Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Lions v Minnesota Vikings

Detroit Lions now FAVORED over the 10-2 Minnesota Vikings

Despite Minnesota opening as a slight favorite, the betting lines have now shifted to the Detroit Lions.

By Jeremy Reisman
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• As always, good stuff from Meinke. Two notable things:

- Hutch has played a shit ton of snaps - 3rd most of any DL in the league. Have to see if he starts wearing down.

- Meinke gives it 60/40 odds the Lions do draft a QB this year as a long term solution vs not.

Comment

• 60/40 odds? I love made up guesses. They have no idea who will even be there
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
          As always, good stuff from Meinke. Two notable things:

- Hutch has played a shit ton of snaps - 3rd most of any DL in the league. Have to see if he starts wearing down.

- Meinke gives it 60/40 odds the Lions do draft a QB this year as a long term solution vs not.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2022/12/...-workload.html
          Meinke guess is as good as yours and mine.

And my guess is that the only thing that is a 60/40 (and there isn't) is Goff has played incredibly well 60% of the time and only mediocre the other 40%.

Comment

• I do like Meinke though. He and Rogers had a good thing together at mlive. They were a good pair
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              I do like Meinke though.
              I've always been partial to Midas.

200px-2008-10-05_Midas_Auto_Service_Experts_in_Durham.jpg
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Meinke was answering a mail question - and if you actually read the response, he said he was throwing a dart at the board but that his take was basically that yeah, they like Goff and he’s played well, but thinks they will still want to find a guy to make those extra plays that take the QB to the next level and make them a contender year in and year out.

Comment

• At the end of the day, the Lions public answer as to whether they are actively considering a QB to replace Goff is going to be the same regardless of if they are or not. They aren't going to throw Goff under the bus like that, especially when they still have an outside chance at a playoff spot.

I am leaning pretty heavily towards "not," however. Holmes has gone to bat for Goff twice now in his career. Unless Goff severely shits the bed down the stretch, you're not going to see a QB selected by the Lions until the fourth round at earliest.

Comment

• And the bottom line is, if he keeps playing as he has been playing, there is no reason to replace him.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Goff has changed my mind. I say we use draft capital to improve the team instead of not improving the defense -and- getting a QB that might not even be an improvement.

Draft maybe a 2nd round QB to light a fire under Goff's ass. Best use of that pick instead of taking a guy that can't get out of the hot tub.
                      "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                      Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• I've said it since they traded for Goff, it's very likely none of the quarterbacks drafted in the last two seasons drafts will have the career Goff has had.

This is one of the best Lion offenses I have seen, Goff has a ton to do with that. The offensive line probably has just as much to do with it. This last week was something to behold, Goff had àll day to go through his progressions, if there was nothing downfield he found his wide open safety valve or he scrambled outside to throw it away. That was a confident offense toying with the Jags. We have never seen that unless it is the opponent competing against the CDD.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          I've said it since they traded for Goff, it's very likely none of the quarterbacks drafted in the last two seasons drafts will have the career Goff has had.

This is one of the best Lion offenses I have seen, Goff has a ton to do with that. The offensive line probably has just as much to do with it. This last week was something to behold, Goff had àll day to go through his progressions, if there was nothing downfield he found his wide open safety valve or he scrambled outside to throw it away. That was a confident offense toying with the Jags. We have never seen that unless it is the opponent competing against the CDD.
                          Man, that Vitamin W will change a man.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            I've said it since they traded for Goff, it's very likely none of the quarterbacks drafted in the last two seasons drafts will have the career Goff has had.

31 first downs on 8 possessions. Completely non-reliant on big plays. Just pushing the ball down the field with great consistency. It's the complete opposite of that '98 VIkings team that got shut down at the end of the conference championship.
                            "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                            Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

31 first downs on 8 possessions. Completely non-reliant on big plays. Just pushing the ball down the field with great consistency. It's the complete opposite of that '98 VIkings team that got shut down at the end of the conference championship.
                              The time of possession was a big factor in the game....It keeps the defense fresh and wears down the opponents defense

Comment

• About the only thing I really wish about Goff's game was better was his mobility. At the very least to extend plays on the occasions that they break down. He is a pretty slow dude, and he doesn't quite have those pocket instincts that you need to have if you don't have legs. The fortunate thing is that the latter is something that tends to come with experience, and he's showing signs of improvement on that score. He's not doing that "spin into a defender's waiting arms like a maiden in a romance novel" much this year, for example.

He's got plenty of arm, he's got plenty of accuracy, his awareness has taken massive strides, his decision making has as well... he has all the tools, and they're starting to come together. No, he's never going to be throwing side arm passes while horizontal with the ground like Mahomes. No, he's not going to break two lineman's ankles then dash for 50 yards like Lamar Jackson. No, he's not going to flick his wrist and throw 70 yards downfield like Stafford did. He's never going to wow spectators with transcendent physical ability.

Fortunately, he doesn't need to. He's got just enough of everything he needs.
                                Last edited by chemiclord; December 7, 2022, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X