No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's been my issue for years. The excuse is : the game is too fast. Well that is bullshit because they have the stop/start clock in Aussie Rules which is a much faster sport than soccer.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
      It?s not something I?ve looked for at the World Cup, I just assumed there?d be one. There is a clock on the scoreboard at Easter Road stadium for the Hibs games. But I suppose that?s for people contemplating suicide...... a sort of, ?don?t do it, there?s only 10 minutes left of this pish? type of thing.
      I assumed CGVT was referring to "stoppage time," where the clock may read 90:00, but the game is still going on with usually only a vague +3 (for example) to indicate how much time has been added.

Comment

• Uh...

Originally posted by CGVT View Post

It's not just a clock that is needed, but a time keeper to stop and start it at the appropriate time so there is none of this ridiculous mythical "extra time"
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Cgvt said ?extra time? but I knew he was referring to stoppage time. I answered it accordingly and I think we are on the same page.

And he?s right........ it?s crazy. Even if a player scores in the stoppage time, very rarely his celebration time also added on. It?s all fucking guess work and it?s shit.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Extra time. Stoppage time. Whatever. Fuck that shit. Have a clock and a time keeper. Stop the clock and restart it when it is necessary. End the fucking game when the clock hits 0:00

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Well, extra time is completely different. That?s an extra half hour after FT.

Bur yep, and as said, the AFL do it,....... works perfectly.

Seriously though, go on any euro soccer forum and suggest the 0:00 clock....... you?ll be met with, ?DON?T AMERICANISE OUR GAME!? shyte. Im Scottish and I get asked to stop americanising the game. Fucking dinosaurs.

Comment

Well, extra time is completely different. That?s an extra half hour after FT.

Bur yep, and as said, the AFL do it,....... works perfectly.

Seriously though, go on any euro soccer forum and suggest the 0:00 clock....... you?ll be met with, ?DON?T AMERICANISE OUR GAME!? shyte. Im Scottish and I get asked to stop americanising the game. Fucking dinosaurs.
                Ha! I am sure that is the response that this suggestion would get. It's too bad it makes so much sense. ;)

Comment

I have a feeling that?s what the Spanish commentator would?ve shouted......, ?NACHOOOOOO!?
                  What...in....the....world?
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    I watched a little of the World Cup last night. It was the game where the one-name guy tied it up lat with a free kick. It was pretty impressive.

My only question is why the fuck can't they have a clock on the scoreboard so people and players know when the fuck the game is going to end?

Jesus.
                    Stop worrying about the time and enjoy the game already!
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I don't enjoy the game enough to not worry about the time ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post

What...in....the....world?
                        What?

Comment

• Where?

Comment

• Ok, I?ll play along.

Why?

Comment

• image_4988.jpg Someone say 3rd world?0
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Echo UKBB

What ...... in ....... the ......... world?

Comment

Working...
                                X