No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have absolutely no idea what you just said. I typed it all into the google search.

As a result, just spent an hour and a half of my Sunday morning reading about the feckin 2015 VW diesel emissions Scandal.

THAT, in itself deserves hauling your a$$ to the aggro thread, ....... and let me tell you, I’ll fucking be there...... right after I email my brother; tell him he can still claim for his warranty issues he had after diesel-gate!
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      Let's play a game. I'm gonna show you an analysis of a couple of QBs.

First:

Second:

Gee. Those sound an awful lot like Stafford! Especially since none of them mention "ability to read defenses!"

But wait! They aren't about Stafford at all! Nope. They're actually taking about Drew Brees in the first example and Tom Brady in the second one, two gentlemen who would NEVER be accused of being unable to read NFL defenses. It's almost like these "analysis" are just a bunch of buzzwords thrown together and don't bother with granularity because they know the instant they go beyond generic observations like "smart" their readers eyes will gloss over and they'll stop reading!

Now, that's not saying Stafford is an elite mind at the position. But that people aren't going to be talking about his ability to read defenses because not even NFL pundits are going to be talking about something so incredibly inane.
      Film Room: Matthew Stafford

The writes breakdownsStafford's inconsistency and inaccuracy against the Vikings,

JosephLin10_0.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by 313LionsFan View Post

Film Room: Matthew Stafford

The writer breaks down Stafford's inconsistency and inaccuracy against the Vikings,

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/qu...tthew-stafford

JosephLin10_0.jpg
        💣

"just refuse to give Stafford opportunities to mess up"
        Last edited by Panoptes; December 6, 2020, 10:38 AM.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Some Stafford is a bum LOL garbage time yards hot takers looking pretty stupid in the game day thread this morning as Stafford throws for over 400 yards against a very feisty defense missing loads of starters on offense.

LET. MATTHEW. COOK.

Suck it, haters.
          Last edited by TheLondonLion; December 7, 2020, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• It was Vintage Stafford

Comment

• This guy will probably not write a better article in his life
              Stafford’s future is unclear, but he’s still extremely fun to watch in the present.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                It was Vintage Stafford
                Exactly! Next week he could serve up a dud! The problem with Matt Stafford has always and will be accuracy and inconsistency. Some folks will always deflect blame on coaching. I tend to disagree.

I've seen this script too many times. Next week when we can't run the ball effectively, folks will blame the o-line or the defense after Stafford stinks it up
                Last edited by 313LionsFan; December 7, 2020, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• I blame lack of talent on the team, it's very simple, they do not have the requisite talent on the team during his tenure. In fact he has been so good as a Lion it has masked how truly deficient they have been in that department.

Yes, I will blame Matt Patricia, he was a fucking awful, awful coach. His hiring set back the franchise. One of the worst hires you could have had when your are trying to win in the later years with Stafford.

Comment

• That deep ball to Cephus was a thing of beauty - though you’d never know it from the “can’t read defenses/Stat Padford” game day crew!

Comment

• I think people forget that Stanford was drafted on to the first 0-16 team in NFL history. They were that bad. Cleveland may have matched that a few years ago but that defense had some talent. The 0-16 Lions were incredibly bad.

I think Stafford’s lack of success can definitely be attributed to a lack of talent around him and the coaching. Schwartz, Caldwell, and Patricia were not good. Combine that with the terrible running games and terrible defenses thAt Stafford has had to carry most of his career, his lack of success is not surprising.

Comment

• Stafford in an “unbelievable amount of pain”. Will be such a shame if that is his last down as a Lion.

Comment

• Imagine how us fans feel after watching him for 12 years.

Comment

• Shut up, dickhead. The guy was putting his broken bones back together and you were hoping that was the last time you saw him play.

Classy.

I don’t know who you think could replace him having to score a touchdown on every single drive, but be careful what you wish for. A glance at Tua yesterday suggests the grass isn’t always greener.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                              If the right trade offer is made to the Lions, sure.
                              The Carson Palmer trade comment ... it's funny because Stafford is better than Palmer at the time of the Bengals-Raiders trade, but the Raiders/ Al Davis were so incompetent.. Bengals simply lucked out!

Then again... Drew Bledsoe and Sam Bradford were traded for 1st RD picks. Maybe the Lions get lucky if they find the right partner..... We were lucky with the Roy Williams trade.
                              It would wreck my fandom so why not get Chucky on the line. He loves getting it in the turkey hole from MS.
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Say anything you want. I don't see a Lions QB until after 2022.
                                Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X