No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube search “2018 NFL mock draft” and see how scary it is drafting a QB high in the draft. No sure things. It’s a risk. The Lions need to take the risk one day, but never force it.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Great point about not feeling the need to score 30, it's the same with the coach as well. You can take points when you think the defense can get a few stops. When you defense is a sieve, you cannot use the Tom Brady maxim. That maxim is any drive that ends in a kick (PAT, punt, FG) is a successful drive.

Comment

• If Goff didn't have a historically bad defense, 1-6 wouldn't have happened. Even with the pick-sixes. Obviously @NE and @DAL are still losses. But the losses to @MIN and vs SEA are absolutely not on him. Reverse those games and the Lions are 7-5.
        "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
        Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• I've said from pre-season that this team will be better as the season went on than at the beginning because of the quantity of injuries to so many guys early on.

So many people are oblivious to health as a factor. For instance, some people are saying Goff didn't play very well to start the season and now he's playing better. Uh, sure. Not coincidentally his WRs and skill players are healthy, or at least getting healthier. Same with the defense. The team started getting better when Paschal, Jerry Jacobs and others got healthy.

At one point, Mamba, Kennedy and the little guy were the WRs Goff had to throw to. That's a tough ticket for a NFL QB to make hey with.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I also thought originally that this season would be a referendum on Goff and Campbell. They were going to show out or play themselves out of town. It was sketchy at first, but things are looking a lot better.

As many here have said, the best thing for the team is for Goff to play well and be good/great. Every other option comes with caution.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I’d still like to know what in the holy hell happened against NE. Goff was bad with the ball but they still moved it quite a bit. That was one of the worst games I’ve seen in years
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wasn’t that the stretch with no sun good or swift.
                This offense seems to run through St. Brown

Comment

• They didn't have a kicker and went 0-6 on 4th downs. Everyone thinks best case scenario when going to it on 4th down, but every once in a while the worst case scenario hits you.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    They didn't have a kicker and went 0-6 on 4th downs. Everyone thinks best case scenario when going to it on 4th down, but every once in a while the worst case scenario hits you.
                    Their defense was horrid too. They were in desperation mode because they couldn't stop anybody

Goff had a bit of a rough stretch, but as wcrwtf said, the offense was banged up so that played into it too.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Nah They gots dem some dang gone stinkin geniuses over there Rocket scienses an all dat

Comment

• Keep it up JG!

Jared Goff: I feel I’m playing the best football of my career

Posted by Josh Alper on December 8, 2022, 6:41 AM EST

Getty Images

After the Lions blew out the Jaguars last Sunday, quarterback Jared Goff said that the team has been “playing good football” during a recent stretch that has lifted them into the fringes of the playoff race in the NFC.

On Wednesday, Goff moved from an assessment of the group to an assessment of his individual play. That assessment was even more positive.

Goff said that he believes he is better than he did in his first season with Detroit and even better than he did when the Rams went to the Super Bowl after the 2018 season.

“I feel like I am playing the best football of my career right now. . . . I’ve played a lot of good football in my career, but I feel as comfortable as I’ve ever felt,” Goff said, via Eric Woodyard of ESPN.com. “I’m getting older, I’m understanding the game more and it’s just everything coming together a little bit.”

When the Rams traded Goff to the Lions as part of the package for Matthew Stafford, it was assumed that he’d be a stopgap until the team used a high pick on another quarterback. They chose to address other spots and could do so again this offseason with a high first-round pick coming from the Rams and Goff playing well enough to make the case for an extended run as the leader of the Detroit offense.

Comment

• 319023138_10160189057598605_5707626581374630538_n.jpg
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Dan Campbell: I’ll regret not going for it on fourth down against the Vikings until I die

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 8, 2022, 9:59 AM EST

Getty Images

Lions coach Dan Campbell ignored the analytics and attempted a field goal late in Detroit’s Week Three loss at Minnesota, and he still regrets it.

In fact, he’ll always regret it.

The Lions were leading 24-21 with 1:14 left in the game when Campbell decided to try a field goal on fourth-and-4. Going for it and getting it would have sealed the win. Instead the Lions missed a 54-yard field goal, the Vikings took over in great field position, and Minnesota drove for a game-winning touchdown. As he prepares to face the Vikings again on Sunday, Campbell said this week that he’s still kicking himself for kicking on fourth down.

“Look, it burns me,” Campbell said. “Of course it burns me. That’ll be there until the day I die. That’s not going to go away.”

Campbell said it’s part of his personality that past failures eat at him, and it’s not going to stop. Beating the Vikings on Sunday, however, might make Campbell feel a bit better.

Comment

• I'm just shocked that Sun God keeps getting open, over and over and over. He's such a complete WR in terms of blocking, route running, RAC, and making WR screens productive.

My fear is exactly that the "offense runs through him". If a defense schemes to take him away, will Goff and the Lion's offense be able to respond?

Comment

• That's what Jameson is for. You scheme to take Ra away, you're putting CB on an island against his speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X