X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buchananesque
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ouch. I'll still to links! (Puter-esque!)

From the lengthy cut and paste above, the Vox article about Ds and White voters: https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/201...ton-obama-base

Also, randomly, another Vox article opining (correctly, IMO) that if Aziz Ansari were a college student then he'd get expelled: https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/201...tle-ix-assault
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Short and not so sweet

Geezeresque
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There's nothing short about Geezer's work.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            Buchananesque
            Pat or Jeff?

Comment

• On the Today show they were cooking "Detroit-style" pizza, they said a standard was using Cheddar cheese in the mix. This is not a thing. I have been to restaurants in Orlando and Dublin that referred to Detroit Style pizza and there was no common denominator. I guess they are trying to make the case of a square deep dish.

Comment

• Sad to say, but the Little Ceasars version is credible enough for me as an out-of-town fix.

Comment

• The Dems did draft a memo, and asked for it to be released. The Republicans blocked it.
                  That is not the whole story. They actually drafted their memo shortly before the IC meeting. It has not been vetted at all. If the Ds follow the same procedures as the Rs, then release the Dem memo.

This reminds me of the JE Hoover days when the FBI had dirt on a great many Congressmen and upper-level bureaucrats. That was why there was not more of an objection to Hoover's wiretapping of MLK or his covert attempts to disrupt the anti-war movement. The FBI has substantially more technical ability to gather information on American citizens today than ever before. That is power, and power corrupts.

I still believe a federal judge somewhere will enjoin the release of the memo. Get the darn thing out!

Comment

• Not a bad analysis overall. Two comments on this paragraph...

In return, he seeks approval of a set of policies strongly opposed by the left, each of which is designed to stem what Trump sees as a threatening increase in the nonwhite population of the United States
                    1. The last clause here is one reason why people think Trump is racist. It's because that's racist.

2. That's stupid. It's as if he thinks there are a ton of super skilled white Europeans that are dying to immigrate to the US but just can't get in. There aren't. A switch to skills based immigration (which I am largely fine with) will only change the flavor of the non white population immigrating to the US.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Nothing makes assimilation easier than allowing someone to immigrate to the US do to skill-based immigration but not allow them to bring their spouse and children due to CHAIN MIGRATION.

Comment

• Detroit style pizza...much like the city...nice around the perimeter of the pie...shithole in the middle...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Nothing makes assimilation easier than allowing someone to immigrate to the US do to skill-based immigration but not allow them to bring their spouse and children due to CHAIN MIGRATION
                          Keeping burning those straw men. PDJT and the Rs aren't cutting out spouses and children, but good one.

Man, there's no way anyone can be successful unless they're living with their parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, second-cousins, third-cousins-once removed, aunts, uncles, great uncles, and so forth...It's particularly awesome when you pair Chain Migrations (triggered!) with the Lottery. Somebody pulls a number and 37 people are coming over!

BTW, "assimilation" is a microagression per various speech codes including the University of California system. Why are you being such a hateful racist, Froot?
                          Last edited by iam416; February 1, 2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Hopefully the Ds will make immigration a huge issue. Given their overall strategic tendencies, that wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Comment

• A switch to skills based immigration (which I am largely fine with) will only change the flavor of the non white population immigrating to the US
                              Asians (including India). God bless them. They're crushing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Nothing makes assimilation easier than allowing someone to immigrate to the US do to skill-based immigration but not allow them to bring their spouse and children due to CHAIN MIGRATION.
                                this is silly... I don't believe that was the intent (maybe I'm wrong) but that if in implementation this is happening, it needs to be changed and the people making the policy need to recognize that need for change. spouses and kids up to an age should not be left in another country.

If you do believe in legal immigration, you should also want assimilation or adoption of the culture. jmo.
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X