U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
    At $9 million a year he doesn't have to.
    But at $15 mil a year he'd have to care even less...just sayin.
    Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wellington_beefhouser View Post
      But at $15 mil a year he'd have to care even less...just sayin.
      I would like to make $9 million for just one year and retire.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• The only way Harbaugh leaves is if he feels he HAS to win a Lombardi trophy in his career. Money is never going to be an object when it comes to Ann Arbor. As long as he keeps winning 10 games a year, he might as well have a blank check.

Comment

• If The L.A. Rams Offer Jim Harbaugh Big Money, Could University of Michigan Stop Him From Leaving?

Dec 30, 2016 @ 09:30 AM

Tonight, Jim Harbaugh will be coaching the University of Michigan in the Capital One Orange Bowl. However, earlier this month, rumors circulated that the Wolverines popular coach might attempt to jump ship after the season to coach the NFL's Los Angeles Rams.

Thus far, any rumors about Coach Harbaugh's purported departure from Ann Arbor have proven unsubstantiated. But, what if Jim Harbaugh were really to attempt to leave after tonight's Capital One Orange Bowl?

Would the University of Michigan have any recourse to stop him?

A quick look at Coach Harbaugh's employment contract (which is a publicly available document) contains two arguably conflicting provisions. One provision, Section 4.07, "acknowledges that the remedy at law for breach ... will be inadequate and that, in addition to any other remedy the University may have, it shall be entitled to an injunction restraining any breach or threatened breach."

This language seems to create the opportunity, in event Coach Harbaugh tries to leave the University of Michigan, for the university to seek a court order known as a negative injunction that would prevent the Jim Harbaugh from coaching anywhere else.

Nevertheless, a different section of Coach Harbaugh's employment agreement, Section 4.04(b), states:

In the event [Coach Harbaugh] terminates his employment with the University, other than for good reason ... [Coach Harbaugh] shall reimburse the University a pro rata portion of the total of: (i) [his signing bonus] and (ii) any payments made under [an indemnification clause for claims brought by his previous employer].

This section is perhaps best described as a "liquidated damages clause," which is a clause that predetermines a monetary remedy in the event of breach.

To some courts, the existence of a liquidated damages clause would negate the argument in favor of a negative injunction. Indeed, if the University of Michigan and Coach Harbaugh were able to assign a monetary value in advance to the result of his breach, then the court could simply order money, instead of a negative injunction, as a remedy in the event of wrondoing.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            This language seems to create the opportunity, in event Coach Harbaugh tries to leave the University of Michigan, for the university to seek a court order known as a negative injunction that would prevent the Jim Harbaugh from coaching anywhere else.
            THE Jim Harbaugh University!
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• What a stupid click bait headline from Edelman.

If you want to explain the details of James Joseph Harbaugh contract to your readers that's fine, shameful misleading headline like this is basically more "Fake News"

He ours, deal with it.

Comment

• if Michigan had dominated Ohio the last 2 years I might be worried but to anyone that thinks Harbaugh would leave Michigan with an 0-2 record against Ohio is smoking fucking crack.

Beating Ohio is far more important than a SB.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Thinking he wouldn't love to ruin SF 2x a year is for someone that is a crack addict.
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• The difference between 9 million a year and 15 million a year is a hell if a lot of money. He can buy a lot more ill fitting Walmart khakis.

Comment

• Keep dreaming, he's not leaving.

Comment

• I don't care, but I do like making fun of those awful pants he wears. You should too, get some style.

Comment

• Michigan blew the game on that kick off return, that's a shame. I think if the kicker hits that ball deep or through the EZ the worst that happens is a FG and they go to OT. They missed a tackle inside the 20. Crazy how the uncertainty of the returner coming out of the EZ threw them off.

The D was playing better and with less than 2 minutes left I think they would have stopped them from scoring. Just too many BIG plays given up though. 3rd and 22 and they give up a 70 yard run? Then a 92 yard TD pass. Then on 3rd and 9 they give up the go ahead TD late.

Well it was a great 4th quarter and exciting ending. They lost their 2 best players and still made a game of it. That really sucked, was looking forward to watching Peppers in his last game at MI.

3 losses by a total of 5 points, that's rough. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. They probably should have had another shot at getting the 1st down at the end there. FS looked offside but no luck with the men in stripes yet again.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            The difference between 9 million a year and 15 million a year is a hell if a lot of money. He can buy a lot more ill fitting Walmart khakis.
                            15 million in la is like 9 million in Ann Arbor.

Comment

• I'm not sure about that AA is pricy.

Comment

• I did look just for fun and it's equivalent to a little over $11 m

Comment

Working...
                                X