No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He has a 3 year contract with 2 voidable years, and an $8M sign on bonus. But all the money is guaranteed, so as soon as they cut bait with him, whatever is left will immediately hit the cap (or the next year depending upon the time of the cut).

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      I'm not sure what Futureshock has against TK. The dude has been good in his limited time, route running is important.
      I don't think it's necessarily anything against Kennedy, merely that if Williams is added to the roster, and they have to dump a wide receiver to do it, that odd man out is almost assuredly going to be Kennedy.

Comment

• Kennedy had a few nice timely catches but the trade off for Williams is a gigantic one. I can’t wait to see the kid in action. He was my favorite WR in the draft
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-...10%2C000%2C000.

What a weird contract. Or maybe it's normal i dunno
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Yep. That's one of the reasons why Chark is arguably Holmes's biggest FA blunder, and why many of us joke he would have been better off setting that 10 mil on fire.
            To be fair though - 10 million over 3 years is kind of good as far as bad signings go.

Comment

• He doesn't have a salary for years 2 and 3. They would have to sign him to another deal.

Comment

I don't think it's necessarily anything against Kennedy, merely that if Williams is added to the roster, and they have to dump a wide receiver to do it, that odd man out is almost assuredly going to be Kennedy.
                He is always taking potshots at TK.

Comment

He is always taking potshots at TK.
                  That might be true, but it's also true that if a WR is going to be the odd man out, it's going to be Kennedy. I still haven't heard who the Lions moved.

Comment

He doesn't have a salary for years 2 and 3. They would have to sign him to another deal.
                    Nearly sure it is dead cap in years 2 and 3. 5 mil next year and 3 the year after.

Comment

• Well yeah, if they want him next year they need to sign him to a new contract.

Comment

• Yeah it’s the sign on bonus that’s getting spread. There’s no salary beyond year 1, which is curious how you can have voidable years if there is actually no base salary in those years.

Comment

• The Lions are expected to officially sign wide receiver DJ Chark Wednesday or Thursday to a previously reported one-year contract worth $10 million.

Comment

• Point is, if they cut him to add Williams, all that signing bonus that is spread over three years has to be paid right now, which would require some additional cap massaging.

Comment

Point is, if they cut him to add Williams, all that signing bonus that is spread over three years has to be paid right now, which would require some additional cap massaging.
                              Any more then they are already dealing with? 20mill of dead cap seems normal at this point. That's only part of it

The answer is simple though. You put Chark on IR for a stubbed toe. Then hold on to him till national cut date (6/1?). So that you only have half the cap next year, and half the cap the year after (basically the contract as structured).
                              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Going forward we don't have the dead cap woes of the past unless Lions get stupid again.

I really, really don't understand it, but we have less than a million in dead cap in 2023. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/cap/2023/

Which Charks 5 million is showing as a salary but not as dead cap even though he wouldn't be on the team. Cap stuff is hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X