No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You need to change your avatar to a picture of Richard Dreyfuss......, remember? For any other forum member reading this, I told DanO that through the entire conversation, I thought I was speaking to Richard Dreyfuss. That's who he sounds like.

My accent is indeed very strong. In Scotland, my kind are referred to as "schemey bastards"! ....., sacha is the posh one. I do find it very difficult to talk differently so people will understand me. Few months ago in London while visiting my oldest son, I went to a pancake place near the Big Ben area. I was in a queue and day dreaming etc when the guy making the pancakes said, "Can I help you sir?"......., I blurted out (without thinking) , "Aw aye, err geez a couple o' they lemon drizzle yins wi golden syrup and twa large coffees tae go please, pal."
    My God, you should've seen the look on this guys face. It was like I'd just landed and got out of a spaceship.

Fantastic offer though, DanO and I can't express in words on here how thankful we are for that....., (well I could, but you wouldn't understand me! BOOM BOOM)....., but the Detroit Forum game is definitely on our bucket list....., we will definitely be there one day. Guaranteed.

So......., anyway......., what about the Hibees today?......., 2-1 down with 10 mins to play......., score twice in a minute to make it 3-2........, then let Motherwell score in the 90th minute to make it 3-3. We left Easter Road today a bit dejected. Decent game though.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Nothing worse in sports than to give it up at the death.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
        Great idea LFIJ. I'm guessing I dropped about $50.00 last night. While I've used Skype a few times I'm not all that familiar with it. Do I just type in "stupid Montana dude living in Japan" and it comes up with your number?
        I think you can just connect through e-mail address or user name.
        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Being thick here again, LFIJ......, can skype only be used with a wifi connection, or can it be done with 3G and 4G also?

That's ^ officially the most technical question I have ever asked.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• "I think you can just connect through e-mail address or user name."
            --------------what's your email address?
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Re: Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              Being thick here again, LFIJ......, can skype only be used with a wifi connection, or can it be done with 3G and 4G also?

Yes Marko it can. 3G you may have some slow or video problems, but it will work find with normal speed wifi.
              Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Thanks for that, DL. Can't wait to skype someone and physically see their confused faces!

Comment

• Junior almost pulled it off with a fuel strategy, only losing with a quarter lap left.

Comment

• He still finished second for his third straight top 2 finish. Kind of amazing, all of a sudden, Junior's talent resurfaced. How long till Letarte gets popped cheating?
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                      Being thick here again, LFIJ......, can skype only be used with a wifi connection, or can it be done with 3G and 4G also?

Originally posted by DanO View Post
                      "I think you can just connect through e-mail address or user name."
                      --------------what's your email address?
                      You guys have PMs.
                      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• we suspected it was PMS with Dano all along.
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• JFC

Soccer And NASCAR, the Hillbilly fun of any nation
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Well I certainly can't speak for NASCAR, but.....,
                            YEEEEEEEEEEEE FKING HAAAAAAAAAAA, I do like the soccer.

Comment

• Man City didn't look too good against Wigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                                we suspected it was PMS with Dano all along.
                                HA!
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X