No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raymond brings special teams value and has enough speed to play outside in a pinch but with his size it's not optimal. Kennedy is slot only and doesn't add to special teams. Backups need to be versatile. The season opening depth chart for outside receivers would have been Chark, Reynolds and Cephus then Raymond. Slot St. Brown, Raymond and then Cephus. Chark, Reynolds and Cephus are all hurt. St. Brown has been too. I'd argue most teams don't have the depth to overcome that. The Bucs didn't either and they have a fantastic receiving unit.

Comment

• Has Cepheus even been on the field this year?

Comment

• Pimpleton is way.too.small.

Comment

• Raymond is one inch taller and 8 lbs more (and five years older…as in 5 years in NFL weight rooms).

They’re the same size man.

Edit….I read it wrong, Raymond is an inch shorter than Pimp. And Fire Up Chips
          Last edited by Nick Pappageorgio; November 15, 2022, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
            Has Cepheus even been on the field this year?
            he had a pair of catches vs seattle

Comment

• I've seen the dude in person, way too small to make it.

Comment

• I’ve met athletes in person who were just huge (Bo Jackson/Karl Malone stand out)….and I’ve met athletes where I was surprised by how small they look (Peyton Manning and Brett Perriman comes to mind)

And a guy like pimp is going to put 10 pounds on in NFL weight rooms….he’s a small WR, but no too small

Comment

• Ok, I'll believe you and not my lying eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Pimpleton is way.too.small.
                    More importantly, even though he has NFL speed, he doesn't have NFL ball skills.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• So 6’5”, 230lb Peyton Manning looks small?

Comment

• I lived on the same floor as Anthony "Pig" Miller, not small.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                          So 6’5”, 230lb Peyton Manning looks small?
                          If I didn’t stand there and talk to the guy I wouldn’t have believed it….but to be fair this did take place in the spring after his rookie season with the colts…so it was a few years ago.

Bo Jackson, on the other hand, also in the early 2000s (years after he retired)…that man is not human. He has muscles in places that us normal-folk don’t.

As far as Pimp goes…he’s bigger than some guys who have had success in the league. Also…the Giants and Lions staffs disagree, he was offered the lions PS but opted for NYC, so there a couple of teams who disagree with your assessment.

Also…he’s a Chippewa. We fight outside of our weight class

Comment

• Lions get DJ Chark back at practice, hope to have Jameson Williams after Thanksgiving

Posted by Josh Alper on November 16, 2022, 12:31 PM EST

Getty Images

Lions head coach Dan Campbell offered updates on a couple of the team’s wide receivers on Wednesday.

Campbell said that wide receiver DJ Chark is back at practice as the team has designated him for return from injured reserve. Chark last played in Week Three and has been recovering from an ankle injury.

Chark had seven catches for 98 yards and a touchdown in his first three games with the Lions. He is eligible to play as soon as this weekend and the team has 21 days to activate him before he’d be shut down for the year.

First-round pick Jameson Williams is a little behind Chark on the return timeline. Campbell said the hope is to have Williams, who tore his ACL at Alabama, practicing after Thanksgiving.

“He’s progressing. There’s no setbacks,” Chark said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.

Acquiring Chark and Williams was part of Detroit’s plan to upgrade their receiving corps. If all goes well, they’ll see action together in the final weeks of the regular season.
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Syndication: Detroit Free Press

Survey: Who or what is most responsible for the Lions defensive turnaround?

By Erik Schlitt
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Getting turnovers that they weren't getting earlier in the season?

I mean... that's not a tough question to answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X