No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give Graham credit, he was half right in that clip.

Comment

• Bill O'Reilly‏Verified account
      @BillOReilly
      3h3 hours ago
      More
      Kate Steinle’s killer found not guilty of murder. Not since OJ Simpson has this kind of verdict been dropped. At the very least manslaughter - he had a stolen gun! Awful.

Comment

• Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
        @realDonaldTrump
        13m13 minutes ago
        More
        A disgraceful verdict in the Kate Steinle case! No wonder the people of our Country are so angry with Illegal Immigration.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          Bill O'Reilly‏Verified account
          @BillOReilly
          3h3 hours ago
          More
          Kate Steinle?s killer found not guilty of murder. Not since OJ Simpson has this kind of verdict been dropped. At the very least manslaughter - he had a stolen gun! Awful.
          George Zimmerman?

Comment

• Self-Defense wasn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              Self-Defense wasn't it?
              Nope. Murder.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Either way, just in time to drown out the tax-reform debate.

Comment

• This is like something edited for the Daily Show. Good Lord. The 'principled' Ted Cruz

[ame]https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/936352215551406080[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    The illegal was guilty of at least involuntary manslaughter. There's zero question. Oh well. He'll maybe get deported this time.
                    yeah, deported for a 6th time, perhaps he will learn this time...........
                    Last edited by Kapture1; November 30, 2017, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• BUILD THE WALL

Comment

• I don't know a thing about the case, but I predict rage tweets.

This is what started Trumps promise to build a wall.

Comment

The illegal was guilty of at least involuntary manslaughter. There's zero question. Oh well. He'll maybe get deported this time.
                          Kinda felt so too but just saw this tonight. And from Red State, of all places. National media ignored a lot of significant details about this case, some that Geezer pointed out earlier. For one, I don't think I had ever heard until tonight that the shot that killed Steinle was a ricochet that first hit the concrete 80 feet away from her. I would think that alone would make a murder charge a bit of a reach.

Anyways, food for thought in this article. She seems to think the Prosecutors were under enormous pressure to pursue the toughest possible charges and sentence.

Comment

• Well, there was dispute as to what happened.

That said, involuntary manslaughter, at least generally, is the reckless or criminally negligent act that causes someone's death. Often times the criminal act can simply be breaking a mundane law. The sentencing is way less than murder. It is comparable to vehicular homicide.

There's zero question, at least in mind, that discharging a fire arm in a public space like he did is reckless (consciously ignoring a known risk). The only real question for the jury was did he intend to pull the trigger. If he intended to pull the trigger then he was reckless and he's criminally liable -- at least to that degree -- for that bullet.

To argue he had not intent he (a) argued the gun wasn't his -- he just happened to find it on the pier -- thus, presumably, he wouldn't know anything about the trigger or how easily it would go off (and to try to beat the gun charge); and (b) the gun went off by accident -- in this case, I think he said he dropped it? -- I forget.

That story seems barely plausible to me. I would have a very hard time thinking that he didn't have some sort of intent to pull the trigger. But, I didn't see him testify, so I can't assess his credibility.

A comparable case, I guess, would be Plaxico Burress. Recall, he carried a gun into a nightclub and "accidentally" shot himself. If that bullet had found a person I think he'd have been in a heap load of trouble. As it was, he spent almost 2 years in jail on the gun charge.

Presumably, a city and state that is so anti-gun will throw the book at this guy and he'll serve time for the gun charge before being deported. In any event, he's going to be deported. Finally.

*EDIT* -- heh...just read DSL's link...that's a far more cogent breakdown than what I offer....fucking DSL
                            Last edited by iam416; December 1, 2017, 08:31 AM.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The thinking is that NK has developed and just launched a rocket capable of delivering a nuclear device to US soil that need not be miniaturized. That would accelerate NK time schedule for being a real nuclear threat to the US.

I've mentioned this before but the way to deal with this is to acknowledge NK is now a fully nuclear capable state and give them a seat at the nuclear armed country's table. That's what happened when Pakistan became nuclear capable.

Most experts on Asia think this is what NK wants. Military action is unthinkable. Sanctions are not likely to work. I've heard talk that freezing access to the foreign banks that NK principals have cash in could create an environment where Un's opposition might work to remove him. I don't think China wants the instability on it's boarder in that case.

Let NK sit.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Well, there was dispute as to what happened.

That said, involuntary manslaughter, at least generally, is the reckless or criminally negligent act that causes someone's death. Often times the criminal act can simply be breaking a mundane law. The sentencing is way less than murder. It is comparable to vehicular homicide.

There's zero question, at least in mind, that discharging a fire arm in a public space like he did is reckless (consciously ignoring a known risk). The only real question for the jury was did he intend to pull the trigger. If he intended to pull the trigger then he was reckless and he's criminally liable -- at least to that degree -- for that bullet.

To argue he had not intent he (a) argued the gun wasn't his -- he just happened to find it on the pier -- thus, presumably, he wouldn't know anything about the trigger or how easily it would go off (and to try to beat the gun charge); and (b) the gun went off by accident -- in this case, I think he said he dropped it? -- I forget.

That story seems barely plausible to me. I would have a very hard time thinking that he didn't have some sort of intent to pull the trigger. But, I didn't see him testify, so I can't assess his credibility.

A comparable case, I guess, would be Plaxico Burress. Recall, he carried a gun into a nightclub and "accidentally" shot himself. If that bullet had found a person I think he'd have been in a heap load of trouble. As it was, he spent almost 2 years in jail on the gun charge.

Presumably, a city and state that is so anti-gun will throw the book at this guy and he'll serve time for the gun charge before being deported. In any event, he's going to be deported. Finally.

*EDIT* -- heh...just read DSL's link...that's a far more cogent breakdown than what I offer....fucking DSL
                                The time that he spent in jail since 2015 will probably be taken off his sentence, he is likely to get out relatively quickly. He will be deported, and will likely be back, again.

I hear the jury was not made aware of his 7 prior felonies or 5 prior deportations.

I don't know how they can charge a guy of unlawful possession of a firearm, where a woman is shot and dies, and he is in no way responsible for her death when he basically confessed on tape back in 2015 to pulling the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                                X