No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish your mom had taken a free ride to Planned Parenthood before you were born.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• So did Pa...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Are we talking about a national ID or every state requiring a form of ID to vote?

Comment

• "...why can't we be friends...why can't we be friends....why can't we be friends...why can't we be friends..."
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• After all I've done for you AA...you treat me like this...I feel like Entropy now...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              Alabama provides a free ID for those very few who don't have one of the 15 or so IDs they accept.during implementation, they gave free rides, I don't know if they still do.
              A law implemented to surpress AA votes.

"A state senator who had tried for over a decade to get the bill into law, told The Huntsville Times that a photo ID law would undermine Alabama?s ?black power structure.? In The Montgomery Advertiser, he said that the absence of an ID law ?benefits black elected leaders.?

The bill?s sponsors were even caught on tape devising a plan to depress the turnout of black voters ? whom they called ?aborigines? and ?illiterates? who would ride ?H.U.D.-financed buses? to the polls ? in the 2010 midterm election by keeping a gambling referendum off the ballot. Gambling is popular among black voters in Alabama, so they thought if it had remained on the ballot, black voters would show up to vote in droves."

To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I like how Sanders just stands there with a "how did I get here?" look on her face as a pre-recorded message from Trump boasts of his economic triumphs.

Also... Imagine the uproar if Obama had threatened Mark Levin or Ann Coulter with lawsuits over mean things they said about him in a book.

Comment

• die
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That's German for "The"

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      After all I've done for you AA...you treat me like this...I feel like Entropy now...

that actually made me chuckle..
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                        I wish I shared your opinion on people. I wish your opinion was the way our culture behaved.

But we have laws on what is improper behavior (based upon a Christian foundation) because human behavior doesn't always match how they want others to behave. As Metallica said.. "Am I Evil? I am man, yes I am."
                        It's not a matter of opinion. There have been something like 45 cases of in person voter fraud in the United States in then past 15 years. That's it. We can have an honest debate about whether 3 a year is a good reason to make changes and possibly disenfranchise folks, but it's not a widespread issue.

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                        Perhaps I don't understand the targeted voting blocks you're mentioning... can you elaborate?
                        Read up on the North Carolina case. The 4th circuit found that its voter ID laws seemed to "target African americans with almost surgical precision." That's what I mean.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          I like how Sanders just stands there with a "how did I get here?" look on her face as a pre-recorded message from Trump boasts of his economic triumphs.

Also... Imagine the uproar if Obama had threatened Mark Levin or Ann Coulter with lawsuits over mean things they said about him in a book.

he's a disaster... he can't even fake acting like an adult.
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                            A law implemented to surpress AA votes.

"A state senator who had tried for over a decade to get the bill into law, told The Huntsville Times that a photo ID law would undermine Alabama’s “black power structure.” In The Montgomery Advertiser, he said that the absence of an ID law “benefits black elected leaders.”

The bill’s sponsors were even caught on tape devising a plan to depress the turnout of black voters — whom they called “aborigines” and “illiterates” who would ride “H.U.D.-financed buses” to the polls — in the 2010 midterm election by keeping a gambling referendum off the ballot. Gambling is popular among black voters in Alabama, so they thought if it had remained on the ballot, black voters would show up to vote in droves."

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/1...ww.google.com/
                            I read that piece when it came out before the Moore-Jones election. Wasn't impressed. Loved the title, though: "The Alabama Senate Race May Have Already Been Decided". Heh.

While I have no doubts that some proponents had untoward hopes of suppression, I don't think that belief holds water. Again, very few people didn't have at least one of the allowed IDs. If they didn't, free rides and free IDs.
                            Last edited by AlabamAlum; January 4, 2018, 04:43 PM.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              you mean if they had signed a non disparagement agreement for the access to the WH they were granted (if they had been)?

Probably nowhere near the uproar of the idiotic left.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                                It's not a matter of opinion. There have been something like 45 cases of in person voter fraud in the United States in then past 15 years. That's it. We can have an honest debate about whether 3 a year is a good reason to make changes and possibly disenfranchise folks, but it's not a widespread issue.

Read up on the North Carolina case. The 4th circuit found that its voter ID laws seemed to "target African americans with almost surgical precision." That's what I mean.
                                only a racist thinks so little of African Americans to say that they are incapable of obtaining ID.

Comment

Working...
                                X