Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
    With the 15th pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, The Detroit Pistons select Sekou Doumbouya.

Who the heck is he???

I hope that I'll eat those words in a few years, and that Sekou Doumbouya becomes nearly as talented as the Greek Freak.

But please, don't let this guy become Darko 2.0!!

One major bust on an NBA team in my lifetime is enough.
    High risk, high reward guy.
    No idea who he was a few weeks ago, but a lot of mocks had Doumbouya going top 10.

Who knows. Could be another Austin Daye (former 15th overall Pistons POTENTIAL pick) or hopefully develop into a Pascal Siakam-like player.
    The range of outcomes with Doumbouya is large considering his age, rawness, and coming from France.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

With the 15th pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, The Detroit Pistons select Sekou Doumbouya.
      Gesundheit

Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• I thought we had the 30th pick in the draft. Kevin Porter would have been a damned good pick in that slot. What happened?
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Det drafted 2 18 year olds. Looks like they are starting to build for the future. Doubt this draft moves the needle at all this year

Comment

• Well of course not! They already got the 8-seed! They're at the top of the mountain, and just need to maintain it!

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• That was a strange draft for the Pistons.

Comment

Who the heck is he???

I hope that I'll eat those words in a few years, and that Sekou Doumbouya becomes nearly as talented as the Greek Freak.

But please, don't let this guy become Darko 2.0!!

One major bust on an NBA team in my lifetime is enough.

At the very least the kid looks serviceable. I don't think he will be bad like Darko.

https://www.nbadraft.net/instant-analysis/2019

15. Sekou Doumbouya | 6-9 | 230 | SF/PF | France | 18

Doumbouya is extremely raw, but he possesses as much upside as anyone outside of the top-three picks in this draft. He didn't start playing basketball until he was nearly a teenager, yet he showed an encouraging developmental curve playing for Limoges in France. Doumbouya doesn't turn 19 until December, making him the youngest player in the draft. He possesses all the raw tools that simply can't be taught. At 6-9, he runs like a cheetah and closes for weakside shotblocks with Giannis-like ferocity. He can grab a defensive rebound and lead his own one-man fast break with alarming speed. He is still at least a couple of years away from being able to contribute to an NBA team, but with the right coaching/infrastructure, Doumbouya could be a total game-changer. Are the Pistons in a position to provide that kind of infrastructure?

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Cool sounding name at least.

Say-ku Dem-boy-ya
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        That was a strange draft for the Pistons.
                        Yeah. They had Porter fall to them at 30 to just give him away for 2nd rd picks. If this was the NFL I would be excited. But Porter (if he plays up to his potential) has top 10 talent. I think they should have just took the player.

Then they trade up with DAL to take a guy that WANTS (and allegedly promised by DAL) to play in the league now. But also allegedly, they want to stash. Oh that is a great way to start that relationship. Yeah, we like you enough to draft you but we don't like you enough right now to put you on our roster.

They were saying he is like Luke. Except bigger. Okay, great.

Also, Cam Reddish was drafted where the Pistons would have been if they wouldn't have made the playoffs.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                          Cool sounding name at least.

Say-ku Dem-boy-ya
                          Everytime I see/hear his name I think of "Ali Boom-Buy-Yaaa! Ali Boom-Buy-Yaaa!" As he's pummeling a worn-down Foreman in Africa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Yeah. They had Porter fall to them at 30 to just give him away for 2nd rd picks. If this was the NFL I would be excited. But Porter (if he plays up to his potential) has top 10 talent. I think they should have just took the player.
                            Yeah I think that was a dumbass trade as well. Porter was worth the risk.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• In those highlights, he runs a fast break like Draymond. One of the scouting reports said he can easily guard 1-4. His 3 point shot needs work, but he's young.

When they drafted Darko, it was like they drafted Sidd Finch. They saw him at one workout and there were a few grainy videos. He was the #2 overall when you had proven guys available. Darko had no real work ethic. This guy may fail in entirely different ways, but he sounds like he's a hard worker. At 15 you are taking fliers on guys hoping they pan out. It's the opposite of taking a guy like Henry Ellenson who at best would fill a role more suited in the 2000s.

The Pistons now have 4 or 5 development guys, its almost too much, they need a couple of them to hit.

Comment

• I wasn't impressed by Cam Reddish.

Comment

Working...
                                X