Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
    So it looks like DeVos is going to probably slide through. Out of all the candidates, this is the one I thought enough Republicans would realize is totally unqualified and dangerous for the role she's been nominated for but they are going to push her through.
    Need one more republican to send her down the bottom of the sea.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Seattle District judge issue temporary restraining order against the travel ban

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/827709588808036352[/ame]

Comment

• Thank you, Geezer. Glad to see you're a treehugger like me now. I knew you would bend to my will eventually.

Meantime, cuisine imperialism of the rebel states? I'm all ears. BBQ, the Allman Brothers and AlabamAlum aren't enough of a contribution to make me forget the many drawbacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Spicer claimed only 109 people were affected by the travel ban. Govt admitted today IN COURT that over 100,000 people have had their visas revoked as a consequence

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ustice-n716121
            Spicer had already used up those other zeros on his Inauguration count.

Comment

• Spicer and cock smokingeezer obviously make up numbers so plz disregard.

Comment

• The Pentagon posted video to prove that the raid in Yemen yielded great inside info on terrorist operations. Therefore the operation was a resoundng success, despite the deaths of a dozen or so civilians, a Navy SEAL, and the loss of a $90M Osprey helicopter. Only problem is it was a video widely available on the net nearly a decade ago.

Comment

• Inside the Immigration Order fuckup...Bannon made an unannounced visit to DHS to try and browbeat Kelly into keeping the ban on green card holders. Kelly told him to fuck off and that he only takes orders from the President, not his drunken stooges

Comment

• I follow news of special operations closely. There are a couple of things to note. First, from our side, you are going to hear nothing that is accurate about the planning or execution of the mission. You may know of it, and in this case of the death of one of the participants, but beyond that there is always disinformation...... especially in regards to any intelligence that may have been gained. Occasionally, you may be told of one of the key targets in the mission being killed or captured but only if this serves the purpose of shaping the enemy's perception of the impact of the operation - in this case IS.

From the other side, you will always here about innocent women and children being killed and equipment used carrying out the raid being captured/shot down/crashed.

The point is very little information that is in the public domain and provided by US officials has anything to do with what actually happened.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hack... it is relevant to say news about one party bitching about how a president responds or doesn't respond really isn't news. It's politics. It's not about the issues. It's about making someone look bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Inside the Immigration Order fuckup...Bannon made an unannounced visit to DHS to try and browbeat Kelly into keeping the ban on green card holders. Kelly told him to fuck off and that he only takes orders from the President, not his drunken stooges......
                        I follow your posts closely, DSL. They're good, informative. On this one I take issue with how you characterize the WP article, also a very good piece of journalism, IMO.

Here's the concluding paragraph:

If the White House is now serious about working with the Cabinet, that?s a positive sign and means that this series of events had a constructive impact on policymaking. But there?s a good chance that this won?t be the last time Kelly, Mattis and Tillerson will have to confront Bannon and Miller. Score their first battle as a tie.

For now, I'm going to give DJT some credit for choosing the major players in his inner circle if the dynamics of their interactions to date are any indication of giving such credit.

I've done a good deal of reading about Bannon and Tillerson. I know Mattis, not personally but I followed his USMC Career. The article does a good job, at least as I read it, of portraying the interplay between Trump's political advisors (of which Bannon is one) and the key cabinet members, especially defense, state.

Trump likes controversy and probably fosters a certain level of confrontation among his inner circle. There is some sense in doing this. It usually brings out the best arguments for or against a particular course of action.

It took me a while to fully understand the Immigration EO. While I understand the intent, while not agreeing or disagreeing with that, I believe it was poorly implemented. We'll let the courts settle whether or not it is legal and I'll try to avoid getting puffed up about that outcome one way or the other.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Democrats like to scold Trump voters for their fondness for fake news -- and it is true that more fake news supporter Trump during the election. But they often like to pretend they haven't fallen for fake news stories themselves.

Stanford research on the most believed fake news stories of the past election

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                            I follow your posts closely, DSL. They're good, informative. On this one I take issue with how you characterize the WP article, also a very good piece of journalism, IMO.

Here's the concluding paragraph:

If the White House is now serious about working with the Cabinet, that?s a positive sign and means that this series of events had a constructive impact on policymaking. But there?s a good chance that this won?t be the last time Kelly, Mattis and Tillerson will have to confront Bannon and Miller. Score their first battle as a tie.

For now, I'm going to give DJT some credit for choosing the major players in his inner circle if the dynamics of their interactions to date are any indication of giving such credit.

I've done a good deal of reading about Bannon and Tillerson. I know Mattis, not personally but I followed his USMC Career. The article does a good job, at least as I read it, of portraying the interplay between Trump's political advisors (of which Bannon is one) and the key cabinet members, especially defense, state.

Trump likes controversy and probably fosters a certain level of confrontation among his inner circle. There is some sense in doing this. It usually brings out the best arguments for or against a particular course of action.

It took me a while to fully understand the Immigration EO. While I understand the intent, while not agreeing or disagreeing with that, I believe it was poorly implemented. We'll let the courts settle whether or not it is legal and I'll try to avoid getting puffed up about that outcome one way or the other.
                            Exaggerated claims gets people to read the article, heh. But I'll try to tone it down. Hard to not relish stories in which Bannon gets put in his place.

One of the amazing things about this Presidency is that it is the most leak-friendly environment of my lifetime. The lifelong civil employees despise a lot of their bosses...many of the bosses despise each other...

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              I bought this snowblower last week, its electric and done the job quite well yesterday. No need for all the maintenance of gas blowers though I do use a 100 foot cord and it just barely made it to the street. Over all, I really like it and recommend it.

I grabbed one off Amazon Prime earlier this winter and it gets the job done but it gets bogged down pretty easily. In a big storm I would imagine I would be out there several times to clear it. I'm going to get the gas one fixed and use this as the backup.
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X