Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
    Also…looking at the way NO handled the cap last offseason, I’m not sure the salary cap is even a real thing. I’m about to go full Flat Earther on that subject.
    Hahaha! That’s hilarious
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• You keep Swift. Don't do an extension unless it is team friendly.

Draft a possible home run threat and see if Swift can stay healthy for the year. If he can't then you let him walk.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
        You keep Swift. Don't do an extension unless it is team friendly.

Draft a possible home run threat and see if Swift can stay healthy for the year. If he can't then you let him walk.
        Boom!
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Dan Campbell: Vikings game is big, why you get into coaching

Posted by Josh Alper on December 6, 2022, 7:28 AM EST

Getty Images

The Lions have won four of their last five game, which has moved them onto the fringes of the NFC playoff picture heading into the final weeks of the regular season.

A win over the Vikings in Week 14 would push them even closer to a seat at the postseason table and Lions head coach Dan Campbell isn’t doing anything to downplay the magnitude of the matchup with their divisional rivals.

“This is big,” Campbell said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “It’s big for our players, it’s big for us. Shoot, it’s a big game for them. But man, look, they’re all special, but this is one of those games, this is why you’re into coaching, this is why you’re into playing, this is why you love the game of football. It’s going to be awesome.”

The Lions had a 10-point lead in the fourth quarter of a Week Three game against the Vikings, but gave up two touchdowns in the final eight minutes to let the game get away from them. That’s one of many close wins for the Vikings this season and Campbell will be trying to find a way to make sure the Lions wind up on the right side of the final score this time.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Yeah, I expect them to draft a RB - maybe not early, but I wouldn’t rule it out. Get a dual threat guy with some explosiveness, and also as leverage/replacement for Swift and don’t feel compelled to give him a big second contract.

(Jahmyr Gibbs would look great in this offense but really need to use those early picks on defense).

Comment

• Some great Ra stats on The Athletic podcast:

- 20% of his 3rd down targets this year going for first downs - the 3rd best rate in the last decade (just behind 2 Tyreek Hill years)

- 2nd in the NFL in first downs per routes run (again behind Hill)

- Overall 7th in receiving EPA

- When Ra is on the field, Goff’s EPA per drop back is 4th in league, and without its 21st.

Comment

• What I will say is I think you let Swift walk regardless of whether you find a home run RB in the draft next year. The dude is simply too unreliable to give a second contract to, and it's a bad idea to throw more money his way unless he's willing to sign for very cheap (which I simply don't see happening; someone is going to offer at least "good" money at him, even if they eventually regret it).

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  What I will say is I think you let Swift walk regardless of whether you find a home run RB in the draft next year. The dude is simply too unreliable to give a second contract to, and it's a bad idea to throw more money his way unless he's willing to sign for very cheap (which I simply don't see happening; someone is going to offer at least "good" money at him, even if they eventually regret it).
                  AND take the comp pick back from it too

Comment

• The decision on the off-season is Jamaal Williams I didn't think much of him but he has been good and I don't think it's easy to replace his role.

Comment

• NFL: Jacksonville Jaguars at Detroit Lions

Detroit Lions nominate Jared Goff for 2022 Walter Payton Man of the Year

By Jeremy Reisman

Comment

• Detroit Lions v Minnesota Vikings

Detroit Lions now FAVORED over the 10-2 Minnesota Vikings

By Jeremy Reisman

Comment

• For me it is the lack of penalties. We needed to see this team play more disciplined and they have. Shows how much it means to winning.

NFL: DEC 04 Jaguars at Lions

Open thread: What has been the most impressive part of the Lions’ turnaround?

By Jeremy Reisman

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                The decision on the off-season is Jamaal Williams I didn't think much of him but he has been good and I don't think it's easy to replace his role.
                                Absolutely! I knew from the get go he'd be one of the leaders in that locker if they'd start changing the "culture" and they have. What I didn't know is how f'ing productive he'd be. He had good spurts in GB but nothing like this.

He'll eclipse 1000 yards on the ground this season and he's already scored more rushing TD this year than his entire career combined. Gonz used to get pissed here when we spoke about how important Kyle Vanden Bosch was to the locker room but Williams fits into that criteria 10 fold because this team is believing. I hope they don't break the bank but I hope they do whatever they need to sign him.

He's very important. Draft the next good RB but make sure this guy is on the team to help mould him because I don't think Staley will be here long either. The guy is going to make a terrific head coach.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X