No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dam. I sounded like Hamp-Ford... I am retracting all statements made prior...
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
      Detroit Lions Training Camp In rare media session, Sheila Hamp shares frustration, faith in leadership

Lions owner Sheila Hamp met with reporter briefly to discuss the team’s 1-5 start and her believe in leadership.

By Jeremy Reisman
      Why the image of Iggy Pop?
      Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• It seems pretty clear to me that Holmes (at least) was very straightforward from the start that the first two years records weren't going to be anything to write home about. So she no doubt doesn't see anything particularly off-schedule about anything we've seen.

Whether or not that's because we're seeing things at ground level for concern that she isn't is the big question.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          The timeline for the Lions is always different than every other team in the league. More patience!
          Well, the alternative is no patience and you still don't affect the performance of the team. Not having patience only harms yourself.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• They had patience with Marinelli and Patricia and it dug them even bigger holes. If you have a good setup you should see results right away. It doesn't have to be playoffs, but it has to be more than what you have seen so far with this crew. The last two games have been total fucking clown shows.

Comment

• We don't exactly like her answer. But, she's better then her parents and their GMs. None of them answered anything during the season. Least not 1/3rd into the season. It's a small thing but it is progress. Baby steps, it is then.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                They had patience with Marinelli and Patricia and it dug them even bigger holes. If you have a good setup you should see results right away. It doesn't have to be playoffs, but it has to be more than what you have seen so far with this crew. The last two games have been total fucking clown shows.
                The last game wasn't a total clown show.

Comment

• Yeah it was, they got embarrassed. They turtled at the end of the 1st half with three timeouts, the second half was a total, unequivocated disaster. Clownshows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                    We don't exactly like her answer. But, she's better then her parents and their GMs. None of them answered anything during the season. Least not 1/3rd into the season. It's a small thing but it is progress. Baby steps, it is then.
                    SHe is more open with the fans...I dont know if she is better....The record is still awful.....This regime has been more open with the fans with shows like Hard Knocks and Inside the Den giving fans an inside look at the goings on of the draft and other info we didnt used to see....Sometimes we get info though that makes us lose trust in the staff....Learning things like Brad Holmes wanted to trade up and select Levi O, or that drafting injured players doesn't bother him puts added pressure when there is failure.

Comment

• So because they weren't more aggressive at the end of the first half, they played a bad half there?

When I think a total clown show, I think of 3-4 quarters of bad play with calamities forthwith.

They have 3 real weaponz on offense and all three were hurt for 3 quarters of that game. IDK what you expect. I crucify DC as much or more then anyone and even I understand. Because as soon as Dallas marched down for that first TD the clock was against them. They (even with St. Brown and Swift) don't have the offense or QB (like MS) to quickly march it down field. Most times they're methodically making their way down.

And (as you've stated) they had a shot until J Williams fumbled on the goal line. That was late 3rd right? So how does that account for a "Total Clown Show?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

SHe is more open with the fans...I dont know if she is better....The record is still awful.....This regime has been more open with the fans with shows like Hard Knocks and Inside the Den giving fans an inside look at the goings on of the draft and other info we didnt used to see....Sometimes we get info though that makes us lose trust in the staff....Learning things like Brad Holmes wanted to trade up and select Levi O, or that drafting injured players doesn't bother him puts added pressure when there is failure.
                        True. And I agree, it is a results oriented business. Win or lose. Pass or fail.

But they decided to go full bore youth. Like no other team has ever done. Including expansion teams that got to pick veteran players from every other team before starting. We got none of that and the ones they did pick have stunk. That's on Holmes primarily, but I am sure DC has a part in signing Anzalone and playing him over more skilled younger players. Brockers just stinks and has no path to be on this team next year.

They also decided to go full bore youth in the organization. Save a couple of guys that help Holmes, top to bottom are coach/management young. Sheila signed us up for that and that is what we have. Blind leading the blind. We have to suffer through each ones mistakes.

I will accept this IF (big if) they are learning and not repeating those mistakes. A big part of SOL is this organization not having any residual memory. Every GM. Every new Coach. Every new Staff. Every new Team. Every f***ing one of them have to learn the same f***ing mistakes the prior GM, Coach, Staff and/or Team had to. No one to say, "we went through that years ago, let's assign someone to make sure we have 11 player, and only 11 players on the field." Just an example but it is why you see the same crap and you say SOL. It never gets fixed. So this crew has a path to be better and I am not ready to trust them hiring someone worse. Because that too is the cycle. DC showed this last game that he could use his kicker. They showed they could force the opposition to punt. IF, they don't give up the fake INT and IF J Williams does pick the worse time ever to fumble, it is a totally different game and who knows?

But there's 11 games left to sway it either way. The next 6 games will probably net at least 2 losses if not 3. If he is less then 50% he will be under the hot seat. He'd have to end the season, AND begin next season on a hot streak.

Comment

• When you are as bad as they were in the 4th quarter, it is a total clown show

Comment

• Seattle Seahawks vs Detroit Lions Injury report: T.J. Hockenson, Josh Reynolds return Thursday

By Erik Schlitt

Comment

• jumping episode 11 GIF
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Our coach just rambles on about a bunch of bullshit. He’s shown nothing to prove he knows what he’s doing in terms of actually coaching. It’s all rah, rah, rah, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Working...
                                X