Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...now Liney joins the circle jerk at Sandbaggery U...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't see how I'm sandbagging.

The offense should be pretty good. They won't have one dominant RB, but between 2-3 guys they could work together to get close to Hassan's numbers. I don't think QB will be a problem. Receivers are solid, and the OL will have a solid core of players.

I don't know how you replace guys like Hutch, Dax or Ojabo on defense. Those guys made the difference in several games.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Attached Files
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well, lets try it like this:

Michigan is going to flatten everyone. In their first four games, opponents will be fortunate if they can hold the McNamara/McCarthy duo under 70 points. The Big Ten schedule? Hah! Michigan won't be seriously challenged by anyone until November 26th. Even the mighty buckeyes will shiver in fear as the Wolverines enter their stadium. If the bucks play their best, they might find a way to keep the spread under 30 points. Don't count on it, though.

The OL will be NFL caliber. All five starters will be top ten NFL picks. Georgia and Alabama will look toward Ann Arbor and groan in disbelief as the Michigan offense shows everyone in college football 'how its done'.

Harbaugh will be the toast of college football. Top high school prospects from far and wide will beg Harbaugh for a Michigan offer. OSU will look on in disbelief as their talent pool dries up, and dozens of their players enter the transfer portal for an opportunity to transfer to Michigan.

Even Howard Finebaum will bow his head in humble submission, as he concedes that Harbaugh is the best college football coach to ever grace a sideline. He will burn his Nick Saban long johns.

Michigan Football. National Champions 2023, and it won't even be close.

How's that?

Comment

• Much better. In fact it sounds like Talent wrote it about M and HARBAUGH!!!!
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

The offense should be nearly as good as last year, with the exception that the running game will be by committee rather than just relying on one guy.

The problems will be mostly on defense. I don't see how the defense can rise to last year's level with so many key people gone.
              Bake Corum was 3rd team All-Big Ten with 952 yards on 144 attempts (6.6 ypc) and 11 TDs. He missed some time with that high ankle sprain, too. And we all saw what Donovan Warren is capable of. I expect big things from him this year. At WR, we get Ronnie Bell back along with everyone else except Daylen Baldwin (17 catches, 256 yards in 2021).

I think pretty much every meaningful skill player is returning.

Comment

• Yeah, the offense should be pretty good. Even the OL returns a mixed group of starters and substitutes who had significant playing time in '21. I don't have a lot of concerns about that. They open with 3 home games where they should dominate, followed by the Big Ten opener at home with Maryland. Not sure how good the Terps will be this year, but its Michigan's homecoming (an early one at that) and M is usually pretty good at homecoming.

My concern is mostly for the defense. Unless you're Alabama, osu or Georgia, you don't just plug in another 5 star athlete when you lose the people the team lost. M should be good on defense, but they face a huge test when they play at Kinnick on October 1st. And I have no doubt that will be a night game with 'revenge' on the minds of the Hawkeyes. If M can pass that test, I'll consider them the top challenger to osu in the East. PSU and MSU will have a say in that, but both are in A2, so we'll see.

Comment

• STFU
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hey Wiz: I have to have a colonoscopy tomorrow. Would you like to take my place?

Comment

• Well you've been crawling up my ass for years liney...you don't need my help brother...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        My concern is mostly for the defense. Unless you're Alabama, osu or Georgia, you don't just plug in another 5 star athlete when you lose the people the team lost. M should be good on defense, but they face a huge test when they play at Kinnick on October 1st. And I have no doubt that will be a night game with 'revenge' on the minds of the Hawkeyes. If M can pass that test, I'll consider them the top challenger to osu in the East. PSU and MSU will have a say in that, but both are in A2, so we'll see.
                        Sorry, but one of the most significant breakthroughs of last year was that the team finally stopped playing scared in places like Madison, Lincoln and Happy Valley. Iowa isn't going to be a major upgrade from the team that hobbled out of Indy last December. Michigan will not lose in Kinnick this year.

Comment

• I sure hope not as I will be in attendance.

Comment

• It's a good venue- not like those shitholes in East Lansing, West Lafayette or Evanston.

Comment

• But in Evanston you can go to Mustard's Last Stand!

Comment

• shaddup
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X