Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AKLionsfan View Post
    We’ve got some young exciting pieces on this team, Hutch, St Brown, Rodrigo, Joseph, Jacobs, and soon to come Jameson Williams. There’s light on the horizon.
    Sewell and Ragnow too. Maybe even Paschal.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
      I'm glad the Lions went with the roof. It SUCKS siting in the cold , rain, snow, freezing, trying to enjoy the game. I don't care what the lying Packer fans say about "loving" the open field with grass. I've went to several games in GB with the temp at or below freezing. Not fun at all. It's AWESOME going into a warm stadium after freezing while tailgating. The people who want an open field with grass have never gone to a game in the above conditions. If they have it's one, maybe two.
      Maybe they could have the type of field where they can roll the grass out an bring it in for games. I have no idea if there's room to roll it out. Probably not.​

Originally posted by AKLionsfan View Post
      We’ve got some young exciting pieces on this team, Hutch, St Brown, Rodrigo, Joseph, Jacobs, and soon to come Jameson Williams. There’s light on the horizon.
      No matter what our record is, we'll have 5 of the top 65ish players in the up-coming draft. Things are definitely looking up as long as the coaching staff doesn't mess it up and can help these guys mature and grow.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Jeff Okudah “took a lot of pride” in interception return for touchdown

Posted by Josh Alper on November 14, 2022, 8:59 AM EST

Getty Images

Cornerback Jeff Okudah entered the NFL as the third overall pick of the 2020 draft, but he was limited to 10 games in his first two seasons with the Lions and that limited expectations for him entering the 2022 season.

Okudah has stayed healthy this year, however, and he’s shown signs of being back to the form that made him such a high pick coming out of Ohio State. The brightest one came against the Bears on Sunday when he picked off college teammate Justin Fields and ran for a 20-yard touchdown that tied the game in the fourth quarter.

The Lions would go on to win 31-30 and Okudah said after the game that he “took a lot of pride in creating that play for our defense.” He also said that he’s savoring the chance to make plays like that after two frustrating seasons.

“I mean, honestly, I’m just enjoying this year,” Okudah said, via Kyle Meinke of MLive.com. “I’ve been through a lot of things my first two years, had plenty of lows. So I don’t take any of these moments for granted. Winning these games, being able to make plays, I don’t take any of that for granted. I’ve seen the other side of it. So I’m enjoying every single moment because you never know when the moment will be over.”

In addition to marking his own turnaround, Okudah’s big play ended a long drought for the Lions. They had not scored a defensive touchdown since Devon Kennard returned a fumble for a score in Week Eight of the 2019 season.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Nice to see Jeff turn it around...poor kid had two horrible injuries in addition to being drafted by the Lions...thats alot to overcome.

Comment

• Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears

Lions WR Tom Kennedy draws praise from Tyreek Hill

By Jeremy Reisman

Comment

• SO THEN...

Comment

• TK getting me some sweet redemption after I was getting attacked for supporting him during the preseason.

Comment

• i haven't posted one of these in a while...

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    i haven't posted one of these in a while...

Always fun to watch. At game speed I didn't notice Aiden blowing up 2 blockers to get that sack in the 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post

Always fun to watch. At game speed I didn't notice Aiden blowing up 2 blockers to get that sack in the 4th.
                      I didn’t see the 2nd guy either. That was pure determination and ability. That goal line tackle was just plain amazing as well. Between it and Barnes goal line stop the previous week were beautiful
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think Raymond has proved a lot wrong in here. He’s played really well the last couple of weeks filling in. Kennedy is getting a lot of love, Raymond should too
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Lions tried nabbing Jerry Tillery but the Bears win put them at 2nd of those who claimed. Raiders got him.

Comment

• Raymond and Kennedy are ok backup slot guys. One nice catch occasionally while struggling to get open otherwise. Kennedy got his one big play subbing in for St. Brown. If our big receivers were healthy Raymond would be backing up St. Brown and Kennedy would be a waste of a roster spot. Raymond at least has enough speed to occasionally threaten deep if ignored. Kennedy shouldn't have made the opening roster but he's ok to have around on the PS in case of injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post
                              Lions tried nabbing Jerry Tillery but the Bears win put them at 2nd of those who claimed. Raiders got him.

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2022/...detroit-lions/
                              Sucks we didn’t get him but that puts to bed the fan idea that they weren't gonna try.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                                Raymond and Kennedy are ok backup slot guys. One nice catch occasionally while struggling to get open otherwise. Kennedy got his one big play subbing in for St. Brown. If our big receivers were healthy Raymond would be backing up St. Brown and Kennedy would be a waste of a roster spot. Raymond at least has enough speed to occasionally threaten deep if ignored. Kennedy shouldn't have made the opening roster but he's ok to have around on the PS in case of injuries.
                                While Raymond and Kennedy did their jobs this week….the fact that we have to rely on guys of their ilk tells me that the WR room isn’t the strength we thought it was before the season.

I like Kennedy because he’s a lunch pail guy….less so with Raymond, guys like him are a dime a dozen. If for some reason he couldn’t go this season, we could have kept Plimpton and there would have been no difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X