X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tigers did something.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• This seems to be a better hire than what the rumors were suggesting. Namely that Josh Bynes was the best of their candidates.

Comment

• Looks like a great hire to me.....Hey he cant do any worse than Al did.

Comment

• Yep, let's see how it goes. I'm glad it was a hire from outside. There wasn't a big name out there that they could theoretically get like there was with Dombrowski. I don't think Epstein was in play. He comes from a good organization hopefully he makes some positive change.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            This seems to be a better hire than what the rumors were suggesting. Namely that Josh Bynes was the best of their candidates.
            Matt Slater was one of those mentioned. He has been very involved with the Cards international scouting and development. Would be an interesting GM choice.
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Well, the Tigers have their GM.

Now, the Owner has to let the GM do what is necessary and not be cheap with the budget for this team.

Plus, this team needs to be a player in the International market, and find talented players.
              "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
              My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
                Well, the Tigers have their GM.

Now, the Owner has to let the GM do what is necessary and not be cheap with the budget for this team.

Plus, this team needs to be a player in the International market, and find talented players.
                They have a president of baseball ops....still might hire a GM.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

They have a president of baseball ops....still might hire a GM.
                  Gotcha.

However, my other points still stands.

I want this team to build correctly, and not just follow the latest fad when said fad is just about done.
                  "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

• It would be nice to see them get productive players in the international market. But that is a tall task for an organization that has been really bad at it. The franchises that are good at it, typically stay good at it and the laggards have a tough time catching up.

Comment

• Anyone looked to see who the Tigers have for expiring contracts this year? This team would be really tough trying to decide on who to keep.....So many of them are wildly inconsistent.

Comment

• The pitching side is ok. If they were to spend money, the biggest changeover would be the position players. On that side you have Baez, Greene, Torkelson are definitely back. Schoop is under contract for next year. Candelario is arbitration eligible. Cabrera is on the hook for 32 million next year if he doesn't retire. The rest are disposable. You could have a fairly dramatic makeover of the position players if the new guy is allowed to spend, there is nobody imminent on the farm that a new free agent signing would block. Scoring 3.30 runs per game is not going to cut it.

Comment

• If I were Miggy I’d mail it in for one more season. He’s a HoF, he deserves it.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• He is going to get the 32 million regardless, but he is in pain with that knee and it sounds like something that isn't going to get better.

Comment

• He won’t get it if he retires.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Says who? The Tigers are free to pay him. Unless you are the Lions you generally honor the contract of the injury has cut short the last season of a team legend.

Comment

Working...
                                X