X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Spicer claimed only 109 people were affected by the travel ban. Govt admitted today IN COURT that over 100,000 people have had their visas revoked as a consequence

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ustice-n716121
      I think Spicer meant just people from Bowling Green when he said 109.

Comment

• One can apportion blame to the missionaries if they wish - it reads to me like you do, but I'll 100% blame the muslims doing the religious cleansing.
        Last year, Christians were the most persecuted religion with 250,000,000 directly affected and 90,000 killed.

DSL: there is a big difference in revoking visas and persons directly affected by the implementation of the travel ban. If you think about it, the decision to announce the ban and have it effective immediately means that there will be some people in transit when the ban "hits". That is the 109 figure. What was amazing to me is that 325,000 foreigners come into the US daily. I doubted that figure, but I heard another figure of one million every 3 days, which is about the same thing.

Comment

• Hack. That is twice you have posted about improving ports along the Great Lakes. I think you ought to consider the "cost" of the St. Lawrence Seaway including the destruction of the ecosystems in the Great Lakes. First lampreys, then alewife, now zebra muscles, all introduced by ocean-going freighters.

I remember when the Seaway was opened, and there was virtually no consideration of the ecology in the Great Lakes. I doubt if there would be the political will to build the Seaway now, and I am 100% certain that it never would pass environmental muster. I'd base any case against port improvement partly on those grounds. I'm not against it because I don't know the facts, but I'd expect resistance on environmental grounds (which would be a unique case where actual harm has actually been done).

Comment

• I don't know. Someone brought it up to me, and if they come back with some numbers that support their case, I might be interested in looking into it. The more I cast my professional eyes on this country the more I see the dysfunctions that I find so interesting elsewhere. Transportation bottlenecks that lead back to an anti-competitive rent seeker are a good example. I can certainly see the argument for having more competition to bring down port costs on the East Coast.

As for environmental impacts, well, what do you know to give you that certainty?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
              Last year, Christians were the most persecuted religion with 250,000,000 directly affected and 90,000 killed.
              I bet if you go to a source called muslimpost.com you'd find that Muslims are. Or hindupost.com, Hindus are.

Comment

• As for environmental impacts, well, what do you know to give you that certainty?
                As I said, lampreys, alewife and zebra muscles. Three historical incidents. The first two killed the fishing in the GL. Now the muscles are "clearing" the lake and allowing sunshine to hit the weeds, yielding overgrowth (to say nothing of the closure if intake pipes in the whole basin). There is nothing "projected" about this. It happened. In a different area, the Chicago Ship Canal, which also provides access to the sea, is now the source of the Asian Carp that some say has already made its way to Lake Michigan. They got loose from fish farms down south, another result of the cuisine imperialism of the rebel states.

Comment

• I bought this snowblower last week, its electric and done the job quite well yesterday. No need for all the maintenance of gas blowers though I do use a 100 foot cord and it just barely made it to the street. Over all, I really like it and recommend it.

Comment

• So it looks like DeVos is going to probably slide through. Out of all the candidates, this is the one I thought enough Republicans would realize is totally unqualified and dangerous for the role she's been nominated for but they are going to push her through.
                    Last edited by Mainevent; February 3, 2017, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                      So it looks like DeVos is going to probably slide through. Out of all the candidates, this is the one I thought enough Republicans would realize is totally unqualified and dangerous for the role she's been nominated for but they are going to push her through.
                      Yep. She's a fucking disaster.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        I bought this snowblower last week, its electric and done the job quite well yesterday. No need for all the maintenance of gas blowers though I do use a 100 foot cord and it just barely made it to the street. Over all, I really like it and recommend it.

How much was it?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Cheap only 175.00 on sale at HD

You do have to put it together, but it was really simple and you also need to get the cord (if you don't already have one).

It also has a LED light (if its dark)

Snow Joe Ultra SJ625E 21-Inch 15-Amp Electric Snow Thrower

Comment

• Oh yea it is super light compared to my old gas snowblower, that is what I like about it most.

Comment

• Coolio...Ill look into one for next year. Doesnt snow enough around here anymore for me to justify a traditional model.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Port authority development is a little bit outside that which we can credibly put our hands on. I haven't heard it come up in my conversations with Cleveland economic development groups, though. I imagine it's a legitimate tool. I've heard rural economic development folks talk about the value of the Ohio River and slew of available spots in Ohio. I was like, what? -- they still ship shit by river? Apparently, though the value of cheap, accessible water is also big.

I'll keep it in mind. I'm sure to run across someone who can speak passionately about it.
                                Thousand footers ship through the Soo Locks. And really they need to upgrade to being able to handle 1250 footers.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X