Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    It's easier to scheme to defend outside receivers than it is for a guy like St. Brown. Brown runs fly motion all the time, he will run wheel routes. Sometimes he is on the outside. The point is you can't take the best corner on the outside and shade a safety over to him because he's in different spots all the time.

As far as Calvin and Barry. The offense was good with Barry all during the 90s and they always started guys who were career backups. The offense was good with CJ when they had a full complement of skill position players.
    Moore and Morton were career backups? Explain please.
    The only issue the Lions had were the QB's were career backups - every one of them....

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

The only issue the Lions had were the QB's were career backups - every one of them....
      The WRs were legit but the QBs weren’t. If we’d had a good QB they could have competed
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Imagine Pat Statsford with that team.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Relevant to this week’s discussion on this thread.
          As I’ve mentioned before, totally agree with bringing back Goff as the starter in 2023 if he continues to play at this level. Lions have the option to draft someone in 2023 or punt the decision until 2024 depending on what’s available.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I've been fairly vocal on Goff and wanting to see him replaced. I've said countless times that Goff is not worth a 30 mil cap hit. However if the closes out the season the same way he's been playing since the bye then he's clearly worth that money. Goff has outplayed my expectations and we'll see how the next 5 go. I hope he proves he can be consistent but I honestly don't know if he can. His play seems to be really really tied up in his confidence. When he got shook with the Rams his play declined and it took him seemingly until lately to get that confidence back. I hope he keeps it, and if it gets rattled I hope he regain that composure.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
              Imagine Pat Statsford with that team.
              Imagine Stafford with that team using the current rules. That offense might have averaged 40points a game.
              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

I was talking about the quarterbacks Eoyre. It took you awhile, but you figured it out by the end of your post.

Comment

• If you are in the Detroit Lions Fans group on Facebook someone just posted a video from Good Morning Football all about the Lions. They were really talking them up. I wish I knew how to bring it over here.

This might work.

Thanks for joining our Lions Group. Made for fans by fans and we are not officially associated with the Detroit Lions or NFL. Please make sure you do the following: 1. Select NOTIFICATIONS then...
                  Last edited by edindetroit; December 12, 2022, 01:42 PM.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• That FB group is a closed group so anyone who wants to access that link has to join the group first.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Here's some of it at least:

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                        That FB group is a closed group so anyone who wants to access that link has to join the group first.
                        Sorry, didn't think of that. And yet it still gets spammed.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                          Here's some of it at least:

This sure seems like the case
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The line opened at -1 Jets and has already moved to even

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post
                              I've been fairly vocal on Goff and wanting to see him replaced. I've said countless times that Goff is not worth a 30 mil cap hit. However if the closes out the season the same way he's been playing since the bye then he's clearly worth that money. Goff has outplayed my expectations and we'll see how the next 5 go. I hope he proves he can be consistent but I honestly don't know if he can. His play seems to be really really tied up in his confidence. When he got shook with the Rams his play declined and it took him seemingly until lately to get that confidence back. I hope he keeps it, and if it gets rattled I hope he regain that composure.
                              After Goff was traded, he looked like he was shellshocked and then he was a deer in the headlights for quite a few games and then he snapped out of it halfway through last season. He’s playing even better now.
                              3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                              10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• He not just got traded but also it took the California boy out of his cocoon.
                                Total shock to the system careers wise and life wise.
                                For even a guy in his mid to late twenties that can be a blow. Especially when it wasn’t done voluntarily.

Comment

Working...
                                X