Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The King View Post
    Hill was good yesterday. We’ve been getting some decent pitching from the SP depth in the minors. You are seeing the emphasis on SP in the draft come to fruition.

Any chance we see Madden this year? I think the dude is pretty much ready to go. He was an awesome pick.
    Doing something right with developing pitchers
    Skubsl 9th rounder
    Beau B. 27th rounder
    Hill 26th rounder
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      The draft is in a few weeks. It seems we’re focused on college hitters. I wonder if Kumar is an option. He’s pitched 5 games for an Indy league team and has touched 98. Kumar is another guy who doesn’t need a lot of seasoning.
      I really liked Kumar last year but that thing with the Mets was weird. I wonder what happened
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Statcast has him at .240 XBA. That’s 45 points more than where he is now. Expected slugging is .402. That’s 101 more points than where he is now. We’ll see. He’s been bad, no doubt. But he’s not the 1st guy to struggle as a rookie. You hope he starts to pick it up soon.

Comment

• Nobody really knows with the Kumar thing. It’s very weird. Both sides have been pretty quiet about it. Poor medicals seem to be the consensus, but dude is hitting 98 right now and damn near every guy has TJ, so idk what the big concern is.

Comment

• Worst case is Kumar is an elite closer with that filthy slider and high end fastball. He’s a fucking horse. 6’5” 250. He just feels like a Tigers pick to me. Another arm who is nearly ready to go.

Comment

• Caputo was complaining all last season about Tork having issues with MLB fastball velocity in the minors. He was saying beforehand that his stats were making this issue.

Comment

• Dumbest trade ever
                with eight strikeouts to lower his ERA to 2.00 in his return from Tommy John surgery. His ERA, opponent average and WHIP all rank second in the American League.

Comment

• I don't think he has the same career resurgence without the trade. So I don't think there was really a way for them to win the trade. Would have been nice though to have at least got something of value.

Comment

• Tigers beat the White Sox tonight. That gives the Tigers 6 wins in a row and are 7-2 against the division with 10 games remaining before the All Star break. With the Twins losing tonight, that puts Detroit only 9.5 games back of Minnesota.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                      I don't think he has the same career resurgence without the trade. So I don't think there was really a way for them to win the trade. Would have been nice though to have at least got something of value.
                      He was in the middle of that resurgence when he was traded. And then Avila traded him for pocket lint and used bubble gum. Maybe they couldn't have gotten equal value with any trade, but there was absolutely no chance of that happening with Al Avila pulling the trigger. Dude is an imbecile. Literally anyone on this forum could do a better job.

Al Aliva very possibly will go down as the worst general manager in MLB history.
                      Last edited by chemiclord; July 9, 2022, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Verlander was in the middle of a resurgence and didn't want to go. It was obviously a terrible trade at the time.

Its important to keep tabs on it because The King was gleefully talking about his TJ injury last year.

Comment

• Verlander was a 10/5 guy at the time. If he didn't want to go he doesn't say yes. Now, from all indications it was very tough for him to say yes, it literally came down to the last minute.

One of Avila's mistakes was not to give the contract JV was going for last offseason.

Erod was a fine pickup, especially at the price, but he is not an ace level starter. He is a good #2.

Comment

• He is not even on the fucking team, how much water are you willing to carry for the Tigers?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              He is not even on the fucking team, how much water are you willing to carry for the Tigers?
                              1) There was no way to foresee these personal issues going on now when they signed him then. If you knew that was going to happen, you should be playing the mega millions on Tuesday.

2) Yep I liked the Erod signing but paired with another guy atop the rotation. First that was JV and then wanted Rodon. I felt that while they needed Mize, Skubal and Manning to take that next step, it wasn't smart to count on it. Also thought the rotation depth was iffy. Pineda didn't move the needle for me.

3) Wanted Correa badly. Thought yeah he was going to cost a ton but this was a guy that could be a cornerstone player. Baez is a big improvement defensively but I questioned the bat. Way too streaky to be one of the main guys a lineup revolves around. Sure when hot he can carry a club but when he is ice cold...well you saw the first 2 months of the season.

4) Wanted Schwarber late in the offseason. Felt he would provide the Tigers with some badly needed lefty power in the lineup.He could play passable LF and 1b but most days he would DH. The days he wasn't DHing Miggy would.

Miggy has had a good season though the power is but an ember now. The fact he is othe best hitters offensively is a total indictment of the offense.

To me the Tigers should have been big game hunting in the offseason. They improved the ballclub but only enough to be a fringe contender. They were counting on Greene and Torkelson be prime time players from the get go. They were counting on mize, skubal and Manning to take the next step. And while some of that has happened to count on it this year is foolish because they are young players. Let them grow into their roles.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

He was in the middle of that resurgence when he was traded. And then Avila traded him for pocket lint and used bubble gum. Maybe they couldn't have gotten equal value with any trade, but there was absolutely no chance of that happening with Al Avila pulling the trigger. Dude is an imbecile. Literally anyone on this forum could do a better job.

Al Aliva very possibly will go down as the worst general manager in MLB history.
                                and iirc the Tigers paid a pretty good chunk of Verlanders salary too...To add insult to injury....

Comment

Working...
                                X