This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Robert Kraft was thought of the same way until he hired the GOAT of coaching.
    That’s the first I’ve heard of that take. He bought the team in 1994 after years of deft maneuvering because he was a lifelong fan. They made the Super Bowl in 1996 and then he traded a first round pick for Belichik in 2000. Since then the Pats have won 19 division titles and made 9 Super Bowls, winning 6. In the meantime he also got a new stadium built. I’d say he has a pretty damn good track record.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

That’s the first I’ve heard of that take. He bought the team in 1994 after years of deft maneuvering because he was a lifelong fan. They made the Super Bowl in 1996 and then he traded a first round pick for Belichik in 2000. Since then the Pats have won 19 division titles and made 9 Super Bowls, winning 6. In the meantime he also got a new stadium built. I’d say he has a pretty damn good track record.
      In the 5 years, previous to GOAT being hired (and that was a debacle itself) the Pats were 44-36 with a SuperBowl loss, a divsional loss and definitely trending down. NOW, he is considered a great owner. Not so much in his first 5 years. The point being how an owner is thought of is tied heaviy to how his team preforms.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• No doubt that it's tied to team performance but he also saved the franchise from being moved to Jacksonville by the previous ownership group. I never really knew much about the background there but I read up on his wiki page and it's really fascinating stuff. He wanted to buy the team for a long time but he couldn't so instead he bought the land that the stadium was on which was tied to the Patriots as part of their lease with the stadium. He refused to break the lease so the owners at the time could not move the team. Eventually, they ran into financial difficulties and put the team up for sale and Kraft pounced.

Comment

• I didn't want to post this until it was more than a week's rumor. Chris Partridge is coming back as an assistant coach. Top recruiter! Interesting what spot Harbaugh will put him and who else will change?

Update; Apparently Helow is on his way out

Comment

• Great news!

Comment

• ​Yep, fantastic!

In the last eight recruiting cycles, he’s been a primary or secondary recruiter on 38 four- or five-star recruits that have landed at Michigan or Ole Miss.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                I didn't want to post this until it was more than a week's rumor. Chris Partridge is coming back as an assistant coach. Top recruiter! Interesting what spot Harbaugh will put him and who else will change?

Update; Apparently Helow is on his way out
                If Helow doesn't leave, I think they'll create a position like some sort of advisor until someone does depart.

Partridge is an excellent recruiter, particularly in the east.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Partridge?

Attached Files
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• In a pear tree!

Comment

• shaddup
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If Helow doesn't leave, I think they'll create a position like some sort of advisor until someone does depart.

Partridge is an excellent recruiter, particularly in the east.​
                        Harbaugh needs Partridge as an assistant coach. Dont think an advisor role can make in-home recruiting visits.

Comment

• I think Danny was the most talented Partridge...it was a shame Keith stole all the glory...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Laurie Partridge was the one.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Who was the young chick who just did tambourine...now that was talent.

Ruben Kincaid was stealing the family blind. He later went on to coach the Raiders.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yes, Wiz -- that person shares a surname with a prominent celebrity family as well as a species of bird. You are correct. Good job!

Comment

Working...
                                X