No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait; Golden Tate is going from the Seahawks TO the Lions!?
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• LOL.

You could have hours of fun with that picture.

My mate: So Marko, you go to Starbucks now instead of Greggs?
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• His goal against Italy in 2004 in the 85th minute still rates as my all-time favorite Ibra goal. Blind backheel with the keeper barreling into him, top right corner, a smidgen over the Italian defenders head at the post. Brilliant! Couldn't have placed that any better if he was looking at the goal.

Watching a Zlatan highlight reel ranks right up there with a Barry Sanders highlight reel.

Comment

• Well, there's one of the slip ups that Liverpool/Arsenal needed to have a title shot. Mourinho's schtick is old, whines when things doesn't go his way. Personally, they got what they deserved today at Villa Park. Guy on a yellow runs 20 yards to grab a guy by the shoulder from behind as he's rampaging through the heart of the Chelsea midfield, he's asking to get tossed. That's not a "challenge", that's obstruction.

Comment

• Yep Chelsea could not afford a loss like that.

Moyes can't afford to get thrashed at Old Trafford like they did. Liverpool throttled Man U.

Comment

• Luckiest goal ever?
              [ame]http://youtu.be/6CVF8xHd7Bo[/ame]
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Ibra would buy that guy a drink.

Comment

• Woman Stabs Husband Because Devil Said He Was "Worshipping NASCAR"

Expand
                  A 23-year-old Tennessee woman—upset that her husband was "worshipping" a NASCAR race—drove her car into the church across the street from their home, called her husband from the wreckage, and stabbed him in the chest when he arrived. Prior thereto, she was smoking weed all day and all night while having conversations with both God and the devil.
                  Stephanie Faye Hamman had herself quite the Sunday. God was pissed at her for smoking pot during the day instead of just at night to relax (which he says is OK) and then she started listening to Satan, who got into her ear after he found out how mad she was that her husband worshipping the NASCAR race at Bristol. So, sometime before 10:00 p.m. that night she crashed her car into the church and stabbed her husband Steven when he came to check on her.
                  Here are direct quotes Hamman allegedly gave to the Church Hill police department:
                  "So God told me He wanted me in there, so I drove my car through the front doors. God told me to, so I did it."
                  "After I drove through the doors, I put all the things I brought to the church at the altar. I called Steven and told him I had wrecked. I laid down in front of the altar until he got there. The devil told me to take the kitchen knife with me. I prayed I would not have to use it on him, but I did."
                  "When Steven came to check on me, I told him the devil was in me and I stabbed him in the heart. Have you heard if he is dead or not?"
                  "I smoke a bunch of weed. I love to smoke it. Sometimes when I do, I start seeing things that others don't. Isn't God good? He told me that this would happen, and just look, I am okay."
                  "I was riding with them to a party at the racetrack when they brought me here. I was outside digging in the mud when the devil told me I need to go there. I knew God would help me live right."
                  Steven Hamman is not dead; he is in Holston Valley Medical Center, listed in fair condition.

Comment

• She's probably just mad that Bristol just isn't the same after the repave they did a few years ago.

Comment

• she might want to lay off the blunts too

Comment

• man, that must have been some good chit.

Comment

• Report: FIFA VP Paid Millions By Qatari Firm After World Cup Vote

It's a good sign a sport's governance is seriously screwed up when a report emerges that a FIFA executive received millions of dollars from a Qatari soccer official after Qatar was awarded the World Cup, and everyone's first reaction isn't anger, but more along the lines of "no shit."
                          The blockbuster report in the Daily Telegraph cites documents showing payments totaling $2 million given to former FIFA vice president Jack Warner from a company owned by former Qatari FIFA executive Mohamed Bin Hammam.
                          The document is dated December 15, 2010, two weeks after Qatar won the right to host the tournament, and states that the money is "payable to Jack Warner".
                          Mr Warner's two sons and an employee were paid a further $1 million (?600,000) by the same Qatari company.
                          One document states that payments are to "offset legal and other expenses", but a separate letter claims that more than $1 million cover "professional services provided over the period 2005-2010".
                          Warner, the former president of CONCACAF, is no stranger to controversy. In 2011, the Trinidadian was accused of demanding cash and gifts from England's FA in exchange for his 2018 World Cup vote. Later that year, Warner was caught on tape urging Caribbean Football Union members to accept envelopes full of money to back Mohamed Bin Hammam's bid for FIFA president.
                          Bin Hammam was banned for life; Warner stepped down, putting him beyond the reach of any FIFA punishment. But the FBI is said to be investigating the Caribbean-based fraud (payments for which, according to the Telegraph, were routed through American banks). "It's shaping up to be a major case," one U.S. official told Reuters.
                          Despite the mess, there has been no serious suggestion that Qatar is in danger of losing the 2022 World Cup. Instead, FIFA is debating whether the tournament should be moved to the winter to spare players the intense summer heat. That decision has been pushed back a year; nothing in FIFA happens quickly without money greasing the wheels.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaRaySparty View Post
                            man, that must have been some good chit.

Not if you're Steven...
                            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                              Not if you're Steven...

Agree with that. Geezz.
                              I suppose she could have been at wits end with the hubby, considering they live in Tenn, Bristol being right in the wheelhouse of a passionate fan.
                              NASCAR, love it or hate it.
                              Yep Froop, it isnt the same since they put in the concrete.

Comment

• Nope, the drivers like it, but it isn't the same. Bristol was always the most fun to watch, now it's not nearly the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X