No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds also seem to believe that AAs and other Ds are too motherfucking stupid to figure out how to vote using (a) an ID; (b) early voting; or (c) provisional ballots.

I give AAs and Ds way more credit, but then again, I'm not in the business of infantilizing anyone. I'll leave that to the progs.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ent -

I can't speak for dems, only myself. I find such a requirement appalling. I have never had to show ID before. Only once in 40+ years of voting has there been an issue. I moved in an election year and I was on the voter roll for each residence. I told her which was correct, she red lined the other, and I voted. The problem never appeared again.

I am an American citizen who has served my country and voted in every election I could. To challenge me on this dearly held and precious right FOR NO REASON is the action of totalitarian states. That is one step away from single candidate ballots.

Look at the facts. In all the elections where voter fraud has been investigated, less than a dozen cases have ever been found where there was multiple voting by an individual. Yes, there have been ghost voters, but that has been done via absentee ballots, not at the polling stations. Voter fraud is non-existant and simply an excuse for 21st century version Jim Crow. In urban areas where the poor do not have driver licenses, much less any gov't issued ID, they should be excluded from their constitutional right to vote? That's no different than not having the money to pay a poll tax. Since this issue primarily impacts those who do not vote for the Party of Trump, its not hard to see why and where this ID effort comes from. Voter ID is the solution to a non-existant problem.

I typically know the poll workers where I vote (only a couple of precincts sharing the same gymnasium). They know I will refuse to show ID. It's basically, "Hi Jon. Here's your affirmation form. Get your ballot from Karen." It was much smoother and more efficient to be asked your name and address and be handed a ballot. That is the American way. If you don't want to be trusted when you show up to vote, then I suggest moving to the land of Trump's master where those types can feel right at home.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
        1) because in person voter fraud is not an issue. Never has been. So there is no need for additional laws.

2) because some people cannot get a new ID without severe difficulty. Between work schedules and other impediments it discourages people from voting.

3) because the laws are written and enacted in order to suppress votes, and specifically minority and democratic votes. Just look at the North Carolina example for more evidence.
        shouldn't we make it easier on #2 instead of saying you don't need it... shouldn't the problem be addressed rather than say we can't do it.

#3... all states have laws that suppress votes. You don't register by a certain date, you can't vote. Since I'm a registered independent, in some states, I couldn't vote between Hillary and Sanders or Trump and the basket of silliness... Seems to me we pick and choose what suppresses based upon the outcomes we want. If the laws are clear and don't restrict people based upon race, sex, or any other factor... there should be no excuse, even with deadlines.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Jon.. that is great that those running the polls know you. But they wouldn't know me if I moved into your community. And I'd not feel great if I walked in and said I live here.. so let me vote and it was fine.

Comment

• If you don't want to be trusted when you show up to vote, then I suggest moving to the land of Trump's master where those types can feel right at home.
            You mean Canada? You mean the UK? You mean Germany? I'm so confused because SOOOOO many western liberal democracies have Voter ID requirements.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Talent - Yep. And that's a good reason to live in the good 'ol USA.

Ent - Perhaps naive, but I believe in the basic honesty of people. I'll take the risk of you coming to Rose Township and voting. I do not favor phony solutions to non-existant problems where there is a danger of disenfranchising people, regardless of their political leanings.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Ent,
                I don't disagree with you but, you have to go back to point 1. It's not a problem. It's never been a problem. A handful of in person votes are cast fraudulently each year. So how much trouble is correcting that handful of votes?

And I also don't disagree that fair and equal treatment of voters is fine. But that is not what happens. Voter ID laws are TARGETED to surpress specific voting blocks. That's a real issue.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post

Ent - Perhaps naive, but I believe in the basic honesty of people. .
                  I wish I shared your opinion on people. I wish your opinion was the way our culture behaved.

But we have laws on what is improper behavior (based upon a Christian foundation) because human behavior doesn't always match how they want others to behave. As Metallica said.. "Am I Evil? I am man, yes I am."

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                    Ent,
                    I don't disagree with you but, you have to go back to point 1. It's not a problem. It's never been a problem. A handful of in person votes are cast fraudulently each year. So how much trouble is correcting that handful of votes?

And I also don't disagree that fair and equal treatment of voters is fine. But that is not what happens. Voter ID laws are TARGETED to surpress specific voting blocks. That's a real issue.

Perhaps I don't understand the targeted voting blocks you're mentioning... can you elaborate?
                    Last edited by entropy; January 4, 2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Yes...why on earth would we make voting so complicated...

WTF?

If getting a fucking ID card is so hard for some dolts...do we really want these morons voting anyway?

Thin.

The.

Herd.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        You mean Canada? You mean the UK? You mean Germany? I'm so confused because SOOOOO many western liberal democracies have Voter ID requirements.

EFZ.

But I guess the libtards think the average American (translation...their voting pool) is too fucking lazy to get an ID card...

hilarious.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I haven't followed along, because this is clearly a particularly American kind of nonsense, but perhaps the key to dropping opposition would be doing it in precisely the way all those other countries do, as opposed to precisely the way North Carolinians or Texans do. Certainly Canadians have managed the exceptionally difficult task of verifying voter identity without shrinking the collective voice of a specific group of voters. Did any of these states do a global best-practices study?

Comment

• Comment

• Alabama provides a free ID for those very few who don't have one of the 15 or so IDs they accept.during implementation, they gave free rides, I don't know if they still do.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "...so come on and take a free ride....yeah yeah yeah yeah..."
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X