Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
    That's what Jameson is for. You scheme to take Ra away, you're putting CB on an island against his speed.
    Also, Johnson has done a wonderful job of scheming him open. On some plays, the least guy to be open is St Brown. If the defense tries to load up on him, someone else would be wide open further down the field.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• It's very hard to take out receivers that runs the underneath stuff that St. Brown does. He runs a lot of different routes at different parts of the field.

Comment

• Interesting that the Lions are considering using Jameson as a gunner on punt teams......To me, the risk is too high and the reward too low.

Comment

That's what Jameson is for. You scheme to take Ra away, you're putting CB on an island against his speed.
          Yeah, that's the theory. Couple things that make me concerned that the theory won't turn in to reality ...
          1. We've been told this theory for years. First, it was Barry, then it was CJ who defenses would scheme to stop and, typically, the Lions would have no answers.
          2. It would be nice if the outlet wasn't an unproven rookie coming off a serious injury and missed all of training camp and the first 12 weeks of the season.

I just know eventually some team is going to commit to shutting down the Sun God. If the Lions offense could leverage the weaknesses that scheme opens and not miss a beat, it would be a clear sign that this team is NOT the SOL.

Comment

• Honestly though, teams have to commit to stopping the run. Mostly with flooding the box. They have guys going all over the place on passes too. On a lot, they have receivers crossing ahead of him and St. Brown goes underneath them.

ALSO, dude has really, really good feet. I thought Tate was good, but St. Brown stops on a dime in his change of direction. Very Kupp-like.

The Lions give teams a lot to deal with. Very hard to stop when they are healthy.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post

Yeah, that's the theory. Couple things that make me concerned that the theory won't turn in to reality ...
              1. We've been told this theory for years. First, it was Barry, then it was CJ who defenses would scheme to stop and, typically, the Lions would have no answers.
              2. It would be nice if the outlet wasn't an unproven rookie coming off a serious injury and missed all of training camp and the first 12 weeks of the season.

I just know eventually some team is going to commit to shutting down the Sun God. If the Lions offense could leverage the weaknesses that scheme opens and not miss a beat, it would be a clear sign that this team is NOT the SOL.
              Yeah, if players aren't good, then no strategy is going to work. We can wallow in that mire all day as Lions fans. Jameson is not a play for this year, he's a play for the long term. Maybe he works out maybe he doesn't. But the approach is sound with deep speed and a player that can wreak havoc underneath.

And as Future points out, being able to run the ball makes a world of difference. You can't drop 7-8 guys into coverage if the Lions can line-up and shove it down your throught.

Comment

• It all comes down to the O line. If the D can't get to Goff without blitzing, Goff will have time to find somebody that is open. If the D has to blitz, Goff is at the point in his career that he sees it and takes advantage of it.

The O line is the key, though.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Amen to that.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                    Honestly though, teams have to commit to stopping the run. Mostly with flooding the box. They have guys going all over the place on passes too. On a lot, they have receivers crossing ahead of him and St. Brown goes underneath them.

ALSO, dude has really, really good feet. I thought Tate was good, but St. Brown stops on a dime in his change of direction. Very Kupp-like.

The Lions give teams a lot to deal with. Very hard to stop when they are healthy.
                    Golden Tate was so underrated. He was such a slick football player.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It's easier to scheme to defend outside receivers than it is for a guy like St. Brown. Brown runs fly motion all the time, he will run wheel routes. Sometimes he is on the outside. The point is you can't take the best corner on the outside and shade a safety over to him because he's in different spots all the time.

As far as Calvin and Barry. The offense was good with Barry all during the 90s and they always started guys who were career backups. The offense was good with CJ when they had a full complement of skill position players.

Comment

• FB_IMG_1670551481747.jpg
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Lol, Wilson in the phone is a nice touch.
                          "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                          Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• NFL: SEP 25 Lions at Vikings Lions safety Tracy Walker out of walking boot, provides injury update

By Jeremy Reisman

Comment

• Dan Campbell on Lions being favored over Vikings: I’m shocked by that

Posted by Myles Simmons on December 9, 2022, 12:35 PM EST

Getty Images

The folks in Vegas like the Lions this week.

Detroit is generally favored by 1.5 points in Sunday’s matchup against division rival Minnesota. It’s apparently the first time in the Super Bowl era that a 10-2 team has been an underdog to a 5-7 team.

The Lions have been playing better as of late, winning four of their last five after starting 1-6. But to be favored over the current No. 2 seed in the conference?

“I really don’t even know how to respond to that. I’m shocked by that,” Lions head coach Dan Campbell said in his Friday press conference. “But, there again, all those things don’t matter. Point spread, who’s favored — this team finds ways to win. And if we’re not ready to go and we don’t handle our business…

“It’s going to take every one of us — coaches and players — to win this game. You know? That’s what I do know. Because they’ve got plenty over there. And again, a team that finds ways to win, those are dangerous teams.”

The Vikings beat the Lions 28-24 in Week Three, in part due to a call that Campbell said this week he’ll regret until he dies. But Campbell doesn’t necessarily see being favored over the Vikings this week as a sign of respect.

“No, it’s the same people that [said] we were trash when we were 1-6. So, it’s irrelevant,” Campbell said. “And if we don’t win this game, then it’s back to, ‘Well, we’re not what we were,’ and ‘It’s a fluke,’ and blah, blah, blah. So, it’s all about, man, the next game — right in front of us. That’s all we can worry about.”

We’ll see if the Lions can prove the oddsmakers right on Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X