Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this guy serious with this video?
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• lol...that song. It reminds me of the alltime Nixon classic

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMO5DfRIv-k"]Nixon Now Campaign Song Ad- Nixon 1972 Presidential Campaign Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Donnie Trump Jr. met with Russian lawyer after being promised compromising info on Hillary. Acknowledged by Trump Jr. himself that he was expecting something juicy; left disappointed.

Donald Trump Jr. is said to have arranged the meeting with the Kremlin-linked lawyer during the campaign after he was told he would be provided with details about Hillary Clinton.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/884159761377370113[/ame]

Comment

• So he only attempted to collude with a foreign country to undermine elections?

Comment

• And the Trumpsters will still defend this fucking assclown.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• BOMBSHELL!!!
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yep. Move along. Nothing to see here
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    BOMBSHELL!!!
                    What's your interpretation for why they keep lying about stuff like this?

I mean...Trump Jr. changed his story within 24 hours from "the meeting was about Russian adoptions" to "Okay, I was promised dirt on Hillary and they didn't deliver"

Comment

• The admin sent out Steve Mnuchin to praise the 'cyber security unit" as a huge accomplishment for Trump literally just this morning.

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/884211874518192128[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        What's your interpretation for why they keep lying about stuff like this?

I mean...Trump Jr. changed his story within 24 hours from "the meeting was about Russian adoptions" to "Okay, I was promised dirt on Hillary and they didn't deliver"
                        He doesn't care

Comment

• So the Russians were going to give emails they already hacked to DJTJ? And then they went ahead and continued to release emails via Wikileaks as they've had done previously?

The more rational explanation was the Russian lawyer used the pretext of damaging HRC emails to arrange the meeting and backdoor lobbying shit. I mean, what fucking political operative wouldn't want damaging information on their opponent? (Excuse me, Ms. Clinton, we have a "grab them in their pussy" tape, would you like it?). Of course they're going to meet.

What baffles me beyond belief is why the Russians and their presumably complex intelligence operation with an established reliable channel for release (Wikileaks) would veer from that course to use some hack laywer to all of sudden be the point man.

I'll give the NYT some credit -- at least this story appears to be non-fabricated unlike, say, their bullshit that Trump had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence (thank you, Comey).

BOMBSHELL!!!! Believe me, THIS ONE IS IT!

In the mean time, we're still waiting for the quid quo pro.

Also, I look forward to the next BOMBSHELL next weekend. Like clockwork. And Froot will be in here touting it out that ass -- JUST WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOMBSHELL!!!!
                          Last edited by iam416; July 10, 2017, 07:27 AM.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            Yep. Move along. Nothing to see here
                            I think it was Jon that posted a link to an article that discussed the dangers of normalizing wrong. I mean, under that sort of normalization of wrong, you can dismiss Jared Kuchner's meetings with various Russians, including his most recent one with this Rusian Lawyer. The ABC News story includes this:

Veselnitskaya (the lawyer in questions) is best known for her work against the Magnitsky Act, a 2012 bill that blocks certain Russian officials' entrance to the U.S. and their use of the U.S. banking system.

The Magnitsky Act was largely a response to the death of Russian lawyer Sergei Magnitsky in a Moscow prison in 2009. Magnitsky was killed by Russian police after he uncovered a huge tax fraud scheme linked to the top levels of the Russian state. The act serves as a blacklist that targets Russian officials involved in the murder and its cover-up.

After the act was passed, Russia stopped allowing Americans to adopt Russian children.

I suppose you could conclude Kushner and Manafort (also at the meeting) only discussed adoptions but it seems to me one can also conclude that Kushner, acting in the Trump campaign's best interests, was working out ways to reduce the impact of the Manitsky Act on Russian oligarchs.

There's a pattern of meeting with the Russians by various persons either directly (Kushner is the first) or indirectly (Manafort, Flynn and Sessions) linkable to Donald Trump and his campaign that seems a little off to say the least.

I don't think this is business as usual for American government. It may be business as usual for the powerful business elite and I don't use that term to describe those persons respectfully. It's deal making: you do this for me and I'll do this for you.

The problem with these sorts of things elevated to the highest levels of State is that it breaches all kinds of protocol for insuring that the dealings between Sovereigns, especially as conducted by the President himself (or his representatives), serves the best interests of America.

What appears to be happening here is a potential quid pro quo arrangement between an incoming administration and the Russians. The purpose of that could have been to arrange favors for the Russian elite who, previously, and by the Obama Administration, had been targeted and penalized by the Magnitsky Act.

If this is true, it is just another example of how Trump seems to be using his position as US President in ways that is potentially great for his business and personal interests and damaging to American international interests and relationships. But, yeah, nothing to see here.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If you are going under the pretext that the Russians have damaging info and you are trying to get it, that sounds like an attempt at collusion. These people continue to lie about these meetings, they knowingly omitted these meetings on their clearance forms. What's the point in asking about meeting with foreign nationals if you can just lie about it unpunished.

Comment

• On September 13, former Rep. Thomas Downey, a debate coach for Al Gore, received a package with an Austin, Texas postmark containing a copy of a videotape that showed Bush engaged in a mock debate with Sen. Judd Gregg (R-NH). The package also contained some debate briefing books used to prep the Republican candidate.

Downey promptly turned the materials over to the FBI, and because he had seen some of the material, he said he would not help Gore prepare for the upcoming presidential debates. Downey had been tapped to play the role of George W. Bush in a mock debate session.
                                Last edited by SeattleLionsFan; July 10, 2017, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X