No announcement yet.

Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are all thinking about you tomorrow, DL and wow, Coop. A whole week in the hosp?

Damn that has to be hard.

Hang tough. He needs you to be strong with no fear in your eyes, only smiles when you look at him.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Thank you all. But a little rough the last several days. Tomorrow though will be the first day of the rest of my life. I am 50 years old with 4 daughters, none of whom are married, hence I have no grandchildren, I can't go anywhere just yet.

Coop, I am glad you are back home. I have lived a fulfilling life. Your son is beginning his and has so much to do. I pray that when he gets old he will complain how his life would have been so much better had his dad not got him to be a Lions fan. While it will be challenging at times, I know you and your family will cherish many more football seasons together.
      Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Glad you are back home as well coop.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Well things are not so promising for me. My biopsy showed stage 4 lung cancer. A few tests are to be done in the coming days to make sure it hasn't already spread to my brain, which I haven't really had any systems of. But my wife my disagree about something being wrong with my brain.....

Another test is being done now to determine what type of chemo I will be put on initially. I will start that in about 10 days. I asked the doc about worst/best case scenario and he told me it all depends on my body accepting the chemo. What he felt was anywhere from 7 months to two years. But he did say that if my cancer responds to the chemo he has seen people live 4 or 5 years.

Needless to say I need the Lions to win a SB real soon. If not, I will take all the complaints with me to Yooperman, Ned, and Skate.
          Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Dammit, DL. That fucking sucks.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Fuck. I'm so sorry DL.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• *uck, shit, hell!!!!!

I understand wanting to see grandchildren.

Wanting children brings grandchildren sooner.

We are close to the same age (well, maybe I am a tad bit more fossilized) and I can only feel badly that your time in your youth is giving you a problem with seeing your future.

......not to mention without absolute wonderment, your service to your Country.

Comment

• FUCKING COCKSUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Always I am with you my friend.
                  Last edited by DanO; February 5, 2014, 05:53 PM.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• This fucking sucks. I hope the chemo goes well so we can keep you around for awhile.
                    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                      FUCKING COCKSUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Always I am with you my friend.

Lean on us Bro, and keep smiles for your family.
                      Last edited by Malto Marko; February 5, 2014, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• So, I read a little on lung cancer. Numbers get thrown around like a Lions' forum during the draft. Just like with the Lions, I suppose historical numbers can give some glimpse into the future. Averages, means, if this, then that. There always seems to be outliers, those that deviate from the norm, fall outside of the projected path. There were plenty of survivor's stories where this is the case.

Long story short, if I were a betting man (and I am), I would bet that you have beat the odds a number of times in your life. All there is left to do now, is beat them again.
                        Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Thank you for updating us. I'm so sorry the news is so bad. I can't imagine what you must be feeling...and my heart aches for you and your family.

That said, you're a tough SOB and if anyone can beat this crap, it would be you. Kick this thing's ass, k??
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I'm very sorry DL, I echo what everyone else has said. Hugs, prayers for you and your family.
                            "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Ahh man DL, sorry to hear the news. Go out an beat this thing my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                                That said, you're a tough SOB and if anyone can beat this crap, it would be you. Kick this thing's ass, k??
                                ^THIS!

Some awful news DL. I really feel for you and your family. You never seem to be the person that will roll over and quit on us though. I know that you will give this thing a fight to be remembered. I echo Deb. Kick this thing's ass!!
                                AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                                2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                                3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                                4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                                5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                                6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                                7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

Working...
                                X