X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's the Shittiest Shit to ever Shit.

You can't win with that guy.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
      He's the Shittiest Shit to ever Shit.

You can't win with that guy.
      The only guy in the NFL who thought “taking a knee” meant something else.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

The only guy in the NFL who thought “taking a knee” meant something else.
        NOICE BRO!
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Everyone Jackaz. Everyone is close. That's how they've set it up. You win or lose. Period. I was close to winning the Powerball. Only 6 numbers away.

Dan Campbell: I know everybody’s tired of hearing it’s close, but I do know we’re close

Posted by Myles Simmons on October 31, 2022, 9:51 AM EDT

Getty Images

After Sunday’s loss to the Dolphins, the Lions are 1-6.

General Manager Brad Holmes and head coach Dan Campbell received a vote of confidence from team owner Sheila Ford Hamp last week. And Detroit put together a solid first half against Miami, taking a 27-17 lead into the break.

But the Dolphins outscored the Lions 14-0 in the final 30 minutes, once again leaving Campbell to explain defeat in his postgame press conference.

“That was tough, to say the least,” Campbell said. “Hey, those guys came back and played well the second half and stayed to their game plan, what they did and we didn’t overcome it. We were pretty good in the first half, offensively, and in the second half we stalled out.”

The Lions have lost their last five games after defeating the Commanders in Week Two. While they’re No. 4 in offensive yards and No. 8 in points scored, they’re still last in yards allowed and points allowed.

“My thought is as frustrating as it is, I know how close we are because we are still talking about one play,” Campbell said. “And the hard thing is to just keep doing your job and staying in the thick of the storm, and the easy thing is to go down below and get under the blanket, eat all the food and whatever. Guys who are going on the deck and just continue to do their part because they know the sun’s coming, those are the guys we’re looking for. So that’s how I choose to think of this.

“The only way to clean up everything is to go back to work, that’s just — that’s all I know. So, we go back to work because if we don’t, we have no chance of being in any of these games. So let’s get back into it. We had a chance to win that game, and once we get that chance, let’s see if we can handle the pressure better and not shoot ourselves in the foot.”

Campbell also brought up one of his former coaches when talking about handling pressure.

“I think it’s all-encompassing,” Campbell said. “Bill Parcells just used to say, ‘The only way to win close games is win close games.’ So, like, we’ve got to find a way to win a close game when we’re actually playing in close games, and that’s how you build confidence to do it. And until then, you’ve got to do all the little things right. So, I think it’s all-encompassing.

“Hey, it’s frustrating, but I know everybody’s tired of hearing it’s close, but I do know we’re close, and you just don’t know when it’s going to turn. But if we don’t keep swinging away at it, it’ll only get worse.”

Close as it may be, as Chris Burke of TheAthletic.com put it Sunday afternoon, at some point, the Lions need to win a game. The results have to start appearing at some point. Otherwise, major change will become inevitable.
          And THIS news...
          NFL enjoys record number of close games

Posted by Mike Florio on October 31, 2022, 10:31 AM EDT

Getty Images

The bad news is that scoring is down this year. The good news is that close games are up.

Per the NFL, the league has had a record number of games decided by six points or less (55) or eight points or less (71) through the first eight weeks of any season.

In Week Eight, 10 of the 14 games played were one-score contests at some point in the fourth quarter. So far, 94 games have fit the description, another record.

With one game to go in Week Eight, those records could each be pushed one game higher.

Although a few teams are gathering at the extremes of good and bad, most of the league is bunched together. And from that cluster of teams that make up the vast majority of the pack, one or two serious threats to win it all can emerge.

SO yeah, close.

What a bunch of crap.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• And BTW,going the whole game in a coverage YOU don't want is also on YOU Dan.

I can't believe people by this crap.

Comment

• As I said, everything about this league, from the way they handle the draft, supplemental picks, free agency, all the way down to the very games themselves, are designed with the expressed purpose of dragging every team to .500. That is quite literally what the NFL has decided is best for business. That's also why I say getting to .500 is the "easy part," you're literally helped by every aspect of the league's structure to get there.

That the Lions have been able to resist that current for decades is a testament to how utterly incompetent this franchise has been, including their current leadership.

Comment

• Normally the "vote of confidence" is dreaded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                  Normally the "vote of confidence" is dreaded.
                  When it’s from the Fords, it’s a bad sign for the Lions fans…

Comment

• Placing this here...

Brian Daboll: Dan Campbell slammed chairs and hit walls when I interviewed him for a job

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 17, 2022, 4:51 AM EST

Getty Images

Giants head coach Brian Daboll and Lions head coach Dan Campbell will face off on Sunday, but it won’t be their first meeting. Daboll and Campbell previously worked together on the Dolphins’ staff, and this week Daboll told an entertaining story about their first meeting.

Daboll said that when he was the Dolphins’ offensive coordinator in 2011, then-Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano asked him to interview Campbell for the job of tight ends coach. Campbell, who famously said at his first press conference in Detroit that his players would bite opponents’ kneecaps off, made an interesting impression in the interview.

“Tony said, ‘Hey, I got this guy that I think would be good. Why don’t we interview him? You take care of the interview.’ So, I interviewed Dan, and it was a great interview,” Daboll said, via the New York Post. “He’s slamming chairs on the ground and hitting walls and going through all these drills. You guys know him. He’s a fantastic person, great family. It was an entertaining interview. [He] knew a lot. Obviously, he was very passionate, tough as nails, you could tell. He was out of breath in half that interview with the stuff he was doing. Yeah, great guy.”

Daboll said that on Campbell’s first day of work, he showed up at 5:30 a.m. “power cleaning and squatting” in the Dolphins’ weight room.

Although Daboll and Campbell only worked together for one year in Miami, they’ve remained friendly and are now meeting as head coaches for the first time. As head coaches they’ve had different starts to their careers: Daboll is 7-2 in his first year with the Giants, while Campbell is 6-19-1 in his second year with the Lions.

Comment

• You can tell from that photo that he's a lazy bstd. Can't even be arsed to lift his finger and point properly.

FFS, DAN. POINT to the knee you wanna chew.
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I will say last Sunday was a good sign to me. It showed he could at least demonstrate measured aggression. He took the points when it made sense to take the points, and went for it when it made sense to go for it. Certainly still improvement to be made, but it's nonetheless a good sign.

Comment

• OK, I checked. I can't rename this thread to 'Resign / Extend Dan Campbell for 5 more years'. Probably because... Jhina.
                          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Deb can probably change it
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Nah, leave it up. We're playing Minny this week.
                              "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                              Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Jacksonville Jaguars v Detroit Lions Dan Campbell excited for Lions vs. Vikings: ‘This is why you get into coaching’

By Jeremy Reisman

Comment

Working...
                                X