team to try and jump them if they've convinced themselves of one.

Comment

• Packers officially use franchise tag on Davante Adams

Posted by Charean Williams on March 8, 2022, 3:22 PM EST

Getty Images

Aaron Rodgers isn’t going anywhere, and neither is Davante Adams.

The Packers made official what was reported earlier in the day, submitting the franchise tag for the receiver. It’s a good news kind of day for Packers fans, with Rodgers confirming his return for 2022.

Rodgers is getting a new contract.

Adams will play 2022 for $18.419 million if he plays on the tag. The sides have until July 15 to work out a long-term deal.

He becomes the eighth player to receive the tag, joining Tampa Bay receiver Chris Godwin, Kansas City left tackle Orlando Brown Jr., Cincinnati safety Jessie Bates III, Dallas tight end Dalton Schultz, Cleveland tight end David Njoku, Miami tight end Mike Gesicki and Jacksonville offensive lineman Cam Robinson.

Adams has earned first-team All-Pro honors each of the past two seasons. In 16 games last year, he caught 123 passes for 1,553 yards with 11 touchdowns. In 2020, he led the league with 18 touchdown receptions.

In 116 career games, Adams has 669 catches for 8,121 yards with 73 touchdowns.

Comment

• With no deal in place, Bucs will tag Chris Godwin again

Posted by Josh Alper on March 8, 2022, 3:21 PM EST

Getty Images

The Buccaneers and wide receiver Chris Godwin kept the door open for a long-term deal heading into Tuesday afternoon’s deadline to use the franchise tag, but they weren’t able to get talks to the finish line.

With no deal in place, multiple reports confirm that the Bucs will place the franchise tag on Godwin for the second straight season. He’ll make $19.18 million if he plays out the year under the terms of the tag.

The two sides can continue to talk about a new deal until July 15. If they fail to reach an agreement by then, Godwin will be on track for free agency in 2023 as a third straight tag would be prohibitively expensive.

With the tag in place for Godwin, cornerback Carlton Davis, center Ryan Jensen, edge rusher Jason Pierre-Paul, defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, running back Leonard Fournette, and tight end Rob Gronkowski are the most prominent free agents in Tampa.

Comment

• I am interested to see if a fresh start helps Locke. He showed flashes but also looked completely lost at times

Comment

• Sending him out of the Conference was probably a factor

Commanders offered high picks in next three drafts for Russell Wilson

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 8, 2022, 3:10 PM EST

Getty Images

Late last week, a report emerged that the Commanders had engaged the Seahawks about trading for Russell Wilson with a “strong offer.”

Ultimately, we now know that offer wasn’t enough to entice Wilson to come play for Washington.

According to multiple reports, the Commanders offered high picks in the 2022, 2023, and 2024 drafts for Wilson. But those same reports also note Washington got the indication that Seattle preferred to deal Wilson out of the NFC.

However, the no-trade clause in Wilson’s contract means that the quarterback chose to go to Denver over any other destination. No matter how strong Washington’s offer, Wilson had the right to veto it.

Wilson was asked in an appearance on the TODAY Show last week if he’d be interested in playing for Washington and effectively said no.

“I love the East Coast, but I think the West Coast is better for me right now,” Wilson said.

Wilson won’t quite be on the coast any longer, but he’ll still be in the AFC West once the trade becomes official as soon as the start of the new league year next week.

The Seahawks received a pair of first-round picks, a pair of second-round picks, a fourth-round pick, quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, and defensive lineman Shelby Harris in exchange for Wilson and a fifth-round pick.

For Washington, the search for a franchise QB continues. Head coach Ron Rivera said last week that the Commanders were trying to “cover every base” in their search for a signal-caller. With Wilson now set to be a Bronco, Washington will have to focus its efforts elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                        Who's running the broncos right now?

Two 1st, Two 2nd, Fant, Lock, Shelby Harris (and denver will swap their 4th for sea 5th).

Dumb trade (for the Broncos)...essentially 3 1st rd picks with Fant. That's a Hershel Walker-esq haul.
                        Wow that is nuts.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Wilson looked like shit last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            Are there details on which 1st and 2nd RD picks the Broncos gave up? I haven’t seen that yet.
                            Assuming the 9th overall pick is included in the deal.
                            Certainly changes the dynamics of the draft.
                            Last edited by edindetroit; March 8, 2022, 07:25 PM.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Fant is a good player but they have Albert what’s his name waiting in the wings (though Wilson’s never been one to throw to the TE that much). Shelby Harris has been good but will be 31 by the time next season starts.

Comment

• Yeah Denver had to be like, "Is that all?"

Hales, how many 1st rounders have they blew on trying to replace horsehead?

BTW, THAT IS EXACTLY WHY YOU DON"T DRAFT A QB THIS YEAR. Drew Lock would, and is, better then all of those guys. Let's argue

Comment

Working...
                                X